• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Deal of the Day: J - Stars Victory Vs+ (PS4) $19.99

Cody_D165

Banned
Link

Figured some GAF members might want a heads up on this one since I didn't see many black friday deals on it. Just put down an order for a copy myself.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
One Piece Musou 3 is also on sale for $19.99 think I'm going to pick that one up.

Is J-Stars any good? Reviews seem pretty middling

How is Xenoverse?

I rented J-Stars, and sent it back the following day. It wasn't bad, I just didn't find it to be very deep. I'm also not a fan of that "following camera angle" style.

J-Stars is almost, almost worth it if you're a big Shonen Jump fan. It's just so janky that I can't recommend it. (Find a way to play Jump Super Stars or Jump Ultimate Stars instead)

Xenoverse is great, though! The RNG is a cruel thing when you're trying to get certain moves and equipment, but otherwise it's probably as close to a modern Budokai Tenkaichi game as we're going to get.

In for One Piece, I guess.

bobawesome

Does J-Stars at least play better than Battle of Z? My bar isn't very high.

How is Xenoverse?

I rented J-Stars, and sent it back the following day. It wasn't bad, I just didn't find it to be very deep. I'm also not a fan of that "following camera angle" style.

I paid $60 for it and loved it. I'm usually not into DBZ games but this really gripped me and didn't let go. It's funny to think that one of my most enjoyable gaming experiences of the year came from a Dragonball Z game.

The real highlight of the game is being able to create a custom character, level them up, and outfit them with skills and costumes from characters of the anime and manga. Oh, and the loot grind from the side missions.

RootCause

is J stars terrible? I have it on ps vita, but I haven't downloaded it yet.

Onechanbara Z2 Chaos: 'Banana Split' Edition also looks to be $20. Anyone know if this is the standard price now or is it also part of the sale?
It changed price yesterday. Not sure if that's the new price moving forward, or if Amazon wants to clear stock.

WarWolf

Onechanbara Z2 Chaos: 'Banana Split' Edition also looks to be $20. Anyone know if this is the standard price now or is it also part of the sale?

Onechanbara is 50% off and is a part of the holiday deals on Amazon. That price should be good to December 20. Dragon Ball, J-Stars, and One Piece are a daily deal.

bobawesome

is J stars terrible? I have it on ps vita, but I haven't downloaded it yet.

It changed price yesterday. Not sure if that's the new price moving forward, or if Amazon wants to clear stock.

Onechanbara is 50% off and is a part of the holiday deals on Amazon. That price should be good to December 20. Dragon Ball, J-Stars, and One Piece are a daily deal.

Thanks, guys. This gives me some more time to think things over...

hmm maybe i should pick up xenoverse. I know I won't get to it for a while (still have xenobalde, fallout and splatoon to finish) but it is a good price...

RootCause

hmm maybe i should pick up xenoverse. I know I won't get to it for a while (still have xenobalde, fallout and splatoon to finish) but it is a good price...
I'm in the same boat. I'm sure it will drop in price again. But all the for $60 sounds really tempting.

Top Bottom