• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon DoTD: SMT Nocturne $29.99

zoku88

I would totally be on this if it weren't for the fact that I already own the game.
Pitch Black Flint said:
I'd totally buy it too, if I thought for a second that I'd ever get around to playing it.
You see that backlog you have? When you buy Nocturne, it should go on the very top.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Crap, I paid $45 for this in October. I didn't want to wait because I was afraid it would disappear again. And I still haven't gotten around to playing it because I've been glued to Persona 3. Oh well.

Undubbed

I bought that game for 120 bucks a long time ago I still haven't played it!!

Kinda pissed when I heard about the price drop >_>

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Pein said:
I hope they do another reprint because I no cash at the moment

Honestly, I wouldn't worry too much. I kept an eye on it, and it has been consistently in stock on Amazon (from Amazon, not 3rd party sellers) since at least early October.

Little Mac

Gold Member
Hang Over Wake Up GIF by Arrow Video

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
I'm guessing these popped up in a warehouse somewhere. Even with the weird decisions Atlus makes, I'm sure nobody is doing new print runs on PS2 games in 2024.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
I'm guessing these popped up in a warehouse somewhere. Even with the weird decisions Atlus makes, I'm sure nobody is doing new print runs on PS2 games in 2024.

There must be a lot of them too. They’re giving a discount if you buy more than 4. I’m surprised it’s an all time great cult classic like Nocturne they found laying around and not like FIFA 06 or some licensed junk from that era. I guarantee you could walk into any retro game shop and get $100+ for this. Or put it in a drawer somewhere and forget you bought it like I plan on doing.

breakfast-club-cool.gif

StereoVsn

Pretty sure Atlus did a reprint of Persona, SMT IIi and DDS/Raidou titles a few years ago. Some of them used to be $$$ and all of a sudden they were for $20-30 everywhere.

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
Even unopened from their first run these games are not worth the price they cost on Amazon (just from a value/retention point of view). Obviously if you are a fan of these games and don't have them, this is a great way to add a copy to your collection.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Even unopened from their first run these games are not worth the price they cost on Amazon (just from a value/retention point of view). Obviously if you are a fan of these games and don't have them, this is a great way to add a copy to your collection.

Under $25 for a factory sealed ps2 game is a good deal. There are so many old games I would buy just to have a new physical copy of at this price.

druski-shrug.gif

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
Under $25 for a factory sealed ps2 game is a good deal. There are so many old games I would buy just to have a new physical copy of at this price.

druski-shrug.gif
None of these are under $25 USD. Currently you are paying close to $100 if you buy all three today. Price charting shows that SMT-DDS has the most value today @$57.43-new and sealed.

If you are buying these for "value" I would say skip them. If you are buying for your collection...no brainer.

0dlHIZn.jpeg

Last edited:

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
None of these are under $25 USD. Currently you are paying close to $100 if you buy all three today. Price charting shows that SMT-DDS has the most value today @$44.00-new and sealed.

If you are buying these for "value" I would say skip them. If you are buying for your collection...no brainer.

0dlHIZn.jpeg

It was $23.80 this morning when I got it. And yeah I wouldn’t recommend buying videogames as investments.

Top Bottom