• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android Mascot Discovered Urinating on Apple Logo in Google Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.

chadskin

A few eagle eyed employees at Team Android today discovered an unusual easter egg within Google Maps. Visiting these specific coordinates on the outskirts of Rawalpindi, Pakistan, Team Android found an image of the Google Android mascot urinating over the Apple logo to be imbedded within the map itself.
Screen-Shot-2015-04-24-at-12.01.09.png

It's yet to be made clear who exactly created the image and placed it within Google Maps and, as Engadget points out, whether Google is even aware it exists at all at this time. While the two companies have been known to be rivals in the past, especially concerning their own individual Apple Maps and Google Maps services, today's development is an interesting new addition to their long history.
http://www.macrumors.com/2015/04/24/android-mascot-urinating-apple-logo/

Very classy.

maxcriden

It's the new Bart Simpson urinating I guess. Seems pretty classless as you said. I love scatological humor but for some reason people peeing on things doesn't usually do much for me.

maxcriden

It's the new Bart Simpson urinating I guess. Seems pretty classless as you said. I love scatological humor but for some reason people peeing on things doesn't usually do much for me.

(There's another thread BTW.)

mclem

Hey, it might not have been placed by the developers! There might be a landscape gardener somewhere feeling very proud of themselves.

(or, alternatively)

Is this what you find after Mew?

PreFire

Always thought it was the other way around.. And involving shit instead of piss

I kid.

Pretty funny though

People have that logo on their works laptop screensaver and their phone wallpaper.

The corporation hate can get a little weird sometimes.

RuGalz

Lol. if you find that place in the Google Map Maker, someone added a Shopping Mall marker there.

Code:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/vop7AGH.png?1[/img]

Corporation pettiness is beyond sad.

Steve Jobs was mad. Very mad.

Now with Steve Jobs' biography nearing its October 24 release, a number of excerpts have been leaked out to the public including Jobs' incredible disdain for the Android operating system and what he saw as blatant theft on the part of Google. According to the Associated Press, which purchased a copy of the book early, Jobs launched into a profanity-laced tirade when speaking to biographer Walter Isaacson about Android:

"I will spend my last dying breath if I need to, and I will spend every penny of Apple's $40 billion in the bank, to right this wrong. I'm going to destroy Android, because it's a stolen product. I'm willing to go thermonuclear war on this."

In a later meeting with Schmidt (likely the meeting discussed here), Jobs made it clear that he had no plans to settle on this matter:

I don't want your money. If you offer me $5 billion, I won't want it. I've got plenty of money. I want you to stop using our ideas in Android, that's all I want.

Since that time, Google definitely hasn't backed down with Android, and its position in the market place has only gotten stronger. According to ComScore, Google's Android operating system is installed on 43.7% of smartphones in the U.S. compared to 27.3% for Apple. Likewise, Android's share of the market globally is just under 50% compared to 19% for Apple according to Canalys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom