• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Thanks!

I got so used to using app groups on my transformer, so it's been annoying not being able to easily do it on my 3VO.

install go launcher and get the ics theme. it works just as good as the official ics rom.

But they still went in and uglyfied icons. I don't get changing icons. Surely the skin has no control over other apps you download, so your new style of consistency will become inconsistent pretty damn shortly.

I hope the updates sort of become... well, when needed. Don't just change things up/add gimmicky features and make it a big new version no-one'll adopt. Maybe a small update is all you need for the new APIs or whatever. If they've got something big and revolutionary, ace.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Can hardly stomach The Verge's review of the Galaxy S3. "TouchWiz is awesome, way better than that Sense crap and totally on-par with stock." "Samsung totally made the right call in shunning onscreen buttons and the multitask button." "Google fricking sucks and Samsung is our savior." Etc. etc.

Blech. Gtfo Verge.

Toki767

Can hardly stomach The Verge's review of the Galaxy S3. "TouchWiz is awesome, way better than that Sense crap and totally on-par with stock." "Samsung totally made the right call in shunning onscreen buttons and the multitask button." "Google fricking sucks and Samsung is our savior." Etc. etc.

Blech. Gtfo Verge.

If it makes you feel better, Engadget's was pretty much the complete opposite. I'm actually surprised about The Verge's review because Vlad was so negative about the S3 ever since it was announced like he couldn't get over the look of it.

Mr Swine

Banned
Hi guys, I'm looking for a good middle end Android phone to upgrade from my ancient Optimus One. I would love to have one that doesn't cost most more than 250-300 dollars/pounds and is dual core with ICS. Any suggestions?

Blackhead

Redarse
Hi guys, I'm looking for a good middle end Android phone to upgrade from my ancient Optimus One. I would love to have one that doesn't cost most more than 250-300 dollars/pounds and is dual core with ICS. Any suggestions?

You're missing one useful info: what country are you in and/or what carrier do you need the phone for?

My first suggestion would be that for $300 (off-contract right?) you should be looking for a second-hand Galaxy SII

Hieberrr

Blech. Gtfo Verge.

But this new TouchWiz is awesome :(

Mr Swine

Banned
You're missing one useful info: what country are you in and/or what carrier do you need the phone for?

My first suggestion would be that for $300 (off-contract right?) you should be looking for a second-hand Galaxy SII

I live in Sweden so it should be in kronor instead of pounds but I don't care really

tino

Banned
Spend a little more for a new Galaxy Nexus. Normally I don't recommend phones with no sd card but this phone has the best value for a new phone right now.

Or get an used Sensation, Sensation XL.

Gigglepoo

When I try to sync with Facebook on my fiance's Nexus S 4G, it always hangs. She's already logged into Facebook and has no issues syncing with Google stuff, so I'm at a loss for ideas.

got the ATT One X unlocked, rooted, added CWM recovery and using 1.85..

so far the multitasking work much much better..doesn't aggressively kills apps as much.

jokkir

When I try to sync with Facebook on my fiance's Nexus S 4G, it always hangs. She's already logged into Facebook and has no issues syncing with Google stuff, so I'm at a loss for ideas.

Using the Facebook app to sync? I thought it doesn't let you sync it or at least that's the case on my Nexus S :S

Toki767

I messed around with the One X today. Maybe it was a little over hyped though. The unibody casing didn't really feel like that big of a deal. The screen was nice though. I definitely think Samsung went the right way with the menu key instead of the multitasking key though. I felt kind of lost always having to look for the 3 dots just to reach the menu for apps.

I messed around with the One X today. Maybe it was a little over hyped though. The unibody casing didn't really feel like that big of a deal. The screen was nice though. I definitely think Samsung went the right way with the menu key instead of the multitasking key though. I felt kind of lost always having to look for the 3 dots just to reach the menu for apps.

theres a mod and most rom comes with it...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1645290

will remove the annoying 3 dot menu thing and map it where the multitasking button.

multitasking is now done by long pressing the home button....so its just like the GS3.

Toki767

theres a mod and most rom comes with it...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1645290

will remove the annoying 3 dot menu thing and map it where the multitasking button.

multitasking is now done by long pressing the home button....so its just like the GS3.

I might be too picky but I need the menu button on the left. I can't get used to it on the right side. The best setup to me is the way Samsung set up their keys.

LG making 5" 16 x 9 1080p smartphone with 440ppi for 2nd half of 2012.

Link

1. Its an LG :(
2. Hopefully other OEMs will follow
3. Is it a hassle to get cm9 on this bad boy? Probably not a lot of dev support for LGs
4. If this is their nexus with a quad core s4 pro that would be sweet. Camera would probably not match up though.
5. Its an LG :(

tino

Banned
5" is still smaller than 5.3".

Not trying shit on high density display or anything. When I was at the Apple stole, it was really hard for me to tell the difference between the iPad 3 screen and the iPad 2 screen.

I mean I could tell, but not at regular Tablet working distance. I would not pay for a high density screen for extra bulk.

Blackhead

Redarse
LG making 5" 16 x 9 1080p smartphone with 440ppi for 2nd half of 2012.

Link

1. Its an LG :(
2. Hopefully other OEMs will follow
3. Is it a hassle to get cm9 on this bad boy? Probably not a lot of dev support for LGs
4. If this is their nexus with a quad core s4 pro that would be sweet. Camera would probably not match up though.
5. Its an LG :(
Samsung and LG are racing neck and neck to deliver the cutting edge hardware. I expect Samsung to match, or one-up, this tech within a week after LG launches.
6. It's 5"
Yeah 5" is too small for the Galaxy Note 2.

Toki767

Just installed 4.0.4 on my Captivate. It feels stupidly faster than 4.0.3

Edit: Wow. Animated gifs don't lag on the browser anymore.

Al-ibn Kermit

Has anybody else been having problems lately with Dolphin Browser HD suddenly bursting up to 50% CPU usage? Normally it runs fine but lately I've been feeling my phone (GS2) get hot on the back and I check the task manager and see the browser running the CPU very hard even if only a couple tabs are open.

I don't think I've ever seen an app run it that high so maybe this is a bug from a recent update?

DMeisterJ

Banned
Has anybody else been having problems lately with Dolphin Browser HD suddenly bursting up to 50% CPU usage? Normally it runs fine but lately I've been feeling my phone (GS2) get hot on the back and I check the task manager and see the browser running the CPU very hard even if only a couple tabs are open.

I don't think I've ever seen an app run it that high so maybe this is a bug from a recent update?

I have to FC it multiple times a day as it'll go up to 80% (1Ghz single-core) with two tabs open.

ep85

Just got ICS on my sensation XL. Apex launcher makes it feel like a whole new phone.

This is why i love Android, squeeee...

Sarcasm

I just got the Android ICS official update for my international g note. Well its downloading. So what should I look for when it is done?

Also should I format my SD card and do a hard reset with my phone? Cause I downloaded the update on phone but than connected to kies and did it that way instead.

yogloo

It has always been problematic for me whenever I put it on the background. The CPU usage would spike up everytime when it's on background.

Nymerio

What's gaf's tracking app of choice? I almost lost my phone this weekend and I'm looking for an app that I can use to remotely lock my device and find it via gps, etc.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
>_< I use subscriptions OK I don't really ever notice which forum any of the threads are in...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom