• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
The T has an S4, the TX has an S3...I think. Even XDA is confused

what, what the fuck did you just post..jesus Sony

The T is the Mint, it has the S4, as does ATT LTE version

The TX has an S3

tino

Banned
"It’ll be powered by an even-larger 3,100mAh battery"

CUT THE CHECK

looks like it.

gladiator-thumbs-down.jpg

With more pixels, Galaxy Note 1 best galaxy of 2012 confirmed!

Kiraly

The TX has an S3

Update: Boy, what a mess. Sony has three different versions of the specifications of the phones in three different places. We think we've finally fixed things so that they're accurate.

Everything I said before might be wrong :lol

Goddamn Sony

ep85

What's the point of the TX then?

And hopefully At&t gets the Xperia T before years end, we don't want another Xperia Ion situation. At&t is kicking ass lately. Top tier phones from each main Android OEM, it just need a damn Nexus as the pièce de résistance.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Why do all of Samsung's products look well designed and made, except for the ones that most people actually care about?

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
http://i.imgur.com/Nu6TA.jpg[/IG]

[url]http://pocketnow.com/2012/08/29/samsung-galaxy-camera/[/url]

oh my...[/QUOTE]

Wow, that's very interesting. And cool. Just snapping shots left and right and having the ability to Instant Upload to Google+? I think this move is rather brilliant.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Huh it's actually running Jellybean.

This just embarasses that Nikon camera just announced running gingerbread.

The TX has an S3

No, the TX is Hayabusa, it has Krait. (EDIT - They have fixed the white-paper, it now says MSM8260A, which is Krait based, the same as the Xperia T)

The AT&T version is the Xperia TL.

The Xperia V and T will be launching in the US across a number of networks, the TL has a full aluminium body and will be exclusive to AT&T. It is unknown how much battery life was sacrificed.

The Xperia V is awesome, I used it recently with the eDream 9 alpha (Sony's Jelly Bean based ROM) and it is going to be great. I have heard JB will roll out for 2012 devices by the end of October, but that is not confirmed. 2011 devices are still under consideration, but the prognosis is good.

Blackhead

Redarse
That Galaxy camera is very interesting. I hope Nokia delivers on the WP 8 pureview so it's a fair comparison before I pick one.
No, the TX is Hayabusa, it has Krait. (EDIT - They have fixed the white-paper, it now says MSM8260A, which is Krait based, the same as the Xperia T)

The AT&T version is the Xperia TL.

The Xperia V and T will be launching in the US across a number of networks, the TL has a full aluminium body and will be exclusive to AT&T. It is unknown how much battery life was sacrificed.

The Xperia V is awesome, I used it recently with the eDream 9 alpha (Sony's Jelly Bean based ROM) and it is going to be great. I have heard JB will roll out for 2012 devices by the end of October, but that is not confirmed. 2011 devices are still under consideration, but the prognosis is good.
I just wish the J was the international version of the SX.

tino

Banned
I am sorry, Xperia "random single letter" is the most confussing naming scheme ever. I only remember the last batch because they were called Xperia UPS. Unfortunately this batch is not called Xperia FEDX.

When are they going to learn the Germany car system of model naming?

Doopliss

Note II hardware looks superb. But I'd almost certainly want to use an AOSP based ROM and with Samsung devices there's a high chance that those will come with various broken hardware features. If only it were made by Sony...

rozay

Banned
I am sorry, Xperia "random single letter" is the most confussing naming scheme ever. I only remember the last batch because they were called Xperia UPS. Unfortunately this batch is not called Xperia FEDX.

When are they going to learn the Germany car system of model naming?
I think the problem is the letters don't seem to correspond to tiers, which is pretty confusing.

Nokia had differentations between the N-series, E-series, C-series, and those worked really well for consumers (well, prior to the redo where the C1 refered to a C1-01, C1-02, and C1-03 which could all be very different phones). Not sure if that's what Sony is trying to do, but they've already used a shit ton of letters.

JordanKZ

You know what the best thing about the Note 2 is? They dropped that stupid bloody water drop sound for selections that was on the S3...

The Note 2 is exciting, if not predicatble. Still, it has a huge battery and I'd love to see some benchmarks. I'm really hoping Q4 2012/2013 is finally the year we see some battery life improvements because I've had year on year of battery life drops... >_>

zedge

http://i.imgur.com/Nu6TA.jpg[IMG]

[url]http://pocketnow.com/2012/08/29/samsung-galaxy-camera/[/url]

oh my...[/QUOTE]

Oh look.. its Samsung not innovating as usual.. just copying.. rather than spending their time in courtrooms helping to innovate and promote competition...

[spoiler]this is fucking awesome[/spoiler]

AndyD

aka andydumi
TomTom to release Android app, targeting this October

heh, TomTom is the source for Apple's maps nav in iOS6. It be amusing if Android has both Google and TomTom's maps before the iOS gmaps app is approved.

TomTom better have some AWESOME stuff to be able to compete with current offerings on the Play Store. How do you compete with Google Maps, Waze, NavFree and all the others?

I think lane guidance and cameras is a step beyond Google maps. Also speed limit maps. And other downloadable custom maps/POIs. Plus customization like the custom voices and graphics, colors and all. People just like that type of stuff. I know I would like lane guidance and speed limits in gmaps.

I think lane guidance and cameras is a step beyond Google maps. Also speed limit maps. And other downloadable custom maps/POIs. Plus customization like the custom voices and graphics, colors and all. People just like that type of stuff. I know I would like lane guidance and speed limits in gmaps.

how much would you like it though? it's not cheap.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Its normally maps with all the features I mentioned.

The only ongoing subscription thing is usually weather/traffic (due to the data costs). But that's already included in gmapps, and we already pay for that data to verizon/att... So adding lane guidance and cameras and speed limits would not warrant a subscription in my opinion, its more of an added feature than an ongoing cost thing.

it's $50 for TomTom with USA maps on iOS.

Traffic and Speed Cameras are both in-app purchases.

I would pay 30 for a USA map. I will only use it when I don't have data signal in the middle of nowhere. So thats the most I will pay.

Google Maps's custom map features make me completely rely on it.

or you could use NavFree for free... it uses map packs and doesn't require a data connection.

sangreal

really? I still hate my xoom even with jellybean. Mostly just because of the dearth of android tablet apps. I'm not in college though and I find the xoom screen shit for general reading

I probably would be less negative if it could at least play HD video properly like it was sold as being able to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom