• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT2| - Patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.

reKon

Banned
They better not fuck up the battery. I swear to god google...

Btw this is a photoshop, but it doesn't look too bad in white at all:

nexwhite.jpg

gcubed

They better not fuck up the battery. I swear to god google...

Btw this is a photoshop, but it doesn't look too bad in white at all:

[I1MG]http://s10.postimage.org/hv08z2kwp/nexwhite.jpg[/IMG]

the nicest part of the black, at least with the GNex is that when the screen is off the front looks pretty damn awesome.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Assuming they color the front white...they could leave just the back white like the Galaxy Nexus or Nexus S

tino

Banned
What's up with this leak anyway? Aren't leaks usually supposed to be really crappy cell phone shots and really blurry where it's indistinguishable to what we're looking at? Kinda like the Big Foot video lol

"Leaked" by LG engineers.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
http://www.theverge.com/2012/10/11/3487698/lg-nexus-phone-photos-leak

nexus 4 deets and pics

why oh why is 1280 x 768 becoming the new standard?

1280 x 720 was perfect. faaaack.

edit: missed it by that much.

All of these phones basically are 1280 x 720. The extra pixels are just the on screen buttons verses actual physical hardware buttons.

PS: I'm more interested in knowing if all of the Nexus 7 stuff turns out to be true for the Holidays. Stuff like the 16 gig is now only $200 or the cheapie $99 version.

tino

Banned
So the rumoured Samsung galaxy nexus premier or whatever has been debunked, lg nexus will be the only nexus phone this year

http://m.androidcentral.com/samsung-gt-i9260-galaxy-premier-revealed-leaked-shots

LOL you thought Galaxy Nexus will get the SD card. NO! Samsung is giving it minor hardware refresh and selling it as a regular Samsung phone thats why its getting the SD card LOL.

So far we still have tons of other Nexus rumors:

* Samsung high resolution Nexus 10 "iPad 3 killer" (my believability rating: 70%)
* cheap ass $99 Nexus 7 "OEM killer" (my believability rating: 80%)
* LG "Nexus Crippled" Nexus 4 to debut Android 4.2 (my believability rating: 95%)
* HTC 5" 1080p screen "Galaxy Note Killer", most likely not a Nexus. (my believability rating: 40%)

Really we just need 1 or 2 more Nexus devices to match the "5 Nexus devices" rumor for this year.

VanWinkle

All of these phones basically are 1280 x 720. The extra pixels are just the on screen buttons verses actual physical hardware buttons.

PS: I'm more interested in knowing if all of the Nexus 7 stuff turns out to be true for the Holidays. Stuff like the 16 gig is now only $200 or the cheapie $99 version.

Isn't the 768 how many pixels it has horizontally? That wouldn't have anything to do with the on-screen buttons, right?

Kiraly

^ Probably not the final back

Phone looks good, nothing extraordinary but just okay'ish. Would have liked the chrome outline to be matte black or something, but oh well.

The new Samsung Galaxy S III Mini, design is fantastic but the specs are worthless. However, if priced right, this thing will probably be a killer this holiday season. Half of all phones sold here in the Netherlands, are Samsungs.

TheTowel

That white mock up looks great. Might jump ship from the eco. How are LG cameras? The camera and software are the only reason I haven't jumped to cm10 from sense 4.

LG Camera's have never been that hot. I'd call them "Serviceable" at best. Not in the same league as the iphone 5 or even later sensors in sony phones.

Toki767

The new Samsung Galaxy S III Mini, design is fantastic but the specs are worthless. However, if priced right, this thing will probably be a killer this holiday season. Half of all phones sold here in the Netherlands, are Samsungs.

The mini just seems like the Galaxy S II with a new case and an updated OS.

malyce

The horizontal pixel count has nothing to do with the onscreen buttons. 1184x720 = Galaxy Nexus, 1184x768 = LG Nexus, where 96 pixels are taken up by the navigation bar.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Maybe it's a Russian thing. Pictures and video from Russia always seem sort of greyish for somereason.

Just got on Mean Rom for the Evo LTE and I love everything about it...except that it doesn't have Swipe. I've tried Swift Key for like the past two weeks now and although it's probably the best standard keyboard in history, it just isn't as fast or convenient as swipe for me in most cases. Is there a way to get it back? I see they have a beta installer...but only if you have a valid email for it :^(

I don't like the camera button being able to turn the screen on either.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Just got on Mean Rom for the Evo LTE and I love everything about it...except that it doesn't have Swipe. I've tried Swift Key for like the past two weeks now and although it's probably the best standard keyboard in history, it just isn't as fast or convenient as swipe for me in most cases. Is there a way to get it back? I see they have a beta installer...but only if you have a valid email for it :^(

I don't like the camera button being able to turn the screen on either.

Can't you just install swype from their website?

Cudder

Can't wait to get rid of my S3 for this Nexus.

what in the fuck.

anyway, the device looks sexy. The Galaxy Nexus already looked sexy enough. I hope some of the leaks about the specs are false though. At this point I'm just anxious about the next iteration of the OS. Not 4.1.2, but whatever's after that. 5.0.

Jelly Bean really made me very happy about my Galaxy Nexus. With the exception of some apps it runs amazingly smooth. I still have 2 years left on contract before I can upgrade but I really do not feel any sort of phone-envy at all. I can easily see keeping my GN for the next couple years.

<3 my Galaxy Nexus.

reKon

Banned
lol what if camera on this ends up being worse than the Galaxy Nexus? I actually think that the GNex takes pretty good photos with proper lighting.

I don't think anyone can seriously defend this Nexus. Made by LG, "with Google", non replaceable battery and yeah, made by LG.

Not to mention 8 GB of non-expandable storage. The Galaxy Nexus is still going to be Best Nexus unless there are other manufacturers who will be announcing non-shit Nexus phones.

gcubed

lol what if camera on this ends up being worse than the Galaxy Nexus? I actually think that the GNex takes pretty good photos with proper lighting.

the GNex takes great pictures, as long as its mid day on a day without a cloud in the sky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom