• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT2| - Patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure the Nexus 4 will release with more than 8gb of memory. All we've seen so far are prototypes doing the rounds amongst developers, easiest way to save money on these would be shipping them out with less memory. There might be an 8gb variant, but I'm sure they'll offer something with at least 16gb from the start (ala Nexus 7).

Not sure on LTE. Possible carrier release at some point, but I think the model offered directly through Google on the play store will be GSM only. Easy way for Google to keep costs down and offer the phone in all territories (well, minus China)

Cipherr

You serious?

Are you? He is likely right. We really don't know what the camera is going to be, we really don't know if there will be a carrier version with LTE, we really don't know what the sound/audio quality will be like, we really dont know whether there will be a higher GB capacity version.

You, and pretty much you alone are running wild with this leaked info seemingly unaware that things don't always end the way these rumors and prototype versions start. Kind of like its your first time at this rodeo.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Reader Mode in Firefox is pretty boss when I want some distraction free reading.

Chrome you need to step your game up mobile wise!

Are you? He is likely right. We really don't know what the camera is going to be, we really don't know if there will be a carrier version with LTE, we really don't know what the sound/audio quality will be like, we really dont know whether there will be a higher GB capacity version.

You, and pretty much you alone are running wild with this leaked info seemingly unaware that things don't always end the way these rumors and prototype versions start. Kind of like its your first time at this rodeo.

Whatever, fuck you too. I'll let you be the bigger asshole here, I hope you enjoy your victory. For everyone's sakes, I hope there is a Nexus 4 with 64 GB of storage and LTE. I would like it if it were available on Verizon, so I could buy one. But if there isn't, I'll just buy the GNII like I've been planning.

Nicktendo86

The LG Nexus 4 has been more throughly leaked than the iPhone 5 was at this point. We know just about everything about this phone at this point.

Substitute Galaxy S III for Note II then, and remove S-Pen from the list of (+) attributes. The GNII is fundamentally an up-sized GSIII with the S-Pen capability added.
No we don't though, the gnexus prototype was 8gb but released with 16 and 32 options. How do you know there won't be lte options? And I love the sparkly back myself.

Edit: plus there are different prototypes with android 4.1.2 and 4.2 out there, the fucking thing hasn't even been announced yet and you know all there is to know about the phone? Crazy.

Zeppu

Don't you see what's happening?!!?!?

This LG Nexus is driving us all apart!! It's the devil I tell you. STAHP GUISE! DON'T LET IT TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR LIFES!

Like dis if u cryed evrytime xXx

SimleuqiR

Don't you see what's happening?!!?!?

This LG Nexus is driving us all apart!! It's the devil I tell you. STAHP GUISE! DON'T LET IT TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR LIFES!

Like dis if u cryed evrytime xXx

Fragmentation is part of the Android way...even in the community.

xxczx

Whatever, fuck you too. I'll let you be the bigger asshole here, I hope you enjoy your victory. For everyone's sakes, I hope there is a Nexus 4 with 64 GB of storage and LTE. I would like it if it were available on Verizon, so I could buy one. But if there isn't, I'll just buy the GNII like I've been planning.
irpGtBR5zdSoA.gif

Zhutchka

Not sure how ASUS can justify that price for PadFone2 with such a low dpi tablet display and no keyboard. Shame, because the phone looks great, but not $1,000 great. If the tablet was 1080p with a keyboard i'd be very tempted, or if the price was 599-650€.

I'm probably getting the Razr HD or maybe even the Maxx HD this Thursday. Spending a extra $100 on a extra 16 gigs and 30% more battery life is extremely hard to swallow. But I feel like if I'm going to have this thing for the next couple of years, I should get the best one possible. But is anyone thinking about the Razr HD/Maxx HD as well or are you guys holding out for other phones like the Optimus G, Note 2, next Nexus devices, or something else?

yogloo

Something that I realized about the padphone. You can't use a phone case, you have to use it naked. Using a case would be troublesome.

snacknuts

we all knew her
I'm probably getting the Razr HD or maybe even the Maxx HD this Thursday. Spending a extra $100 on a extra 16 gigs and 30% more battery life is extremely hard to swallow. But I feel like if I'm going to have this thing for the next couple of years, I should get the best one possible. But is anyone thinking about the Razr HD/Maxx HD as well or are you guys holding out for other phones like the Optimus G, Note 2, next Nexus devices, or something else?

I had the Razr Maxx and sold it to buy a GNex. This is my first Nexus device and I don't plan on ever going back to anything else. I sure miss the battery on the Maxx, though.

The LG Nexus 4 has been more throughly leaked than the iPhone 5 was at this point. We know just about everything about this phone at this point.

Substitute Galaxy S III for Note II then, and remove S-Pen from the list of (+) attributes. The GNII is fundamentally an up-sized GSIII with the S-Pen capability added.
did you know that the samsung galaxy s3 prototype also had 8gb of storage, for one.

I think there will just be two versions. One that google sells on their play store for cheap, and one carriers will sell. That's if there is a cheap one at all, could all just be prototype stuff.

3phemeral

pics of the padphone 2

2012101410021480615.jpg

2012101410021426394.jpg

2012101410021467499.jpg

more at this link

Ooh, I like it. Sleek. The bezel doesn't bother me as mush as some of the other posters, but perhaps I'd change my mind if the screen were on. Don't really want that ASUS logo right underneath the nav bar. Lip reminds me of the OG droid. Still like it, though, tentatively... :)

are we really going to consider carrier versions a nexus? i mean, especially when looking at the past two year history of the Nexus S 4G and Galaxy Nexus CDMA?

Cipherr

are we really going to consider carrier versions a nexus? i mean, especially when looking at the past two year history of the Nexus S 4G and Galaxy Nexus CDMA?

Well, in that post I was trailing this comment:

I will bet my account that there will be a Nexus 4 with more than 8GB of storage and LTE

Assuming there is an LTE variant, its definitely going to be for a carrier. Google will sell their GSM, but just like last year, there will possibly be a Nexus 4 for one of the carriers. And if they get one, it'll probably be LTE. It would be interesting to see an AT&T Nexus device and whether or not they would screw the updates as badly as Sprint and Verizon did.

I stand by my statement. I will guarantee 100% that there is a model >8GB. LTE, I'm not as confident... maybe 90%.
you pretty much can't release a phone this close to 2013 without LTE unless it's a budget phone. It's almost definite I'd say.

Carriers won't even want it if it doesn't have LTE. And if carriers didn't want it LG wouldn't waste the money making it.

uNyRm.jpeg

The Motorola RAZR i is really nice actually. We've just received stock this week. Beyond some strange icon choices the skin is actually pretty nice. If you are looking for a mid range phone, then you should definitely consider it along with the One S. But this has on screen buttons, and a much less offensive UI. I'm really digging the minimal bezel too. It's more impressive in person than in photos.

Futureman

I know it's not really flashy or anything, but I really love the design. Looks like my Droid X a bit which I really liked. Moto Nexus!

Motorola admitting to what we already know, they want stock android, verizon won't let them do it:

http://www.theverge.com/2012/10/16/3513860/motorola-stock-android-customization-verizon

They seem to have changed their tude, obviously since google bought them:

Going forward, we’re going to try to be as close to the base as we can be, because we think that’s the right thing for users. We think users also want fast upgrades and upgrades for their phones over the long haul, so we’re going to be focus on that as well. It’s a little bit different than what a lot of OEMs are doing and certainly what Motorola did in the past, but going forward that’s going to be our strategy.

Fatalah

My brother motivated me to root and install 2.1.2 on my original Incredible. For a phone 2.5 years old, I'm shocked by this solid performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom