• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT4| I/O Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh I was still on a Nexus last week with lollipop, switched to the Z3 and back to KK, from 2 hours SOT to this:

And really stopped caring about fast updates. Superior skinned OEM battery masterrace.

Weird question but can you please take a screenshot at some point of the battery screen where it shows the signal quality? I have decent-but-not-great signal on a Z3C and seem to get 4 hours of SOT in 21 hours and then I'm dead. Which is good but far from what I've heard about. I dream of your idle time.

thenexus6

So I was waiting to catch the tube earlier and noticed this guy playing yugioh on his Samsung S4 (I think). I looked on the store and its for tablets only any idea how I get this on my Nexus 5?

Piano

Banned
Got a software update to my Turbo last night. The description only listed the addition of simultaneous voice + data (hooray!) but there seem to be other little fixes, too.

The idle drain seems significantly improved and this is a phone I was already only draining to 50% each day. So far I've been off of the charger for 3 hrs with 25 minutes SOT...and my battery is still at 95%. Granted, this is on Wi-Fi but that's pretty damn amazing.

Glancing at XDA it seems I'm not the only one who noticed. Shutter lag also seems improved.

Hey guys, I'll be getting a company phone this week and am deciding whether to transfer my number and incur a termination fee or just use Google Voice until my contract expires.

I have been using Google Voice with the Sprint number integration and I have forgotten how exactly texts work with a Google Voice number.

I'd like to use my company phone as my only phone and not have to give out a new number to friends & family. I know I would still be able to receive calls and text to the old number on the new phone, but would I be able to send calls and texts from the old number on the new phone? Would I need to use the hangouts app to accomplish this? Or would the normal messaging app suffice?

Weird question but can you please take a screenshot at some point of the battery screen where it shows the signal quality? I have decent-but-not-great signal on a Z3C and seem to get 4 hours of SOT in 21 hours and then I'm dead. Which is good but far from what I've heard about. I dream of your idle time.

XokINGI.png

Dont know if this helps, or do you want me to post when I'm at 2-3% again? Screen on time at this point is 1:45h

Btw I have LTE disabled (only have a hspa+ plan), location wifi enabled, and queue background data enabled. Battery saver gets active at 15%. Gps is off (battery saver mode)

Blablurn

I sold my LGG2. And bought a Xiaomi Hongmi Note 4G. I for one welcome our new Chinese overlords. I know the LG is better in terms of specs but that doesnt matter for me. I always wanted a Xiao Mi. And I couldnt resist at the price of 155€.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Here is a Moto X 2014 cyber Monday code. Nobody claim the code before, so lurkers, have at it:

USCM-DSRU-SQ22-RD65-XL5C

Reckoner

Turns out, Amazon returns are easier than what I thought. I am actually considering returning the Moto X once it arrives and ordering the Nexus 6 - even though I already bought a case and screen protectors for the X, but whatever...

Should I go for it?

Also, take these two european Moto Maker codes:

DE: DECM-QNAE-RVRE-PDKP-TZEH
UK: UKCM-MZTW-I9SX-YTTV-PASZ

NotBacon

Eh I was still on a Nexus last week with lollipop, switched to the Z3 and back to KK, from 2 hours SOT to this:

And really stopped caring about fast updates. Superior skinned OEM battery masterrace.

*Nexus 5

You might want to consider revising your statement, considering I can easily hit 5.5 SoT on my Nexus 6.....

Dont know if this helps, or do you want me to post when I'm at 2-3% again? Screen on time at this point is 1:45h

Btw I have LTE disabled (only have a hspa+ plan), location wifi enabled, and queue background data enabled. Battery saver gets active at 15%. Gps is off (battery saver mode)

That's actually just fine, thank you. I don't often see green signal so I guess that explains the difference between them well enough! Appreciate it!

malyce

Got a software update to my Turbo last night. The description only listed the addition of simultaneous voice + data (hooray!) but there seem to be other little fixes, too.

The idle drain seems significantly improved and this is a phone I was already only draining to 50% each day. So far I've been off of the charger for 3 hrs with 25 minutes SOT...and my battery is still at 95%. Granted, this is on Wi-Fi but that's pretty damn amazing.

Glancing at XDA it seems I'm not the only one who noticed. Shutter lag also seems improved.

For a second I thought this said 3 hours and 25 mins of screen time @ 95%. I was contemplating getting my hands on the GSM version of the turbo.

probably better to ask that question in the BB10 OT
Didn't see one, will look again!

y tho?

Friends don't let friends get blackberries and as a fellow gaffer I forbid you to do this. Sorry bud.

If you want to be different, just get a Note Edge.
Lol, I have fond memories of my Bold/Curve and I have never gotten used to not having a physical keyboard. Love the design as well. Note Edge does look neat though!

Didn't see one, will look again!

Lol, I have fond memories of my Bold/Curve and I have never gotten used to not having a physical keyboard. Love the design as well. Note Edge does look neat though!
Don't let nostalgia trip you out. You will regret it. I feel like the one ones using it these days are the die hards who refuse to let it go but it's time. It's beyond time.

tbh the Passport is better than most- not all flagship devices.
#dead

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Because reasons right? The screen and design look great and the hub is better than lollipop's notification system and KK's. BB10's shitty app ecosystem doesn't mean the phone isn't better than most Android devices.

Design look is terrible. The screen's a shitty aspect ratio. The hardware keys take up way to much real estate. There's nothing great about this phone.

I honestly think your nuts, but whatever. It's your opinion. :p

Wreav

Banned
Because reasons right? The screen and design look great and the hub is better than lollipop's notification system and KK's. BB10's shitty app ecosystem doesn't mean the phone isn't better than most Android devices.

I'd tell you to go post your bad taste opinions in the Blackberry thread, but the platform is such shit that there isn't one.

diaspora

I'd tell you to go post your bad taste opinions in the Blackberry thread, but the platform is such shit that there isn't one.

Yeah, clearly marketshare is proof of quality. It's not like the Passport blows my N5 away on messaging and notifications or anything.

Wait.

Design look is terrible. The screen's a shitty aspect ratio. The hardware keys take up way to much real estate. There's nothing great about this phone.

I honestly think your nuts, but whatever. It's your opinion. :p

Barring the apps, it's got a leg up over my Nexus 5 on every conceivable arena. Design is better, battery is better, screen is better, hardware keys are low-key but work beautifully from what I've seen.

BB hardware really isn't anything special. The keyboard is a dying breed for a reason. Evolution has ended that war. Everything else is pretty decent/good from a hardware perspective other than the awful aspect ratio.

But BB10 is a huge problem. It offers nothing. The only thing I could somewhat maybe buy as a plausible distant argument is that the hub is decent but that's ultimately nothing in the scheme of things.

Barring the apps, it's got a leg up over my Nexus 5 on every conceivable arena.
Barring software in general you mean? Are you saying BB10 is anywhere even REMOTELY touching Android (or iOS even)? It's really not.

diaspora

BB hardware really isn't anything special. The keyboard is a dying breed for a reason. Evolution has ended that war. Everything else is pretty decent/good from a hardware perspective other than the awful aspect ratio.

But BB10 is a huge problem. It offers nothing. The only thing I could somewhat maybe buy as a plausible distant argument is that the hub is decent but that's ultimately nothing in the scheme of things.

Barring software in general you mean? Are you saying BB10 is anywhere even REMOTELY touching Android (or iOS even)? It's really not.

The hub alone is reason enough for me to go back. VSCO and EOS Remote compatibility is the only thing holding me back from doing so now. For apps, it runs almost anything that runs on JB. When I listed those two apps- I literally meant it was only those two apps.

diaspora

Comparing a kit kat device to a device than can only do jellybean.

KuGsj.gif

This was in back in 2012 when I had last used BB10. I wouldn't be able to say if it can run KK apps now though tbh it doesn't seem like you know enough about the system to say anything really. If you're going to trash a device know more than... nothing.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Yeah, clearly marketshare is proof of quality. It's not like the Passport blows my N5 away on messaging and notifications or anything.

Wait.

Barring the apps, it's got a leg up over my Nexus 5 on every conceivable arena. Design is better, battery is better, screen is better, hardware keys are low-key but work beautifully from what I've seen.

So who's alt are you cause you gotta be someone's troll account. LoL

diaspora

So who's alt are you cause you gotta be someone's troll account. LoL

I learned about bb10 before opting for a Nexus 5, which is probably more than what you- or most people could probably say. It's not far off from bitching about a console over at gaming-side without knowing much/anything about it. It's a little sad.

kehs

Banned
This was in back in 2012 when I had last used BB10. I wouldn't be able to say if it can run KK apps now though tbh it doesn't seem like you know enough about the system to say anything really. If you're going to trash a device know more than... nothing.

*Looks at calendar*

oh...ok.

This was your response to aj's response to someone thinking about buying a passport today.

tbh the Passport is better than most- not all flagship devices.

kehs

Banned
oh shit, you're not actually going to pretend like this thread is any less delusional are you?

I'll stop pretending as soon as I see a bunch of people buying stock of a dying company to save it thought a grassroot movement(lol), or having people putting up signs inside of stores so that people will "know" about the playbook.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom