• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

Saiyan-Rox

Just had Skype drop a call 3 times while I was browsing twitter....

Fuck this tablet man N9 is a fail. Is there any other android tablet with the same screen size/ratio?

Talon

So what's the difference between the Moto X Style & Play other than battery and front facing flash?
Style's the premium model, Play's the intermediate model. Play has a slower processor and presumably worse camera et al. Pending reviews.

Jesus, tell us the actual price.

Style's the premium model, Play's the intermediate model. Play has a slower processor and presumably worse camera et al. Pending reviews.

Jesus, tell us the actual price.

Any announcement without a price and date is worthless and a waste of everyone's time.

thenexus6

I like all the colour options with the new G, but sure how that grey camera strip changes though? Doesn't seem like its part of the back case.

I wonder where I can buy one in UK.

Style launching September
Play August
G today

Dieter Bohn might have a point regarding the price announcements.

"And again, Motorola is holding off talking about specific prices. I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt here and assume they're just trying to make it work for all three cities. We'll get actual prices later in this event. Right? "

Admodieus

lololol Moto X Style in September.

Rest in Peace.

SPECZ SPECZ SPECZ

I have the 2013 Moto X. It was underpowered when it launched in much the same way, and now, approaching its 2 year mark, it is incredibly sluggish when compared to my friends' Nexus 5's. Also, because I'm on Verizon, I still don't have Lollipop.

I don't even want a 5.5" screen, but I could have lived with it if I was getting a top of the line phone. But it's just too many compromises for me (especially with no finger print reader or wireless charging).

Wreav

Banned
Style sent to die. Note beats it to market at the same screen size with a better SoC and features. iPhone launches around the time of the Style.

Moto taking the L today.

Talon

lol, sounds like the Play isn't even coming to the US.

"The Moto X Play is officially not coming to the US at this time."

Stay losing, Motorola.

Ty4on

I have the 2013 Moto X. It was underpowered when it launched in much the same way, and now, approaching its 2 year mark, it is incredibly sluggish when compared to my friends' Nexus 5's. Also, because I'm on Verizon, I still don't have Lollipop.
Running KitKat might be the main issue, but what is it slow at doing?

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
The 6S has OEMs crapping their pants. I've never seen such a 'see what sticks on the wall' mentality since the intro of the iPhone 4.

thenexus6

Seems like they didn't announce the price because the phones aren't launching right now they can wait and see what the competition is doing and adjust accordingly. However in terms of his conference its a little weird, instead of saying $200-300 cheaper than others just don't mention the price yet.

No

They didn't announce that as far as I can see?

Basically the 2 gig Moto G model we all thought was coming seems to basically be the Moto X Play?

They are the specs

http://www.gsmarena.com/motorola_moto_g_(3rd_gen)-7247.php

lol, sounds like the Play isn't even coming to the US.

"The Moto X Play is officially not coming to the US at this time."

Stay losing, Motorola.

And then he talks up the things American customers like.

""According to the American customer sat index, people love their phones, but hate contracts. They love customizabilty and pure Android, but hate bloat.""

So that's for the Moto X Pure Edition.

Admodieus

Running KitKat might be the main issue, but what is it slow at doing?

It just stutters throughout. Web browsing is the biggest offender as it will often lock up there, but launching apps or trying to do anything when its downloading an update for an app from the Play Store is just futile.

It will also lock up once every few days and have to be hard reset.

Talon

$399 for the Moto X Style. Starting at 16 GB, though. $449 for 32 GB is pretty good.

ONLY direct sales through Best Buy, Amazon, and Motorola. No carriers.

Nope, they'll still sell through Carriers as well. They're just focusing on direct sales at this event.

jY0366Y.jpg

$399
At Best Buy and Amazon.

Is it based on the Play or the Style?

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
It was announced in India earlier today. Check back on the last page.

I meant for the Western Market, but it doesn't seem the Play is coming either?

So basically if you want a Moto Phone without 1 gig of ram your only choice is the Style?

Edit: NVM

Ty4on

It just stutters throughout. Web browsing is the biggest offender as it will often lock up there, but launching apps or trying to do anything when its downloading an update for an app from the Play Store is just futile.

It will also lock up once every few days and have to be hard reset.
Odd, storage performance was good. What apps top battery usage?

Top Bottom