• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

Volotaire

Apart from the worse back, and although I'm disappointed we're not getting the newer render, it's largely the same as the M8. Although this too was a worse looking M7, I still liked parts/most of the M8 design. So I'm still in if I decide to buy a new phone in the summer.

Xisiqomelir

What's the difference between Spigen's rendition and the leak? What are people looking for, front facing speakers?

I am far and away not the mainstream smartphone demographic, especially since I think "flat" is an aesthetic designed by 13-year-olds who just found out how to watercolour correctly, but off the top of my head:

-No massive tracts of camera
-Squarer corners
-Less visible speaker grille
-This:

htc-one-m9-hima.jpg

3phemeral

Can someone talk me out of rooting my phone? I mean, how important is warranty really?

These days it feels like every other app I install have cooler features exclusive to rooted phones. Bleh.

I've only really needed to root my phone prior to 4.4 when it was either lacking in features, I was impatient for updates, or primarily because of poor phone preformance that I thought could be fixed. I have all of my old Android devices (Droid Razor, n8013, galaxy nexus) are rooted and somewhat functioning with custom ROMs but not my current Moto X.

If you're just rooting, I suppose that's fine, but if you're also thinking about custom ROMs, I'd advise against it. In my experience, custom ROMs will only help so much until they're no longer supported and when they're not, you'll be desperately scanning xda for any developer to shower your phone some attention. If you do want to try it, stick with stable ROMs only. It's a cruel and poorly communicated world of you head in that direction.

I'm about to throw my phone out the window. I cannot enable any of the services listed in the accessibility menu. There are apps that are asking for these services to be turned on in this menu but I can't press "ok" to enable the service, I can only press cancel. Google is of no help.

Nexus 4 not rooted.

Edit: it's a big in the app Twilight.
Sounds like you need to Factory Reset. It sucks but if it's that bad then sounds like your only option.

My assumption was right. Sigh. I knew it was too good to be true for the other form factor. The leaked pics this late was just too close for them not to be accurate. Now I don't know what I'm going to do. I need a new phone, but I'm kinda pissed that HTC was so lazy. I'm afraid of going S6 because of carrier bloat and Touch Wiz.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Is it possible that these new leaks could be the rumoured mid-range HTC One M8i?

(yes I'm still holding out hope for the sexy M9)

If that really is the M9.... well I've been watching videos of the Note Edge, and I'm intrigued. As disgusted as I would be with myself, I may jump on the Samsung bandwagon....

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
guys dont worry its not announced yet officially theres still plenty of hope

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
i don't understand
why all the hate ?
this phone look good
i don't have any android phone before , but the htc one look sexy as hell

Compared to the M7, the M8 was a downgrade in the looks department IMO. The fact that they're just rehashing the M8 with different internals is just off-putting. There's really no reason(looks wise) for any M7 or M8 owner to upgrade to this.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Same. Especially if it's the same build quality, faster internals and a better camera, I don't see the issue?

It's boring. HTC is better than rehashing the M8 design, especially when other OEM's are actually catching up (or have surpassed) them design-wise.

Is the Helium app still the best way to transfer app data from one phone to another without rooting either device?

I'm thinking about upgrading to the Note 4 from my Note 2 and since I'm on AT&T I can't root the 4 (at least not yet). There's really only 5 or 6 apps I have that I care about transferring the data on. Most have accounts like Gmail or Evernote, but I want my Kingdom Rush saves and a few other games that don't have cloud saves in addition to basic stuff like call logs and texts.

i don't understand
why all the hate ?
this phone look good

I didn't like how the M8 grew taller than the M7. The rumored leaks looks like it would have addressed that by getting rid of how vertical the phone was. That to me is a big factor. I also didn't like the M8 design compared to the M7 which I love. M7 is borderline approaching too big to me as well. So the leaks looked like it was going to be perfect where as what we got is not. I'm in desperate need of an upgrade since HTC had a faulty camera design in the M7 and I don't mean the Ultra Pixel aspect. I mean the purple look from over heating in low light conditions that makes the camera pretty unusable.

Here's a comparison of height:

htc-one-m8-vs-htc-one-m7-video-comparison-1.jpg

I also hate on screen buttons but there's not much I can do there.

i don't understand
why all the hate ?
this phone look good

have you seen the other render?

if you're the vain type of person that cares more about holding a trophy than using a great mobile handset, would you rather a 3 year old design or this?

This really blows. Samsung smoked HTC in design this year. I may have to hold out for the next Moto X now. Ugh
Exactly. This year was the year was the year HTC made a beautiful looking phone.
i don't understand
why all the hate ?
this phone look good
There's the problem. Opinions I guess because I think it looks ugly, especially compared to the other leaked renders.

L.O.R.D

have you seen the other render?

if you're the vain type of person that cares more about holding a trophy than using a great mobile handset, would you rather a 3 year old design or this?

well , i am using HTC 8X ( windows phone 8 )
i waited 6 month to get the 8.1 update
i am getting sick of it , the only good side of it is how easy of using that phone and the maps

so , any thing from android is good for me ( as long as the screen res not above 1080P )

Toki767

Is anyone else using the Google Calendar monthly calendar widget? I look at the calendar for March and I see March 9 twice, one where it should be and one where March 8 should be.

NotBacon

Holy shit lol at the M9 leaks. I see they're sticking with the lightsaber philosophy...

The most annoying N6 thing for me right now is how when you do a phone call on speaker for the first 3-4 seconds the voice is really low and then ramps up.

Ah forgot about this, I think it might just be in speaker mode though, as I haven't experienced it in a while.

Just had my first really annoying N6 bug. When watching a video in Chrome in full screen and I don't exit before it finishes, I lose the Home/back/task manager buttons. Then if I close the tab, Chrome completely crashes.

That sound more like a Chrome bug. Chrome has been annoying as shit lately.
But when it's not, it's glorious :/

SxP

Well, I thought about switching to HTC because of the Z4 delay, but it seems like I'll just wait it out and get the Z4 when it's finally here. I really dislike the design of the recent HTC phones, so incredibly ugly.

Wreav

Banned
still nothing from VZW about the N6 this week.

This reeks of the day I went to pick my iPhone up, the guy asked if I'd like to see the 2014 X, that they were going on sale that afternoon with no notice.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
probably

but this thread has been lacking in insanity so w/e

edit: upleaks re-hosted the videos, which kinda leads me to believe that the M8.5 is fake

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Who wants to get in the N6 van with Bacon and I

Voror

Love my G3 on AT&T. The lollipop update has been great, and I have no issues. Can't recommend this phone enough on contract for free.

Yeah the G3 is definitely better than those.

stop leading the boy astray. LG G3® Life Is Good™ is the best option (in his case).

Thanks for the advice on this then. Will be a little bit since I guess we won't be upgrading for another two weeks, but at least I know what to go with now.

Top Bottom