• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT7| Now With a Whole New Messaging System

What you mean? I know custom ROMs are becoming a small thing more and more but Paranoid Android was my top ROM to use by a mile.

Also OP just open sourced Oxygen OS....that's pretty big if you think about it.
AOKP was my favorite ROM, then that kinda died and Paranoid became my go to. They were doing so many awesome things before the other ROM teams. AOKP too when it was newer. OnePlus kinda killed Paranoid when they hired away some of the team.

How is the Compact better than the original Z3? What's good about the Flex 2?

Z3 compact and z3 are essentially same phone. Z3 being smaller having less ram and screen. If price difference between two is substantial than z3 is better deal.

Lg flex 2 is much more powerful than z3. It has same processor as 6p which is loved here. Looks are very unique. I find the phone beautiful. Camera is same as g3.

It all comes down to what you need from phone. G4 to z3 to flex all have good and bad points.

FFP2

Z3 compact and z3 are essentially same phone. Z3 being smaller having less ram and screen. If price difference between two is substantial than z3 is better deal.

Lg flex 2 is much more powerful than z3. It has same processor as 6p which is loved here. Looks are very unique. I find the phone beautiful. Camera is same as g3.

It all comes down to what you need from phone. G4 to z3 to flex all have good and bad points.

I'm mainly looking for battery life, above average performance, timely updates (at least N and maybe O) and a really good camera.

I was looking around on Reddit and the G Flex 2 is still having overheating issues apparently and it still only has Lollipop. Also the price seems extremely cheap for the specs it has even if you take overheating into account so I'm a little cautious.

The price difference with the Z3 and Z3C is around 37$. I think my choice is probably going to be between these 2 and the G4 Plus.

Just received an LG V10 as replacement for my old G3 that got boot loop issues after the AT&T MM update. Anybody experienced similar issues with this phone? I read about some instances, so I'm a bit worried my replacement is going to meet a similar fate early on. Hope not though, I'm loving this phone!

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
CkhzyIeUYAADqzU.jpg

scust.png

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Phil Nickinson ✘ ‏@philnickinson 34 seconds ago

Audible growns at the news that Verizon is the initial exclusive launch partner for Moto Z.

Unlocked versions coming in the fall. Welp, dead in the water

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
This shit total fail doge

The camera protrudes like fucking mega bad. The battery is tiny. The modules look worse than even LG's crack at this. No headphone jack. Home button looks worse than the GS7. Verizon exclusive.

It's the "thinnest" smartphone though guys? Guys? Don't you want thin phones? Who cares about ports and battery?

CronoShot

Confirmed on Moto's website. Every Moto Z variant in the US is exclusive to Verizon. Unlocked versions are out in "fall."

RIP.

Also, WTF at that tiny ass battery in the non-Force.

The camera protrudes like fucking mega bad. The battery is tiny. The modules look worse than even LG's crack at this. No headphone jack. Home button looks worse than the GS7. Verizon exclusive.

It's the "thinnest" smartphone though guys? Guys? Don't you want thin phones? Who cares about ports and battery?

That's not a home button though, just a finger print scanner, so much worse.

Volotaire

No. I want THINNERRR!!!

MarkusRJR

Ah fuck, my LG G4 bootlooped. I think I'm out of the warranty period too. How the fuck did LG make a flagship phone that literally dies randomly. It's like the Xbox 360 RROD but my whole life is on my phone...

Any way to get my stuff off the phone (and erase my personal info) before I either recycle or pay to replace my phone?

Moto designs always stunk. The Moto X 2013 had a lot of promise and since then they've gotten uglier and uglier. I think peak ugliness was probably tied at Nexus 6 / Moto X Style

Volotaire

The best part of the conference was the bendable phone and, to a lesser extent, foldable tablet. I can't wait until that tech becomes commercial, and then affordable.

this_guy

The ZTE Axon 7 looks nicer than the new Motos. $450 for top of the line specs and ZTE updates their flagships. Let's see what the new OnePlus looks like.

vwnut13

Ah fuck, my LG G4 bootlooped. I think I'm out of the warranty period too. How the fuck did LG make a flagship phone that literally dies randomly. It's like the Xbox 360 RROD but my whole life is on my phone...

Any way to get my stuff off the phone (and erase my personal info) before I either recycle or pay to replace my phone?

It's not just their flagships that die randomly, it's all of their phones.

I'd assume that it's their software and not their hardware, but it even keeps me from wanting LG Nexus devices.

Top Bottom