• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT8| ConFuchsia say beta is better

Jeffrey

wonder how much it will cost. isn't note generally more pricy than the galaxy edge line?

$950 starting?

Gotta compete with jesus

Groof

Mr.Shrugglesツ;239456139 said:
Sony's next xperia line is gonna be wild with their bezel game.

3cfzbnj.png

please be excited

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
yep 3t was about as small as you can get for 16:9 5.5" phone without compromising on battery or other stuff.

hopefully they offer 'stereo' speaker, maybe 1440p screen, and at minimum keep 3t battery size.

not really sure what else you'd want. stockish android in a iphone body with slimmer bezels and a decent camera for $500? sign me up.

They need a great camera, next level screen, and waterproofing.

Performance on the 3T was already fine. If they aren't gonna go next level with something else why not just get a cheaper phone like the current 3T if performance is already great.

Hasney

ynot really sure what else you'd want. stockish android in a iphone body with slimmer bezels and a decent camera for $500? sign me up.

Ewwwwwwww. I really do hate the design of the iPhone and it's knock off.

You have front facing stereo speakers or s8 levels of bezels. Anything else is settling.

reKon

Banned
It's sad that there's no equivalent of the iPad Pro 10.5. Pixel C was 10.2 inch. I think those are the ideal sizes for me because I think they can be held with one fairly easily without being too big.

My Galaxy Tab Pro S is a good device, but battery life still doesn't match up the iPad Pro or Pixel C and it's very limited in the sense that it has to go into hibernation to save idle battery. Windows still absolutely sucks when it comes to battery management vs iOS and Android.

I can't believe I'm saying this but the iPad Pro 10.5 looks like the most desirable Apple product for me ever because of the hardware specs and multitasking improvements in iOS 11.

Again the main limitation for me with iPads is having to use awful iTunes and the fact that there's no PS4 remote play app. I would jail break that device if I had to if that's what it took to get it.

TTOOLL

It's sad that there's no equivalent of the iPad Pro 10.5. Pixel C was 10.2 inch. I think those are the ideal sizes for me because I think they can be held with one fairly easily without being too big.

My Galaxy Tab Pro S is a good device, but battery life still doesn't match up the iPad Pro or Pixel C and it's very limited in the sense that it has to go into hibernation to save idle battery. Windows still absolutely sucks when it comes to battery management vs iOS and Android.

I can't believe I'm saying this but the iPad Pro 10.5 looks like the most desirable Apple product for me ever because of the hardware specs and multitasking improvements in iOS 11.

Again the main limitation for me with iPads is having to use awful iTunes and the fact that there's no PS4 remote play app. I would jail break that device if I had to if that's what it took to get it.

I don't think you need iTunes nowadays in any sense. That said Apple jumped way ahead in productivity and multitasking with iOS 11 in the PROs. I really want one but the price makes it impossible here.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook

What's your use case though? Like an actual laptop replacement?

Jeffrey

Also we are at the point where pretty much every flagship has the latest snapdragon and 4gb of ram and a decent camera and a decent screen. Any unique bulletpoints is worth paying attention to.

LeleSocho

Banned
Probably Snap835 will become obsolete before the 8GB of ram so it could be seen a bit of a waste but whatever, it sure doesn't hurt.

Saiyan-Rox

The OP forums never change it's just constant crying and idiodicy over there.

Lots of people saying the current AP picture of the OP5 is clearly a photoshop

Jeffrey

i dunno why people bet against Android Police.

AP and NeoGAF are on the very short whitelist in my browser.
People are just in denial.

Don't really see the issue. Op3 borrowed heavily from HTC, and no one want to copy from them anymore.

Bet it's not easy to copy the weird glass back of other modern phones cheaply. Next best thing is iphone!

People are just in denial.

Don't really see the issue. Op3 borrowed heavily from HTC, and no one want to copy from them anymore.

Bet it's not easy to copy the weird glass back of other modern phones cheaply. Next best thing is iphone!

People always hate on the Oneplus designs when they see them, but then like them once the phone actually comes out. Oneplus 5 looks so good :) Iphone 7 was a sexy phone so I don't see the problem.

Jeffrey

People always hate on the Oneplus designs when they see them, but then like them once the phone actually comes out. Oneplus 5 looks so good :) Iphone 7 was a sexy phone so I don't see the problem.
Y'all gonna slap on a case anyways. So as long as the front doesn't look awful like modern HTC it's all good.

Also iphones starting mass production,hold onto your butts.

Y'all gonna slap on a case anyways. So as long as the front doesn't look awful like modern HTC it's all good.

Also iphones starting mass production,hold onto your butts.

Yep, case is a must. If OnePlus goes with 1080p again I'm out but I'm getting conflicting info on the direction they are going with 1080p vs 1440p.

Anyone else using Inbox get the option to undo when tapping delete in the notification now? Wasn't like this earlier today, and there's no update, so I guess it's a server side thing?

Jeffrey

Yep, case is a must. If OnePlus goes with 1080p again I'm out but I'm getting conflicting info on the direction they are going with 1080p vs 1440p.
Would be odd if 8gb ram but 1080p? Weird priorities but it does seem plausible. I bet there will be more finalixrd leaks in the coming weeks.

Would be odd if 8gb ram but 1080p? Weird priorities but it does seem plausible. I bet there will be more finalixrd leaks in the coming weeks.

China loves their 1080p lol The leaked wallpapers for the op5 are 1080p. They might force the 128gb option to get 1440p. I definitely do not want another 1080p pentile AMOLED.

Jeffrey

China loves their 1080p lol The leaked wallpapers for the op5 are 1080p. They might force the 128gb option to get 1440p. I definitely do not want another 1080p pentile AMOLED.

yeah, LCD's are great these days and no burn in, and look great at 1080p even on 6" stuff. if you are gonna go amoled, go 1440p, support vr.

Top Bottom