• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Angry Video Game Nerd

I'm only 2:35 into the Bible Games 3 episode and I can barely contain my laughter. I might have to hold off until I get off work to finish the episode.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I sense some hostility, Mike. Did some commenter say something stupid or something to set him off?

I wish the focus was more on the glitches than on his pseudo schtick.

Angry Video Game Nerd is a good schtick.

I just don't seem to like anything about this guy. His delivery when he's pretending is off and very artificial, and even his name is fucking stupid. What part of his persona or whatever needs to have 'motherfucker' in it. Seems to be riding James' coat tails with the angriness.

I was glad that he left the mothefucker part out of his name in this video, but now he needs to stop raging at nerds calling him out on the comments and just focus on the interesting glitches.

jett

D-Member
lolz at Mike hating on haters, who cares. I enjoy his vids. Only thing he should do is use a separate mic when recording himself.

chiablo

Not an actual AVGN episode, but it's close.

http://cinemassacre.com/2012/02/15/virtual-reality-stuntmaster/

James and Mike try to figure out how to hook up and play the Victor Max Virtual Reality Stuntmaster. Not an actually AVGN episode, but 14 minutes long and pretty funny. I'll tell you right now, they only play the thing for about a minute. It's 13 minutes of trying to figure out how this abomination works.

I really hope they were just playing dumb the whole time. I have a really hard time believing that someone who does video production professionally cannot figure out how to connect a video device to a games console.

Not an actual AVGN episode, but it's close.

http://cinemassacre.com/2012/02/15/virtual-reality-stuntmaster/

James and Mike try to figure out how to hook up and play the Victor Max Virtual Reality Stuntmaster. Not an actually AVGN episode, but 14 minutes long and pretty funny. I'll tell you right now, they only play the thing for about a minute. It's 13 minutes of trying to figure out how this abomination works.

was that video on one of the avgn dvds? i can't watch it here at work, but it sounds really familiar.

Rapstah

I haven't seen it posted in here, but there was also a video, at least on Youtube, where they provided commentary for the Bugs Bunny episode. That might also have been from one of the DVDs. I was kind of bothered by how they didn't seem to realise no one liked the Bugs Bunny fight, but then the DVD it was from might have been old so I don't know.

My favorite AVGN is definitely the Plumbers Don't Wear Ties one. That game's humor was so bad that it actually did become laughably funny.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I really hope they were just playing dumb the whole time. I have a really hard time believing that someone who does video production professionally cannot figure out how to connect a video device to a games console.

The fact that it was compatible only with Model 1 Genesis systems and not Model 2 had a lot to do with the confusion.

Trakdown

He really should've waited to do this as the Nerd. I know it'd be a while till he got around to it, but it would've sold how bad this thing is so much better.

ranmafan

Ha ha ha, I remember those terrible glasses. Got it for Christmas in 94, played it a little for two days, and then got the longest, worst nose bleed of my life, most likely cause of how it rested on my nose. Returned it and used the refund to buy video tapes of the anime Ranma 1/2, which were a million times better than this thing.

That Mike guy is just... ugh. I'm hoping he's a childhood friend of James'. That's the only excuse to have him cackling and repeating what James says every 15 seconds.

alf717

I really don't like that springboard player. All I get are error when trying to play a video. Are these videos on Youtube?

Top Bottom