• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT2| You Can Stack Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Animekatt

My nookling story is being expanded today. I thought Kicks would've been open today, since they had the construction yesterday, but the blue tarp is still up. :(

Firstly, don't worry. You're fine.

Go talk to the front desk on the island, go on tours and collect fruit as you're playing the Tours. You can then plant those back on your island. They'll take a few days to grow though.

I haven't seen any tours that have Palm trees. Any specific one?

Two Coelacanths, a ton of beetles, and Re-tail's premium item being Angelfish; Island/Club Tortimer trips and rainy days are a nice combo. The Gardening store opened up, Gulliver washed ashore (I finally realized that I'm supposed to talk to him a bunch of times in a row to wake him up; the first day, I thought you needed the Megaphone), and I finally got to play the Hammer game at Club Tortimer. It's been quite an eventful day.

After much trouble with the Horned Hercules and Golden Stags during my last Club Tortimer visit, I finally figured out how to reliably catch them this time. It turns out that it's not enough to just get into the stalking motion by holding the A button, you need to move even slower than that. I would move the circle pad only slightly while holding the A button, pretty much inching my way towards the HH or GS to get within range. It worked, by moving even slower than the stalking speed, I was able to catch these tricky bugs without having to worry about them flying away when I'm in range.

Nooklings should announce their upgrade tomorrow, since it'll be 7 days, and I just spent 12,000 on a Black Katana today. And the campsite will open; I'm a bit worried about its location though, since I was also planning to build a bridge nearby. Hopefully I'll still be able to build the bridge around my intended location, or at least close enough to it.

Jintor

This fucking dog. Tells me to show up at 10, I show up at 10:04, the fucker's at a pond fishing. I figure he's called our visit off, run into him later, the bastard's grumbling at me for standing him up. Standing him up? You're the bastard who was out fishing when I turned up to visit!

bbdude

I was just thinking... sometimes I wish I had the old style of inventory management back, where the pointer would snap to each slot instead of acting as a cursor. Maybe in future iterations of the series, they could allow this by holding R or something.

Chuckpebble

Well that was odd, having my birthday at 6AM the second I walked out my front door. Made a wish and blew out the candles. Marcie the kangaroo boxes her kid's ears when she claps. Guess its time to build a child services in my town.

Chuckpebble

I was just thinking... sometimes I wish I had the old style of inventory management back, where the pointer would snap to each slot instead of acting as a cursor. Maybe in future iterations of the series, they could allow this by holding R or something.

I feel ya. I keep wanting to use the D-pad and hit a button to send items to storage, etc. Makes me play with the stylus out and in my hand most times. Which I would theoretically only do if I needed to write lots of letters.

Forkball

Good god, raining again. Is my town in India or something?

And Kicks is STILL not built. It can't be that hard to build a shoe store.

suzu

Good god, raining again. Is my town in India or something?

And Kicks is STILL not built. It can't be that hard to build a shoe store.

My town rains often too.. This morning's a thunder storm. Never seen that before!

My Kicks has been under construction for 3 days now. :/

Oxx

tumblr_moowtqSWaO1rf96tno1_400.jpg

Saharah smells like soup.

ramyeon

My town rains often too.. This morning's a thunder storm. Never seen that before!

My Kicks has been under construction for 3 days now. :/
I wonder if it being rainy season in Japan and the rest of East Asia at the moment has anything to do with the amount of rain? Could be entirely randomised though.

zigg

Dream Address get!

4200-2149-6879

Not that my town is anything special, but I know that I'm not online nearly as often as many of you are. Now you can come visit and even run through my precious flowers (gasp) if you so desire!

Also, come see my house. It is the most atrociously ugly assortment of random crap in the universe but it still managed to earn me a 10k HRA score (at one point) and win the t-shirt. My daughter is raging about this :lol

So this happened this morning. A little disheartening.

tumblr_mooy3qSZRV1qa25kqo1_400.jpg

At least the sun is out now after 4 straight days of rain.

Is there a GAFfer still looking for the thick glasses from Labelle's shop? I know someone said they wanted them but I'm not sure who it was or if they still need them. My shop has them today if that person still wants them.

Tash

I talked to the camel and had her do her magic on my walls and the floor..thinking I would get some arabian/deserty inspired patterns..but this is the floor I got:

BNM_ITSCUAAxCi8.jpg:large

Small fact on the side: I am Swiss...

Oxx

So this happened this morning. A little disheartening.

tumblr_mooy3qSZRV1qa25kqo1_400.jpg

At least the sun is out now after 4 straight days of rain.

Is there a GAFfer still looking for the thick glasses from Labelle's shop? I know someone said they wanted them but I'm not sure who it was or if they still need them. My shop has them today if that person still wants them.

Ha, everyone came-out to welcome my awesome bench:

tumblr_moowrpjBdv1rf96tno1_400.jpg

beta_fuse

Didn't get to play much yesterday and I feel like I missed out on so much. Quickly opened my 3DS before I came to work and saw that it is finally sunny again, AND my convenient store is now open:D

IrishNinja

doesnt rain bring better fish? it did in GC version...
also what's the incentive to sell to nooklings, just help grow their store? recycle gal seems to pay better on most everything

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I talked to the camel and had her do her magic on my walls and the floor..thinking I would get some arabian/deserty inspired patterns..but this is the floor I got:

BNM_ITSCUAAxCi8.jpg:large

Small fact on the side: I am Swiss...

It's like she knew...

also what's the incentive to sell to nooklings, just help grow their store? recycle gal seems to pay better on most everything

Rain brings the best fish: the Coelacanth.

What the hell - a massive black spider came out of no-where and made my character faint....

Tarantula! If your net's out to catch them and they see you they'll rush at you.

No incentive, really. Never sell to them. Just buy their stuff and they'll upgrade just fine.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Sorry, let me give the first and only clarification here -- the "no lewd images" rule that we had to repeatedly repeatedly repeatedly repeatedly warn many of you guys about in the pre-release community-ish threads still applies here. I'll take that as confusion or as a sign that some people here haven't read the pre-release threads.

So, again, to be clear:
People have a reasonable expectation that this thread is family-friendly. Please make it a welcoming environment for everybody. Try to avoid making lewd jokes or posting sexualized images, even as a joke. If you're going to post something borderline, please link it rather than inline it. This isn't about punishing people or knocking heads, it's about encouraging voluntary self-policing.

Thanks

zigg

Fast cash if Re-Tail isn't open yet.

Kind of like those paycheck loan, ah, establishments. You'll get your cash that you desperately need right now, but you'll pay for the privilege.

Timmy & Tommy: more evil than Tom Nook ever was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom