• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT2| You Can Stack Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there like any kind of "tip" to getting better furniture? Or is it just a waiting game? I know it's dependent on style that you want, and doing favors for citizens, etc., but man I just haven't seen anything I like to start considering a theme or a set.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
When visiting another player's town (I'm in Bakphoon's right now), if I see a star hole, is it proper to use the shovel and get the item?

Or are the holes different for each player? Don't want to take anything.

Marbles

I just bought an I.V. drip from Nooks store. AC straight into my veins.

I'll be online later when i get home from work if anyones wanting a visitor??

Also...I think i now have 2 Arwings, if anyone's looking for one drop me a PM and maybe we can do a trade

madp

The Light of El Cantare
You think you guys have bad neighbors? I have freaking Frida Kahlo squirrel:

BNOII2ACUAAegCQ.jpg

I also find that I'm now running dangerously low on storage space. Can you ever get more? It's rained five days in a row in my town and just the gyroids alone are becoming a burden.

Bsigg12

When visiting another player's town (I'm in Bakphoon's right now), if I see a star hole, is it proper to use the shovel and get the item?

Or are the holes different for each player? Don't want to take anything.

I typically don't touch anything without asking. There's always a chance its a fossil they don't have and its kinda messed up to take it from other people's towns.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I typically don't touch anything without asking. There's always a chance its a fossil they don't have and its kinda messed up to take it from other people's towns.

Yeah, I dug it up without even thinking.

Guess I'll drop it then.

Fey

Banned
Sprinkle never ceases to disgust me. Continually asks me if she's still cute, 90% of the fleas I've caught have been on her, and now her reward for delivering something to her was a cherry. Which are my town's native fruit. A single cherry.

Labrys

You think you guys have bad neighbors? I have freaking Frida Kahlo squirrel:

BNOII2ACUAAegCQ.jpg

I also find that I'm now running dangerously low on storage space. Can you ever get more? It's rained five days in a row in my town and just the gyroids alone are becoming a burden.

I hate that squirrel for the sole reason that before the US names were being leaked, someone on the stupid wikia kept changing her name to "Helga", like from that one Nickelodeon show. And they just wouldn't stop, and I kept having to change the name, and rename the page, and then they made another page, and URRGGHHHHHHH

...and that's a tale why I hate 12 year olds on wikis.

SmithnCo

The tours on Club Tortimer are kinda weird. Sometimes it's my exact stuff, and other times the games are different. Luckily I found an island that's offering the scavenger hunt.

zroid

Banned
So is anyone else's villagers calling them "big guy" now? Hamlet started doing it on the first day, and now everyone's been begging me to let them call me that.

They all call me Z-bot, lol

Incidentally that is an actual nickname I have tolerated in my younger days >.<

n8

Unconfirmed Member
Went to a Japanese town for the first time early morning.

tumblr_mopcmcRGGI1sv6499o1_400.jpg

You guys are right. They are crazy.

tumblr_mopcn89mAT1sv6499o1_400.jpg

House is nice though.
tumblr_mopcptHjsT1sv6499o1_400.jpg
tumblr_mopcqjhGS91sv6499o1_400.jpg

tumblr_mopcrz6Hxc1sv6499o1_400.jpg

We spent the time trying to catch a Bee because we meet at my place before and saw me with a bee-stung face. Don’t know how to communicate that there aren't bees online (at least that I know of), but we had a cute time together.

tumblr_mopcvyaNNz1sv6499o1_400.jpg

diaspora

Impossible. Unless you and 3 others have been tearing all over the place there should be no visible wear yet.

If there is though, stop pressing the B button.

AFAIK looking online, constantly loading your town causes deterioration. I haven't been holding B to run most of the time and stopped completely hours after I started the game. Most of my grass is still fine but the brown patches are getting pretty widespread.

Insaniac

Got one of my residents to greet me with Praise the sun! which is probalby the greatest thing ever.

Also my residents wanted to start calling me cupcake. I put a quick end to that

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I'm "youngin" thanks to some jerkass hippo. I guess I kind of like it, actually.

I hate that squirrel for the sole reason that before the US names were being leaked, someone on the stupid wikia kept changing her name to "Helga", like from that one Nickelodeon show. And they just wouldn't stop, and I kept having to change the name, and rename the page, and then they made another page, and URRGGHHHHHHH

...and that's a tale why I hate 12 year olds on wikis.

A twelve-year-old probably doesn't even know what Hey Arnold! is. ._.

you crazy, she has the best catchphrase.

edit: thumbs up for the Date Masamune character PUT YA GUNS ON

The only reason that I haven't surrounded her door with pitfalls yet is because of the catchphrase. I can't believe they actually went with that :lol

The samurai helmet + eyepatch combo was just too perfect for me not to become Masamune.

Keyouta

Turnips are selling in my town @ 497 bells/turnip! I have some room on my friend's list, and will open my gates soon. Quote or pm to let me know if you're interested!

My friend code is 4425 1491-4842

Guys, how do you meet people on the island? I've been there so many times, but there's never anyone else there

People are meeting randoms through club Tortimer or bringing their own guests there. You'll never just walk into the island and find people waiting for you there.

Mr. Robot

this is my first animal crossing, I don't know how to harass them please help me haha

is it really bad to use the mayoral thing to kick people out, the one that isabelle offers?

I haven't done it, but i saw that if you hit them with your net and steal their presents (when another villager asks you to give it to them) they will start to talk about leaving town...

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I'm kinda worried on doing the island trick (that is, cutting the middle trees). What if I miss out a bug that comes specifically on the middle trees for the next months?

Labrys

I'm kinda worried on doing the island trick (that is, cutting the middle trees). What if I miss out a bug that comes specifically on the middle trees for the next months?

It's always summer on the island, so you don't have to worry. And, you can replant the trees using fruit from the tours.

UberTag

Island has no seasonal changes so if you've caught everything off the middle trees and stocked up on their fruit, you're in the clear.

Just make sure you catch the one bug that hangs out on stumps first before digging them up.

mantidor

I don't understand this trick, in my island the middle trees are guaranteed to have bugs, and they respawn by just doing one round on the island, can't say the same for the palms, which rarely have bugs.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
It's always summer on the island, so you don't have to worry. And, you can replant the trees using fruit from the tours.
Island has no seasonal changes so if you've caught everything off the middle trees and stocked up on their fruit, you're in the clear.

Just make sure you catch the one bug that hangs out on stumps first before digging them up.

Ah I see! I was wondering because some wiki states "Island" bugs but has a month.

Maybe I didn't miss out after all - what are the middle tree bugs? I know the rainbow stag, miyama stag, saw stag, that small version of the horned hercules, and some butterflies.

I don't understand this trick, in my island the middle trees are guaranteed to have bugs, and they respawn by just doing one round on the island, can't say the same for the palms, which rarely have bugs.

By removing middle trees, almost all bugs spawn at the palm trees.

Mr. Robot

Guys, how do you meet people on the island? I've been there so many times, but there's never anyone else there

You need to get in the Tortimer club, it is a reward that you can buy for 50 medals at the island, the next time you go to the island it will ask you if you want to go alone or with other people.

SmithnCo

Cutting the middle trees means the more expensive palm bugs spawn more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom