• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT2| You Can Stack Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drager

Banned
I got a sombrero in the accessories shop and a Mario mustache completes it perfectly, imo. Now I need to find some Mexican themed clothing!
BM7UlHhCYAElJ1j.jpg:large

Danneee

I can't for the life of me figure out how to give the residents presents. They want furniture and I wrapped some up nicely but can't send them via the post office. Or do I need to write them a letter and send the gift with that?

Sleepy

Opening gate in ten, Snackbar. Come get Kabuki. Well, and any others on my FL. Only going to be on for 30 min or so. But I will be on later tonight.

Yes, sadly.
Eh, that extra 200k kinda sucks since it'd eat into my public works fund but I really want that Crown. If you are still willing to open up your town I'd like to come and buy it.

noooo :( how do unlocking?
Pay your first Nook loan off after your house is built and Tortimer should visit the next day, talk to him on the dock and then the next day talk to Kapp'n on the dock to go to the island.

Coquette

I can't for the life of me figure out how to give the residents presents. They want furniture and I wrapped some up nicely but can't send them via the post office. Or do I need to write them a letter and send the gift with that?

If they tell you they want something, grab whatever it is, have it in your pockets, and talk to them again. The top prompt should be something like, "I got it!" or "I brought you something!" or something and then you can pick what to give them.

Danneee

If they tell you they want something, grab whatever it is, have it in your pockets, and talk to them again. The top prompt should be something like, "I got it!" or "I brought you something!" or something and then you can pick what to give them.

Ahh, thanks a bunch!

Roto13

Now that I have my catalog, I can see what I can buy back and what I need to keep. I can also sell things without worrying that I'll want them later.

So now I've started decorating my house for reals. Still have some room expansions to do, but they're all there at least at their minimum sizes. I have one room about as done as it's going to be for now. I'm going to do some spring cleaning and see what else I can do with these rooms and then post pictures. :p

Coquette

Is anyone super gungho for the gyroids? Because I'm not. And they're hogging the closet space and I want to sell them unless anyone's interested then I can go look and see which ones I have.

Socreges

Banned
Now that I've got access to the catalogue.... I might as well sell all the furniture I currently don't want? I've been hoarding like crazy, not sure what to do with everything. Any other ideas?

Raptomex

Now that I've got access to the catalogue.... I might as well sell all the furniture I currently don't want? I've been hoarding like crazy, not sure what to do with everything. Any other ideas?
You should sell anything you're not collecting. At least that's what I do. I don't sell Nintendo stuff unless I have doubles. Plus once you unlock the catalog you can just rebuy most of the stuff if you want it.

Roto13

If there's anything you kind of want but it doesn't fit, take it to Cyrus and see what he can do with it. Otherwise, dump everything you can order again from the catalog.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Aargh, how do you get the balloon with a present attached? Damn thing was floating along and I'm running along swiping like a crazy guy with my net but it was too high.

SeZMehK

You should sell anything you're not collecting. At least that's what I do. I don't sell Nintendo stuff unless I have doubles. Plus once you unlock the catalog you can just rebuy most of the stuff if you want it.

You can't buy back gyroids and Nintendo items as far as I know...

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Oh god, don't even bother doing a diving tour. Diving is annoying to begin with, but everything running to the edge where you can't reach is just obnoxious.

Semajer

Does anyone know the best way to get a spider? As in; what trees to shake, the time of day, and whether I need a weather condition active?

I've been trying for hours and not seen a single one.

Socreges

Banned

If there's anything you kind of want but it doesn't fit, take it to Cyrus and see what he can do with it. Otherwise, dump everything you can order again from the catalog.
Gotcha. Thanks.

I'm currently letting all my fruit grow so I know which trees to cut down and which not to. Strange how difficult it is to just leave it there. I've got a few dozen trees with perfect cherries, oranges, pears, peaches... bells, bells, bells....

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Aargh, how do you get the balloon with a present attached? Damn thing was floating along and I'm running along swiping like a crazy guy with my net but it was too high.

You can wait for it to get near a cliff area, assuming it's going in the correct direction. When it gets to that area, it'll descend down as it goes into the beach area, and you can hit it with your net or shovel.

Kyzon

It usually takes me about 5 minutes to take pictures. Anyone know how to fix un-responsive L/R buttons? I usually have to blow in them with compressed air.

Linius

So, who else is going big on turnips this sunday? I think I'm gonna do 2 million this time. That way I'll won't have to farm that island over and over again :p

GAMERG0D

Is anyone super gungho for the gyroids? Because I'm not. And they're hogging the closet space and I want to sell them unless anyone's interested then I can go look and see which ones I have.
I'll buy/trade them off of you. I have tons of stuff and all the (starting) fruit.

SeZMehK

So, who else is going big on turnips this sunday? I think I'm gonna do 2 million this time. That way I'll won't have to farm that island over and over again :p

I'll do that same thing but I won't have space in my storage. My house is going to be full of it lol...

On a side note, I became a Member today. All thanks goes to this game because I'd say a good 90% of my posts are about this game. Woo

Velcro Fly

Went to my local best buy and got my clock no problem. So glad it went smoothly since it's been a nightmare at times doing this for DS pokemon games getting event pokemon.

Linius

I'll do that same thing but I won't have space in my storage. My house is going to be full og it lol...

I have an empty back room to fill with turnips :p

Only downside for me is that I'm at a festival this weekend so I don't have the luxury of looking for someone's town to buy them at the cheapest. Let's hope the turnip price is good and not 110 :p

SeZMehK

I have an empty back room to fill with turnips :p

Only downside for me is that I'm at a festival this weekend so I don't have the luxury of looking for someone's town to buy them at the cheapest. Let's hope the turnip price is good and not 110 :p

I will be setting up my back room with it then block the entrance with a book case. My secret lair!

Raptomex

So yesterday I did a save and continue then got distracted by work and pressed home and closed. When I played again I had to talk to Resetti. Regardless, doing that will unlock the Resetti Base as a public works project.

I wish I could put gyroids in the museum. I'm probably going to have to dedicate an entire room of my house to them. Decorate it with black walls and blood. Only a single chair as furniture.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Flooring seems stupidly rare in this game.

No kidding, although it'll probably get easier once we get the upgrade to Nook-n-Go. If I hadn't gotten a Parquet Floor as a random gift from an animal, I'd still be stuck with the default floor.

Linius

I wish I could put gyroids in the museum. I'm probably going to have to dedicate an entire room of my house to them. Decorate it with black walls and blood. Only a single chair as furniture.

I still haven't found any purpose for them. I have a few of them in the attic. And the rest is in storage. And meanwhile it keeps raining so they keep coming :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom