• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT2| You Can Stack Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Just got the best, and only(?) non-animal villager!

BNOnme0CIAAzCW_.jpg
Reminds me of the zombie pig in my campsite. He creeps me out, no you can not move in zombie pig.

http://animalcrossing.wikia.com/wiki/Cobb

Lexxism

Hi guys. I have a question. I'm doing now a road construction on my town using QR. Whenever I'm changing the designs I have, it will also change what I placed on the ground. Is there a way to avoid this or is that the way it is?

Koomaster

tumblr_mopkz6F5UO1swqxw3o1_500.jpg

BUZZ, BUZZ, BUZZ!

Love this Lion Dance Mask, every time I catch something, makes me look like I'm about to eat it (or devour its soul).

Tunic

I had T&T Mart open in my town today. I have to spend more money and get Kicks opened up too. Has anyone had the museum open up a shop yet? I have the requirement met for the shop to open but Blathers never says anything about it.

Boogiepop

So, when exactly do Cicadas appear? One of my neighbors is asking for one, and I've found them surprisingly elusive throughout the day.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Should I go digital (never done this before on a Nintendo console) or retail :(

Animal Crossing is the kind of game that works really well digitally, but I know I'm eventually just going to stop playing and would love to get like $25 back.

Daedardus

Hi guys. I have a question. I'm doing now a road construction on my town using QR. Whenever I'm changing the designs I have, it will also change what I placed on the ground. Is there a way to avoid this or is that the way it is?

That's the way they work. You actually put a copy of one of your patterns on the ground. Changing a design also changes all the tiles that correspond to it.

weevles

Should I go digital (never done this before on a Nintendo console) or retail :(

If you never intend on selling the game, digital is fine. But I like having the option of selling/trading the game off down the line if I ever get really tired of it.

SmithnCo

Sable is awful. Even though the machine is there you have to get to know her with other characters if you want to use their slots for QR.

Spiderduff

Anyone? I'm suffering.

Honestly, I have found a few and arent too lucky. I tried to sneak up on one and missed. Then it got me a few times. This last time I ran away from it for like 5 minutes finally getting a good distance then turned around only to miss...stupid spider.

Hmm, I've never played an Animal Crossing game before and I'm interested in possibly buying this game. What is game like? Would the basic explanation of the game be that you do stuff? Fish, plant flowers, collect stuff, customize your house, etc.?

That's exactly it. The best part of playing Animal Crossing for the first time is discovering everything as a surprise.

If you decide to jump in, try to stay spoiler free as much as possible.

The game is really something else...

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Is it bad that I'm annoyed it has rained for 3 days straight, since it means I keep getting Gyriods I don't have room for over fossils?

Lissar

Reluctant Member
There is a difference between tarantulas and spiders. Spiders hang down from trees when you shake them, and you have to be quick about getting out your net and trapping them. Tarantulas only appear at night on the ground and will mess you up if you look at them funny.

bumpkin

Is it bad that I'm annoyed it has rained for 3 days straight, since it means I keep getting Gyriods I don't have room for over fossils?
Every time I get a Gyroid, I put it up for sale in Re-Tail's Flea Market. I've managed to sell every one so far (to townsfolk I talked into it, no less)!

Linius

iLioEuvRSoOzQ.JPG

irgTPt6Ij0ss9.JPG

ibbHxnLtHP8oG4.JPG

My rockin' basement is coming along nicely. I expect two more guitars and an amp coming in. Need that expension asap Nook!

ijLZsARbuYTWU.JPG

With Poplemousse.

Crazy Redd finally showed up. I bought a solemn painting from him, and I should've looked up comparison pics, because I'm pretty sure I bought a fake one.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So, how is everyone else making use of their storage space? For me, I have it set up as such.

Tab A) Its where I store House Stuff. Page 1 and 2 with Furniture, 3 empty for more furniture, 4 with Gyriods, 5 with Rugs, 6 with Wall Papers
Tab B) Its where I have been keeping consumables. 1 and 2 have fruit, 3 has Pit Falls, 4 is where I am going to put extra tools, 5 and 6 are for Gems
Tab C) Where I put clothing. Shirts on 1 and 2, Hats on 3, Accessories on 4, Shoes on 5, and I have 6 empty for now (There are socks also, right?)

Crazy Redd finally showed up. I bought a solemn painting from him, and I should've looked up comparison pics, because I'm pretty sure I bought a fake one.

Is the girl in the white dress really tall?

So, how is everyone else making use of their storage space? For me, I have it set up as such.

Tab A) Its where I store House Stuff. Page 1 and 2 with Furniture, 3 empty for more furniture, 4 with Gyriods, 5 with Rugs, 6 with Wall Papers
Tab B) Its where I have been keeping consumables. 1 and 2 have fruit, 3 has Pit Falls, 4 is where I am going to put extra tools, 5 and 6 are for Gems
Tab C) Where I put clothing. Shirts on 1 and 2, Hats on 3, Accessories on 4, Shoes on 5, and I have 6 empty for now (There are socks also, right?)

For me, it's just
A) Everything consumable/ temporary storage / gyroids (used to be, but there were too many so I tossed out most and kept some good ones)
B) Furniture
C) Clothing

Just bought a fishing pole this morning so now I'm just working on getting my building permit lol.

My FC: 0688-5252-7793

I'm in California and my shops seem to close at 10pm (Nooklings) & 11pm (Re-Tail) respectively.

Just had Fuschia move in but she was still asleep when I was playing this morning during my commute.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Some of the stuff can be customized a ton. A simple modern lamp can have the color changed and anything used for its shade. Going to be fun to dig into later.

Is there a limit on how much stuff can be customized a day? Or any website that shows what certain things will look like if Ore is used?

Some of the stuff can be customized a ton. A simple modern lamp can have the color changed and anything used for its shade. Going to be fun to dig into later.

Is there a limit on how much stuff can be customized a day?

Not that I can tell, you just have to wait half an hour each time. So I guess... 48 things a day? :p

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Can I not place the scarecrow i got as a gift outside of my house? :(

Also I just now figured out that the d-pad switches between shovel and fishing pole...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom