• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT2| You Can Stack Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linius

Are any of you guys going for a specific series when it comes to your homes?

My only project at the moment is my music basement room. Don't have access to awesome stuff buy at this moment :(

I think when I can get my hands on it I'm going modern wood for my main room.

Hey everyone!

I feel way behind a lot of you in this game. Some amazing designs and homes and towns you all have! Anyway, I'm just looking for other villages to visit, etc. I have oranges, pears, peaches, cherries, durian, bananas, lemons.

Looking for Apples, Coconuts and any other things I'm missing, maybe trade some furniture, just visit some of your cool towns. Please add me! PM me and I'll add you back. Thanks in advance. This thread goes so fast I understand it might fall on deaf ears....

2062-9153-9968

madp

The Light of El Cantare
What's the most medal-efficient game on the island that isn't the scavenger hunt? I learned the hard way yesterday that the games are apparently randomized from day to day, the other games are frustrating as shit for only a few medals, and it's still not back again today.

Hey everyone!

I feel way behind a lot of you in this game. Some amazing designs and homes and towns you all have! Anyway, I'm just looking for other villages to visit, etc. I have oranges, pears, peaches, cherries, durian, bananas, lemons.

Looking for Apples, Coconuts and any other things I'm missing, maybe trade some furniture, just visit some of your cool towns. Please add me! PM me and I'll add you back. Thanks in advance. This thread goes so fast I understand it might fall on deaf ears....

2062-9153-9968

i have apples and coconuts but you will be able to get them too, just so you know.

i will add you anyway :)

edit: mine is 3823-8506-5164

Linius

Do you need to scan all four QR codes to get pro designs? And does it take four spots from your pattern space? Haven't unlocked the QR machine yet so it might be a dumb question, just curious to how that thing works exactly :p

Gvaz

Banned
Sorry, let me give the first and only clarification here -- the "no lewd images" rule that we had to repeatedly repeatedly repeatedly repeatedly warn many of you guys about in the pre-release community-ish threads still applies here. I'll take that as confusion or as a sign that some people here haven't read the pre-release threads.

So, again, to be clear:
People have a reasonable expectation that this thread is family-friendly. Please make it a welcoming environment for everybody. Try to avoid making lewd jokes or posting sexualized images, even as a joke. If you're going to post something borderline, please link it rather than inline it. This isn't about punishing people or knocking heads, it's about encouraging voluntary self-policing.

Thanks

I don't think I understand what was posted that fits under these rules. Nothing I've seen has crossed those lines for me past what was already in the base game, and I've been reading 90% of the posts in both threads.

Labrys

Do you need to scan all four QR codes to get pro designs? And does it take four spots from your pattern space? Haven't unlocked the QR machine yet so it might be a dumb question, just curious to how that thing works exactly :p

Each code is for the different sides of the clothing, so both arms and the back and front. It takes up one spot and is considered a Pro design.

Yes, you need to scan all four for a clothing item, but they take just one spot.

zroid

Banned
Trying to do Classic for my main room, although I'm not really committing to it that much. I am having them all customized to Violet Brown though, awesome colour.

Currently have: bed, table, vanity, desk, chair, buffet

bumpkin

Whoo! A huge thanks to Bakphoon for letting me come to his humble town of Bakwoods to sell my turnips! Made a hefty chunk of change and gave him roughly 20% for his troubles. :)

Kenai

Are any of you guys going for a specific series when it comes to your homes?

I love the Rococco set, but it's pretty hard to come by (only 2 pieces so far). I have been steadily earning the pirate set too, that's fun stuff. I'll probably also have a "food" room and a gaming room, not sure on the rest.

Roto13

I got a glowing blue dot on the ACNL icon on my home menu, but I can't figure out what it is... :(

I checked the post office and Pelly says I don't got anything (already got the Rainbow Screen). And I checked Happy Home Showcase and it's not a streetpass (because those are green dots). Does anyone know?

Yeah, I noticed this too, and I have no idea what it means.

Is it bad that I'm annoyed it has rained for 3 days straight, since it means I keep getting Gyriods I don't have room for over fossils?

It doesn't mean that. You don't miss out on any fossils when gyroids appear.

So I had my first visit from the fortune teller today. A couple of questions:

Is she just a visitor, or will she be there long-term?
She told me I needed to wear "unisex pants" to have good luck today. Is that an actual named item, or does it mean any pants that could be worn by both genders?

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
So Katrina came today...

BNPIPM8CIAAmDhJ.jpg:large

I can tell she's as insightful as ever.

BNPIWEiCAAATDpm.jpg:large

Aw yeah, poor guy tent! Nookling's had that sick turntable and I got the stupid Pikmin hat from a cookie. (Anyone wanna trade?)

BNPIkvwCUAAJ4Ii.jpg:large

Tommy said this is a Lucky Frog. Any good?

BNPIxAPCIAArnkx.jpg:large

Lissar

Reluctant Member
So I had my first visit from the fortune teller today. A couple of questions:

Is she just a visitor, or will she be there long-term?
She told me I needed to wear "unisex pants" to have good luck today. Is that an actual named item, or does it mean any pants that could be worn by both genders?

If you get your fortune told by her 20 times, you can ask her to stay. She'll set up shop on main street then.

It seems all clothes can be worn by anyone, but I think it just means a certain type of item. Yesterday she told me my lucky item was cute bottoms...

Soulmate

Banned
So, for all football/soccer fans (if anyone is here), I made the shirt of FC Barcelona 2010-Season/away shirt. It's not perfect but looks pretty good in game, in my opinion.

33f9.jpg
13t3.jpg

qnr.jpg

4ypi.jpg

zq1l.jpg

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So, do Katrina prediction mean anything? She told me something about Nookingtons before it opens, and then named a shirt as lucky.

Roto13

So now that I have my catalog, I'm set to start decorating. I sold everything I don't want right now/can't buy again, put a bunch of stuff away, and started most of my rooms from scratch.

tumblr_mopoiwBw1C1qj6bjco1_400.jpg

tumblr_mopoky76vs1qj6bjco1_400.jpg

My main room used to be full of Nintendo and balloon stuff but I put all of that away. I'll do an exhibition of Nintendo stuff when my museum upgrades. I want to have a bunch of asian knick knacks in here but I don't have much yet. I want a new floor, too. (This one's a tent rug or whatever.) That bath mat working as a welcome mat probably won't stay. :p

tumblr_mopon7DOjM1qj6bjco1_400.jpg

Back room. Considered doing future stuff/space/technology/whatever but I don't like the robo set and I don't have much else for it. Might turn it into a kiddy room?

tumblr_mopoprGNxj1qj6bjco1_400.jpg

This is definitely the room I've put the most effort into/has come together the most. Almost all of this furniture has been customized by Cyrus. The Sleek set started off black. The stain glass lamp and the table in the corner were some random colours and Cyrus turned them red for me. :p Apparently making a red lamp causes it to give off red light. Didn't realize that until I set it up. The piggy bank has been mixed with a ruby. :p I want to get a flat screen TV for this room and some more Sleek stuff. Also, I ordered a table for that stain glass lamp but it hasn't come yet.

tumblr_moporh1nab1qj6bjco1_400.jpg

Bug room, if I can get the rest of the set from the bug off contests in July and August. I guess some fruit furniture, too. This room desperately needs to be expanded.

tumblr_mopot93csg1qj6bjco1_400.jpg

I've had a lot of rain so my basement is basically a Gyroid storage room for now. It's raining again today so this room's going to be completely full tomorrow if I don't take a few out of there. That garbage can is there so I can throw garbage away without paying a fee.

tumblr_mopoy6Q6TM1qj6bjco1_400.jpg

tumblr_mopp0cs1jw1qj6bjco1_400.jpg

A few Cabana things, an ugly wallpaper, a couple of drums, and a freaky mask from Gulliver. You can probably tell what kind of theme I'm going for here. Need to find some more Cabana stuff and a new wallpaper.

Kaiden

Neo Member
So I found a book on the ground by my Event Plaza, and it's one of those things where you're supposed to find who lost it and return it yadda yadda...

But I've asked EVERY villager in my town, and none of them say it's theirs. Has anyone had this happen?

Darn this game makes me wanna buy 3ds again... but how fun do you have single player offline? Would I lose much of the fun and gameplay experience?

So I found a book on the ground by my Event Plaza, and it's one of those things where you're supposed to find who lost it and return it yadda yadda...

But I've asked EVERY villager in my town, and none of them say it's theirs. Has anyone had this happen?

Never heard of this before.
I know Isabelle has a book on the game's cover art. If you've tried all the neighbors already, try her?

Linius

Thanks for answering my QR question!

Human Becoming, does that mean there's still real art to buy at your town? I'd love to buy it!

Socreges

Banned
So, for all football/soccer fans (if anyone is here), I made the shirt of FC Barcelona 2010-Season/away shirt. It's not perfect but looks pretty good in game, in my opinion.

33f9.jpg
13t3.jpg

qnr.jpg

4ypi.jpg

zq1l.jpg
Nice. Well done. Will wearing this allow me to store millions of bells on the island without anyone knowing? ;)

Parallacs

Those dumb humanities courses I took in college are finally paying off! I've even seen most of these paintings in real life.

I had no idea they went into this much detail. I bought the first painting I saw last night without looking at it. We'll see...

Linius

33f9.jpg
13t3.jpg

qnr.jpg

4ypi.jpg

zq1l.jpg

May I say you're most welcome in Football Gaf at OT community? A bunch of us is playing AC at the moment ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom