• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT2| You Can Stack Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fortune cookie face me Peach's Parasol today. My fortune cookie luck has taken a turn for the worse (lost yesterday). Not to mention the crappy Mario items (green shell, triple bananas, ? Block)

WHERE'S MY MASTER SWORD? Or my Varia Suit! Or the Arwing? Or the Blue Falcon?

I can trade with my varia suit if you want.
3625 8652 4655.

Got a little fed up with my tightwad citizenry not helping out with my public works projects. Thought I'd let them know how the world works.

BNYIj73CAAA_LYJ.jpg
This implies you are going to time travel long enough for the ground to compress and make imprints of their bones in the rocks. Cheater.

Berordn

So how does Re-Tail work in regards to villagers anyway? I know I can persuade them to buy my stuff if I catch them there, and they'll put their own stuff in it every so often, but will they buy things if I'm not around?

SmithnCo

So how does Re-Tail work in regards to villagers anyway? I know I can persuade them to buy my stuff if I catch them there, and they'll put their own stuff in it every so often, but will they buy things if I'm not around?

I haven't had them buy without me around, yet. I think it's so you can keep items in there for visitors if you want, without your neighbors buying everything.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.

You can usually push them towards the item you want them to buy, and they might show surprise (white lines shooting up and all), then you talk to them and they'll say "whoa, should I buy this?" and you tell them hell yeah you should. Then they'll pay you.

Yes, they will. Reese will say something like "we sold some of your items".

mrklaw

MrArseFace
3351 4146 0394 is my code.

I'm in London.

PM me if you add me please, I need more mates. This game is quite something.

Will add you as soon as my son stops playing.

If I buy another 3DS and a copy of the game (so I can actually get to play it..) I think you can move your save over somehow and be mayor of your own town? But do you get to keep your money/stuff? Does the town still start from scratch?

Iacobellis

Hm... So I got all the signatures for Club LOL, paid off the rest of my loan (second floor), and am now close to having all of the funds for my second Public Works Project. I'd say today has been a very productive day!

It's a shame that I have to wait until the evening to grind for more bells on the island. :(

I'd do it all day if I were able to!

Unlocked the Sphinx project, around 700k bells I believe.

nope

EDIT: I don't know how to say "Apollo" on the megaphone, the game thinks I'm calling a snowman, lmfao.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Anyone moving in better be able to read!

tumblr_mosyw8meD61svkqkfo1_400.jpg

Yes, the designs look crap, but that's because they are only there for layout planning.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
They can. My newest villager plopped his house down right in the middle of my orchard a few days ago. He's an okay guy though.

tumblr_mol9n1RiNy1qa25kqo1_400.jpg

The rest of that area is dense with fruit trees.

Damn. So if you're planting non-native fruit, makes sense to stagger them to avoid potential fruit catastrophes.

I think I regret passing up on stuff like bathroom sinks and washing machines, because now I want to put more effort into designing my home. Mosaic wallpaper would go well in a bathroom. :lol

Gonna split for a bit for Man of Steel and then start designing!

Khaz

Damn. So if you're planting non-native fruit, makes sense to stagger them to avoid potential fruit catastrophes.

iirc Nook says trees, flowers and buried things are moved around when moving in so nothing is lost. I am assuming the same happen when another citizen moves in (I think I remember him saying the same thing for other citizens but I may be wrong). I don't want to live in that perpetual fear of something happening to my trees or flowers because of neighbours moving in.

zroid

Banned
I really hate peacock butterflies

look kinda nice flying around, but when you catch one it's ugly as sin and worthless too :mad:

Just got this game last night, today's the first day of actually playing it. My girlfriend plans on gettting it, but for now it's just me, and I'd love to visit somewhere that I can get the rest of the tools haha.

I added myself to the FC list, but I can't see where to actually find the list itself... So I'm on there! Just unable to use it ha.

jasonng

Got a little fed up with my tightwad citizenry not helping out with my public works projects. Thought I'd let them know how the world works.

BNYIj73CAAA_LYJ.jpg

Hilarious. I feel the same way about my villagers. I could've sworn they've donated, albeit a little, for my first project which was a bridge but after that they wised up and realize I want public works done by the end of the day, no matter the cost. Maybe that first donation was from an anonymous gift from a visitor.

So that would mean that my villagers have been mooching off me ever since I got conned into being a mayor.

Goddammit, fuck these guys.

Korosenai

Finally got this game and looking to add some people in this thread. If you want to add me, here is my FC: 5155-3032-4812

Please pm to let me know if you added me or not. I'll go through the friends list in the op soon as well.

On topic, I just payed the down payment for my house! Now to wait til tomorrow so I can check it out.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
I'd love to visit somewhere that I can get the rest of the tools haha.

Visit Isabelle and exhaust all conversation with her. During the conversation you'll be asked if you want to fish or hunt for bugs. Tell her you want to do which ever tool you don't have yet. Then keep talking with her and she'll eventually give you a watering can.

Axes appear irregularly at the garden shop. You might find someone who will have one for you.

Petrie

Banned
Brand new to the game, haven't played since a few minutes of the DS one, and it's the only one I've played. Couple newbie questions:

What's the deal with turnips and where do I actually buy some? They're 55 bells today.

How do I let people into my town? Do I need to get to a certain point? The gate up north doesnt seem to do anything.

Should I be running out of things to do each day? Seems like all I can do now today is hope more bugs show up. Pissed I ate a perfect pear because i didn't realize moving it over my guy would eat it, not drop it.

FillerB

Brand new to the game, haven't played since a few minutes of the DS one, and it's the only one I've played. Couple newbie questions:

What's the deal with turnips and where do I actually buy some? They're 55 bells today.

How do I let people into my town? Do I need to get to a certain point? The gate up north doesnt seem to do anything.

Should I be running out of things to do each day? Seems like all I can do now today is hope more bugs show up. Pissed I ate a perfect pear because i didn't realize moving it over my guy would eat it, not drop it.

1. Sunday morning you can buy them from a boar wandering around town. Then you can sell them later in the week against a (hopefully) much higher. Sell high, buy low, capitalism ho!

2. If you got each others friendcode registerd, go talk to the monkey at the trainstation to open your gates. The gates north of town are for something else.

3. Yes, it happens. The game is best played everyday in short bursts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom