• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT2| You Can Stack Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brand new to the game, haven't played since a few minutes of the DS one, and it's the only one I've played. Couple newbie questions:

What's the deal with turnips and where do I actually buy some? They're 55 bells today.

How do I let people into my town? Do I need to get to a certain point? The gate up north doesnt seem to do anything.

Should I be running out of things to do each day? Seems like all I can do now today is hope more bugs show up. Pissed I ate a perfect pear because i didn't realize moving it over my guy would eat it, not drop it.

Turnips are sold Sunday from 6 am to noon by Joan the boar. The prices fluctuate throughout the week so buy a bunch on Sunday then scout around for the best price for the week and sell high.

People come into your town when you open your gate. Talk to the monkey in the train station.

Yes. Animal Crossing, after the initial newness and getting things set up, is a very "hour a day" type of game. You can play as long as you want but after another hour or two it will feel very grindy and you'll probably burn out much faster.

Just checking. Thanks for the advice guys.

Can you give me some idea of what "high" or "low" is for turnips?

Turnips are bought for 90-110 Bells each and Re-Tail buys them from as low as 30 Bells each (maybe even lower) to as high as 900-some.

A good selling price is 400-600. Don't hold out for more unless you really want to take a risk.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Brand new to the game, haven't played since a few minutes of the DS one, and it's the only one I've played. Couple newbie questions:

What's the deal with turnips and where do I actually buy some? They're 55 bells today.

How do I let people into my town? Do I need to get to a certain point? The gate up north doesnt seem to do anything.

Should I be running out of things to do each day? Seems like all I can do now today is hope more bugs show up. Pissed I ate a perfect pear because i didn't realize moving it over my guy would eat it, not drop it.

Early on you're a bit limited while things slowly open up,NAND quite a lot of things are 'unlock but will happen tomorrow'. So relax and take it easy

Animekatt

Finally uploaded some more pics to tumblr.

Made my first ever design last night using the design maker website. That site is a Godsend.
tumblr_moszpg8v6U1sv65u4o1_400.jpg

tumblr_moszs0Rpuv1sv65u4o1_400.jpg

tumblr_mot0f6jFIC1sv65u4o1_400.jpg

Finished my Diplodocus collection
tumblr_mot0nur4BR1sv65u4o1_400.jpg

My house thus far:
tumblr_mot0cxKEwp1sv65u4o1_400.jpg

tumblr_mosypqfxrT1sv65u4o1_400.jpg

tumblr_mosysmdqZf1sv65u4o1_400.jpg

tumblr_mosz73fsFl1sv65u4o1_400.jpg

Tommy and Kimberly are back together!
tumblr_moszcwdIHm1sv65u4o1_400.jpg

Petrie

Banned
Alright, last dumb question: where does one download new content?

Brand new to the game and the 3DS so I apologize. I'll hit google for further annoying questions.

Lissar

Reluctant Member

Brand new to the game and the 3DS so I apologize. I'll hit google for further annoying questions.

Go to the post office and ask her about a present. She'll check for any available DLC.

Don't worry about questions. I don't think anyone minds answering. We were all new once.

Garland7G

try the post office, once in a while they will have a present for you, so far I've only gotten one.

edit: beat

NOTE: Don't try picking up a wilted flower. You will pluck it as if it was a weed, and it will disappear forever

Swear I've lost an orange pansy :( Might switch to a Beautiful Ordinance at some point. On Night Owl at the moment, but when Nooks upgrades it'll be open until 12am, I don't need much later than that to be honest.

Should I time travel forward one day? It feels like I'm waiting forever for Tortimer to come and I really want to get started on building my town! Also have a new villager moving in

Should I time travel forward one day? It feels like I'm waiting forever for Tortimer to come and I really want to get started on building my town! Also have a new villager moving in

I would say no, but I did exactly the same thing today because I had to wait a day for a project to be cancelled, which I found ridiculous... I almost immediately regretted it though.

Diablos54

First Night
tumblr_mosz6heQmg1sx1fj7o1_400.jpg

First Day Fishing
tumblr_moszaeCz6T1sx1fj7o1_400.jpg

Full House!
tumblr_moszclFUpc1sx1fj7o1_400.jpg

Now's it's tidy, but plain...
tumblr_moszeyAycJ1sx1fj7o1_400.jpg

My First Shark!
tumblr_moszh4SupA1sx1fj7o1_400.jpg

All New Look
tumblr_moszkaUWpN1sx1fj7o1_400.jpg

Finally Have A Bed!
tumblr_moszlvGEHp1sx1fj7o1_400.jpg

Fish Update
tumblr_moszq2Ujb11sx1fj7o1_400.jpg

BUGS!
tumblr_moszslsNcL1sx1fj7o1_400.jpg

House From The Future
tumblr_moszvePfdH1sx1fj7o1_400.jpg

Even More Fish
tumblr_mot00iVzmL1sx1fj7o1_400.jpg

Summer Time!
tumblr_mot03faP6A1sx1fj7o1_400.jpg

Finally Have An Axe!
tumblr_mot06xqMrm1sx1fj7o1_400.jpg

Bye Bye Tree
tumblr_mot08amRh71sx1fj7o1_400.jpg

Bigger House!
tumblr_mot0a8mr0Q1sx1fj7o1_400.jpg

I would say no, but I did exactly the same thing today because I had to wait a day for a project to be cancelled, which I found ridiculous... I almost immediately regretted it though.

Hhhm...ok. I see why you might regret it. Would it mes up my progress of getting the QR machine, and the other waiting lists?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Hhhm...ok. I see why you might regret it. Would it mes up my progress of getting the QR machine, and the other waiting lists?

You're always waiting until tomorrow for things here and there. Start jumping around this early and you'll always be fidgeting

Oxx

I'm looking forward to the turnip circus starting-up again tomorrow.

I wasn't sure what I was doing this week so I only bought the bare minimum (and then tried to plant them).

This time I'm going to splash-out.

MicH

I'm looking forward to the turnip circus starting-up again tomorrow.

I wasn't sure what I was doing this week so I only bought the bare minimum (and then tried to plant them).

This time I'm going to splash-out.
Yep, I'm investing a million in turnips :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom