• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT3| Crossdressing Animals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Animekatt

I got one of those whites once too. I wasn't confident it was what I was looking for, so I moved it to the general plots. But yeah, you are on the right track with the red, definitely. I have four now again... waiting waiting waiting...

Ok, good to know!

So you can spawn hybrids on the beach? Cool.

I think I'll have to move my flowers down there now. Currently, they are just all over the place.

Yeah you should. I saw the convo between spindashing and zigg on here about breeding flowers on the beach. Zigg even posted a very helpful link at some point.

Good job! Move that red elsewhere and save it for another red+ to pair it up with. Hope for a blue... Poor Zigg... waiting fucking forever.

K, I moved it. I wasn't expecting to get a red+ this soon, since I only planted them about 3-4 days ago.

Hey, I just noticed the JL. In past games, JLs were not proven to do anything special, though the notion that they help hybridization is an oft-repeated thing. Interesting that you got two spawns near it…

It's a good idea for higher-level breeding, because then you can eliminate the variable of villager plantings.

Philia was telling me that the JL didn't really matter in breeding when I asked yesterday. I was supposed to then put it in my hair, but I forgot to. XD

zigg

Philia was telling me that the JL didn't really matter in breeding when I asked yesterday. I was supposed to then put it in my hair, but I forgot to. XD
Yeah, she and I discussed that a few days ago. In WW, extensive hybrid research was done, and JLs did not have any effect on hybridization. But I still can't help but be curious, even if it's almost certainly just chance at play :)

Gaf, I have a sad, shameful tale to tell about my pet fish, Boney. We were the best of friends, Boney and me. I always said good morning to him and told him my best jokes. Oh, how we'd laugh together! Until one day I did a bad, bad thing to poor Boney...

tumblr_mpruc3j86d1qa25kqo1_400.jpg
tumblr_mpruc3j86d1qa25kqo3_400.jpg

tumblr_mpruc3j86d1qa25kqo2_400.jpg
tumblr_mpruc3j86d1qa25kqo4_400.jpg

tumblr_mpruc3j86d1qa25kqo6_400.jpg

What have I done?

Animekatt

Yeah, she and I discussed that a few days ago. In WW, extensive hybrid research was done, and JLs did not have any effect on hybridization. But I still can't help but be curious, even if it's almost certainly just chance at play :)

I'll keep it there for a bit longer. I guess I can test it out further, although it probably is just the water. Oh I need to add you to my og 3DS Zigg. :)

Gaf, I have a sad, shameful tale to tell about my pet fish, Boney. We were the best of friends, Boney and me. I always said good morning to him and told him my best jokes. Oh, how we'd laugh together! Until one day I did a bad, bad thing to poor Boney...

tumblr_mpruc3j86d1qa25kqo1_400.jpg
tumblr_mpruc3j86d1qa25kqo3_400.jpg

tumblr_mpruc3j86d1qa25kqo2_400.jpg
tumblr_mpruc3j86d1qa25kqo4_400.jpg

tumblr_mpruc3j86d1qa25kqo6_400.jpg

What have I done?

I say good riddance. That's one ugly fish! :p

Philia

What have I done?

LMAO, poor Boney. :) Had a good laugh out of that! I like having aquariums in my house too. :3 Once I finish that silly HHA thing, I'll have a dedicated room full of fishies. :3

Man everyone got great emotes so far. I still don't have a positive or happy kind of emote yet! :(

I only got Sorrow, Inspiration, Sighing, Sleepy, Mischief, Heartbroken, Bashful, Worry, Mistaken, Sheepishness, and Cold Chill.

I also tried to give Shrunk a Rotten Peach but that option didn't show. He'll take chocolate coins AND a bamboo shoot apparently. o_O

zigg

Haha, that's awesome. I tweeted it :)

Oh I need to add you to my og 3DS Zigg. :)
You're rocking two systems?

I also tried to give Shrunk a Rotten Peach but that option didn't show. He'll take chocolate coins AND a bamboo shoot apparently. o_O
Nooooo that was today's experiment.

*trashes rotten peaches*

I do have the coffee ready to go though. :D

zigg

What about red roses that spawn from a red/purple pair?
Flower genetics suggest it's possible (presumably if the red has some yellow genes in its past, which I believe are necessary), but orange x purple has the most positive reports and is probably the best start.

Considering it can take three months to get a blue even if you're doing it the orange x purple way, I like to go with the proven path :)

also what's the point of hybrid flowers? should i bother with them?
The same question could be asked about almost everything about the game, lol.

But, to answer this question, you can if you want to. Hybridization only exists to provide your town with different and often times rarer flower colors.

Animekatt

LMAO, poor Boney. :) Had a good laugh out of that! I like having aquariums in my house too. :3 Once I finish that silly HHA thing, I'll have a dedicated room full of fishies. :3

Man everyone got great emotes so far. I still don't have a positive or happy kind of emote yet! :(

I only got Sorrow, Inspiration, Sighing, Sleepy, Mischief, Heartbroken, Bashful, Worry, Mistaken, Sheepishness, and Cold Chill.

Shame on you for trying to give Shrunk food poisoning. :p

I rarely get positive emotes too. I guess he wants to see me be sad/angry all the time.

I have:
Distress, Mistaken, Disbelief, Sorrow, Greetings, Shyness, Outrage, Pride, Daydreaming, Aggravation, Surprise, and Sheepishness (in order of receiving them).

You're rocking two systems?

Yeah, I had to go back to the OG when my XL's touchscreen went kaput. It arrived at the Nintendo repair center yesterday, so I hope to have that back in a week or two.

Flower genetics suggest it's possible (presumably if the red has some yellow genes in its past, which I believe are necessary), but orange x purple has the most positive reports and is probably the best start.

Considering it can take three months to get a blue even if you're doing it the orange x purple way, I like to go with the proven path :)
I forgot how hardcore horticulture is in this series.

Mekere

Don't tell me, I just changed all my town layout to start a scientific approach to hybridation. So long my perfect town status, I would have had you for but a day..

That being said, I'm in dire need of flowers seeds, so if you have some unused one in your shops, I would gladly take them!

Insaniac

hey guys reading the thread about the guys save data getting corrupted got me worried about transferring to a larger SD card, but i saw SalsaShark post about how people in this thread have successfully transferred their AC to a new SD card and was wondering if anyone could shed some light on this. I want to make sure I know what I'm getting into before I screw anything up

Don't tell me, I just changed all my town layout to start a scientific approach to hybridation. So long my perfect town status, I would have had you for but a day..

That being said, I'm in dire need of flowers seeds, so if you have some unused one in your shops, I would gladly take them!

You need flower seeds or just flowers? If it's the latter, you can steal as many as you want from some of the island mini games. 1000 bells (for the trip) will get you a full basket to cart back. Just choose the open games as opposed to something like the labyrinth.

Haha, that's awesome. I tweeted it :)

I'm a monster. :p

I say good riddance. That's one ugly fish! :p

No, Katt, he's gorgeous! Ugly-gorgeous but gorgeous. I'll have to find another one. He adds so much...personality...to a room.

Bianca moving out of my town sometime soon, within a day or two if I remember correctly. She tried to stay one last time, saying she didn't want to clean her house out. I told her "good luck with that" (lol) and walked away. Next time I saw her, she wanted me to build a police station to protect her. Thanks for that!

Also, when someone moves out of town, does their house stay and someone new will move in there or does the house disappear and whoever moves into my town next builds their own house in a new location?

MicH

Oh no, Rodney is sick! Awwwww

Well his face just look like he has a constant head cold, so I should probably have sen it coming, lol

Philia

I got my silver watering can, so I'm not buying anymore dang seeds anymore. Feel free to come by! :) Opening gates for you. Pardon the mess... I had to bring my masses of perfect peach to Koren's town...

His town had a Bell boom ordinance and his retail was offering a bonus on perfect peach. And I had 134 trees of them... :D :D :D I've made 2.5 million! He got his 10% tip! I swear this is a better investment than turnips once I get my gold axe.

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
I only need 4 more fossils:

Mammoth Body/Torso
Fossilised Fern
Peking Man
Diplo Neck

Can anyone help me out? I can even buy some!

I've also got a petition I need signed if I could visit, I have plenty of fossils to trade and a few KK Songs if you want them cataloged. Also a Silver Net & Shovel.

PM for details on items.

NewGame

Banned
Two reds spawned from an orange/purple pair can eventually make a blue rose.

Is this just for roses? I've got blue pansies from normal white pansies I picked at the island.

I am also recalling getting a blue rose from my white rose patch. (Though mostly purple)

I will have to test this out myself.

WEGGLES

Eughhh. I forgot to buy Turnips this sunday. Now they're being bought for 373 a piece. Every time I HAVE bought turnips I've taken a loss... ughhhhhh

I think we can all agree on the saying:
Once you go
silver
, there's no going back.

That's what I thought when I recieved my watering can upgrade today

I know gold tools are better than silver, but it will be a long while before I earn any of them..

Philia

I think we can all agree on the saying:
Once you go
silver
, there's no going back.

That's what I thought when I recieved my watering can upgrade today

I know gold tools are better than silver, but it will be a long while before I earn any of them..

LOL you're not kidding. I think I'll give away my silver watering can to someone who needs it.

While we're on topic of silver... why is silver ore customized furniture look SO ugly? :( Its not even silver looking... its just... ugh.

Nugg

Gaaah I've had this game since day one, I take my 3DS everywhere with me (and I'm outside a lot for my job), and I still haven't streetpassed anyone! This is so frustrating! We don't even have Reggie's house here!

I want to visit houses! Europe sucks :(

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I only need the Polka-dot stool. If anyone has it (or can order it) I would really appreciate it and try to get what you need :D

Also need the Modern bed and chair if anyone has that

Have modern bed if you still need it. Would need to order though

Chopper

LOL I hear you. You know how we can get like 4 or 6 new flowers a day? That's what I do. Focus on 4 to 6 plots. :)
I've really been focusing solely on my patch of red* roses and my purple/orange patch. In fact, those are literally the only flowers I've watered this week. But then, this morning I yielded nothing from those and got a random black rose and pink tulip elsewhere in my town. I guess they were probably a result of my sneaky neighbours and their water contributions.

What are you guys saying about red* pansies? I thought purple pansies came from orange on orange action?

zroid

Banned

Boney will be happier with the alpacas anyway.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I still need it. Anything I can get you in return?9

Any of the following to catalog would be good

Blue: need
- Blue Wall shelf
- Blue Cabinet
- Blue Bench
- Blue Bed
- Blue Wall

Polka-dot: need
- dotted wall