• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT3| Crossdressing Animals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfe

Currently have two T-Rex skulls and two T-Rex tails (one of each donated, one in locker), and zero T-Rex torsos. It's times like these when I'm almost tempted to partake in fossil trading. :U

Almost

I have a spare torso if you'd like it.

Atlantis

Wtf, I caught a tarantula real easy just now?

All I did was approach it with my net. I wasn't even walking totally slow. It froze.

I just man charged it, same with the scorpion.

Completed funding my first Public Works Project, nabbed the Scorpion, and got a nice new T-Shirt. Life's good. :p

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
lol I just ran halfway across town to avoid getting attacked by a tarantula (didn't have my net). Didn't realize they'd go on the stones around your train station :p

Ellix

Wtf, I caught a tarantula real easy just now?

All I did was approach it with my net. I wasn't even walking totally slow. It froze.

I think the biggest deciding point for tarantulas and scorpions is whether you notice it before it notices you. If it's just pacing around then it's a matter of walking up from behind/the side. I would not recommend using the sneaking speed on a scorpion or tarantula <__>

Wolfe

Funny, I caught my second Tarantula a few minutes ago. Had my net out and was just cruising around but stopped immediately when I saw it, thing is he saw me too but I was far enough away that he went back to doing his thing after a few seconds.

Scorpion on the other hand, I'm still 0 and 1 :(

Today was a good day.

-Built a windmill.
-Donated a painting.
-Finished emeraldizing my complete green furniture series.
-Created a pachysaurus mini-fossil.
-Obtained Mr. Resetti's photograph.
-Got the police station suggested by Goldie! Immediately set-up and funded.
-Organized my house for maximum HHA points for Rustic theme.

There is just so much to do in this game. I'm actually lucky everything takes a day to go through. It prolongs the game for me! At the same time, though, it's a bit unfortunate that I run out of things to do after the shops close, though.

Garland7G

So one of my villagers suggested a Sphinx as a PWP, I want to build it but I'm not sure if its one of the projects that lowers your town rating. Does anyone know or have that list handy?

Lasdrub

I was getting nervous. My turnip prices dropped to 63 this morning after dropping the whole week. I thought I might have the decreasing pattern. It jumped to 117 this afternoon. Tomorrow should be exciting.

Also, I'm a terrible mayor. I am not speaking to three different animals to try to get them to move.

Do you have Night Owl Ordinance?

No, I went for Beautiful Town. I didn't want to have to worry about my flowers and hooking trash in the ocean. I would have selected Night Owl, but I didn't like how the stores and neighbors became active later in the day. I only just started my adventure; my Beautiful Town ordinance goes into effect tomorrow.

I can't wait to build more around the town, though. I only just paid off my bench in full today. Should it be completely built tomorrow?

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
No, I went for Beautiful Town. I didn't want to have to worry about my flowers and hooking trash in the ocean. I would have selected Night Owl, but I didn't like how the stores and neighbors became active later in the day. I only just started my adventure; my Beautiful Town ordinance goes into effect tomorrow.

I can't wait to build more around the town, though. I only just paid off my bench in full today. Should it be completely built tomorrow?

Just in case you aren't fully informed, catching trash is pretty much a complete non-issue.

It's pretty uncommon and it's as easy as selling it like all your other stuff and only costs you like 80 bells.

Darth_Caedus

No longer canonical

I guess so lol. I have not really done my mayor duties lol

Just in case you aren't fully informed, catching trash is pretty much a complete non-issue.

It's pretty uncommon and it's as easy as selling it like all your other stuff and only costs you like 80 bells.

Yeah, I realized it was more for convenience than anything else. I chose Beautiful Town because it seemed to be the most positives with the fewest negatives. However, I suppose I should reconsider.

Acid08

Banned
Is there anything special you have to do to get villagers to suggest public works projects? I've only had one so far, the wind turbine.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Yeah, I realized it was more for convenience than anything else. I chose Beautiful Town because it seemed to be the most positives with the fewest negatives. However, I suppose I should reconsider.

It entirely depends on your playstyle. For some people it's a great ordinance.

I use the bell boom ordinance because even though my net gain = 0, because everything costs more that means I get upgrades to shops and such quicker which is a sweet little perk.

If you don't have any issue with the times the shops are open, then bell boom or beautiful town are both completely viable options.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Is there anything special you have to do to get villagers to suggest public works projects? I've only had one so far, the wind turbine.

What I've heard -

Fill your inventory with money bags (this ensures that any interaction with a villager won't be a trade or them trying to buy from you)

Go somewhere they won't see you for like ten minutes. A lot of people go swimming since villagers are never there.

When you see a villager next, they should suggest a project.

Wolfe

3823-8595-4744, I'm gonna be off and on afk though, feel free to look around if you like/take fruit or whatever.

What I've heard -

Fill your inventory with money bags (this ensures that any interaction with a villager won't be a trade or them trying to buy from you)

Go somewhere they won't see you for like ten minutes. A lot of people go swimming since villagers are never there.

When you see a villager next, they should suggest a project.

ok, I'd never done the pocket filling part before, and first try nets me a suggestion. Awesome. now to go see what a parabolic antenna looks like

BowieZ

Banned
Hmm. Picked up my first tricky pitfall seed at the lost property bench.

I kinda think someone deliberately lost it. So useless.

Tiktaalik

Really weird thing happened:

I bought the quaint painting from Redd and I went to donate it to the museum and Blathers said I didn't have anything I could donate?! If it's fake won't he accept it and then say it's fake or something? I'm also preeetty sure it's not fake.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Hmm. Picked up my first tricky pitfall seed at the lost property bench.

I kinda think someone deliberately lost it. So useless.

They're fun if you have multiple saves on one game, bury it in front of someone's mailbox then post them a bunch of letters

Garland7G

Really weird thing happened:

I bought the quaint painting from Redd and I went to donate it to the museum and Blathers said I didn't have anything I could donate?! If it's fake won't he accept it and then say it's fake or something? I'm also preeetty sure it's not fake.

maybe you already donated that painting in the past?

Tiktaalik

maybe you already donated that painting in the past?

Oh yeah I should have mentioned that because that's the most obvious thing. I checked and I hadn't. I've only donated two paintings so it was really easy to check.

It could be a bug or something. I've quit the game so I'll try again tomorrow I guess.

Salsa

Diplo Skull anyone?

mlevf.gif

Koren

The public project that does not show up anymore are probably projects that you can build only once and can't be removed like the police station.
Rumors said that you can have 2 suggestions in a day but be already glad to have one, please. It took me more than 5 hours of gameplay to have one suggestion today!!
To be more precise, I was reporting a question I've been asked and for which I don't have any answer (I'm interested in it, though, and I have to investigate).

One of my friend built a tower (the one that looks like the Tokyo Tower). He would like to place it elsewhere, because of animal houses placement, but the tower isn't in the project list anymore. He's a bit afraid of demolishing it (I'm pretty sure you can) and not being able to build it anymore...

Wolfe

To be more precise, I was reporting a question I've been asked and for which I don't have any answer (I'm interested in it, though, and I have to investigate).

One of my friend built a tower (the one that looks like the Tokyo Tower). He would like to place it elsewhere, because of animal houses placement, but the tower isn't in the project list anymore. He's a bit afraid of demolishing it (I'm pretty sure you can) and not being able to build it anymore...

I would imagine once demolished he would just have to have it recommended again, which obviously requires that specific personality.

I could be wrong though /shrug.

Edit: or maybe what Bowie said.

Koren

Demolish it, try rebuild, don't save in the process, then greet Resetti if you done goofed?
That's a solution, even if, since you can't demolish and build on the same day, you have to do this circa 6 am or let the game run all the night. And I'm wondering if there isn't a mandatory save somewhere in this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom