• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frogstep

Yeah, one five minute trip to the island and I was done.

But now I'm scared that I'm missing a fish that I won't be able to easily get.

I should consider myself lucky that the guppy is only an extra month after what was supposed to be my last catch. :X

backlot

So is there anyone here still trying to finish the art section of their museum? I've got a bunch of duplicate paintings if anyone is interested in an art swap.

milkham

Definitely use the sign out front instead of going in and going through the exhibits. :p

WHAT OMG

So is there anyone here still trying to finish the art section of their museum? I've got a bunch of duplicate paintings if anyone is interested in an art swap.

I got all my paintings, but need statues
animal sculpture, beautiful sculpture, great sculpture, robust sculpture.
I think i have an extra painting laying around on the floor though. what do you need?

Roto13

I should look into this tomorrow. I'm missing like half the gallery and I have a few duplicates to trade. (But I need sleep now.)

backlot

I'll get a list of what paintings I have and what I need tomorrow too. I know I'm missing most of the statues though. Too bad there isn't an easier way to get them.

Frogstep

AC Gaf was definitely a big help in contributing to my art exhibit. It was pretty sad in there every time I checked inside. Even sadder when I would see a villager in there lol.

I'm a lot closer to finishing it now. I'll post some doubles I have as well as what I'm still missing tomorrow. :)

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Don't forget to hit up your smug, uchi, and cranky villagers for paintings :)

Sucks that you can't get statues from them though :/

Elija2

I'm pretty sure I'm only missing one piece of art and it's not even a statue. I really should be harassing my villagers for paintings.

MicH

I remember finding out in August that I forgot to donate a Firefly. Which are only found in June. Luckily my second town was ate to June :p

Accidentally made a perfect Snowboy instead of a Snowman today. I guess bingo will have to wait another day. If someone wants to come over and activate my previous Snowman, let me know.

Got a Snow Matryoshka from Snowtyke in the mail today. Very nice. Also, Chief finally finished unpacking today and he has already invited me to his Bitrthday party tomorrow. Looks like I got him just in time!

And weirdly enough, my mom sent me a perfect orange in the nail. Huh

Niraj

i have 3 crankies, one smug and one uchi, grinding for paintings was mind numbing

Never really had an issue, but I haven't done it in months. I'm guessing I got around 50 from Lionel alone, which is probably lowballing it, but that def seems to be an anomaly. It's probably worse now since they have all the toy day conversation options as well.

And weirdly enough, my mom sent me a perfect orange in the nail. Huh

Same here the other day. I had no idea that they looked like that.

So I'm not getting much interest from my threads on reddit and gamefaqs (I think everyone on the other side of the planet is asleep) but right now Perfect Apple and Perfect Peach are premium at my Re-Tail (non-native, bell boom).

Got about 3 hours until they close if you're interested.

3437-3068-2332

Linius

Pffft, wish it were Perfect Pears. On bell boom is even better :p

Turns out I have perfect cherrys on sale today. If anyone wants to come over...

Linius

Well since I'm pear town as well that wouldn't been of much help to you :p

My bingo number is #26 guys.

C32.jpg

Snowtyke said something different than the first time I built him. Pretty sure I'm gonna receive another gift then :D

Key info for today

- Perfect Cherry is on bonus (my native is pear)
- Bingo number is #26

I'll return later today to do some traveling etc.

Oh god I just realised you can quickly drop stuff on the ground by dragging it to your character's feet on the inventory screen.. :/

This is like the time I realised the X button opened the inventory screen.. >_>

Chopper

C32.jpg

Snowtyke said something different than the first time I built him. Pretty sure I'm gonna receive another gift then :D

Snap.

zlCfzRQkmjIFpfzopg

I think we're good.

Oh god I just realised you can quickly drop stuff on the ground by dragging it to your character's feet on the inventory screen.. :/

This is like the time I realised the X button opened the inventory screen.. >_>
Ha ha. It always makes me laugh when I'm doing a trade, or cataloging stuff and another player asks "How are you dropping things so fast?!". Happens surprisingly often!

Also, anyone else noticed some serious dirt repair today? Most, if not all of my paths have got a smattering of snow on them! Months of work being undone in days!

zlCfzRQlFoQysyrcB_

Audioboxer

I have my copy of Animal Crossing, just waiting on the 3DS XL being delivered. The excitement!

My 3DS XL arrived this morning! Going to need some friends, charging it just now. Are nintendo onto names yet or still friend codes? Last Nintendo devices I used were the Wii/DS but that's going back a year. My GF doesn't have a 3DS yet, and from what I can see having friends with Animal Crossing plays a big part.

MicH

I need some signatures for Kid Cat. Can someone open for me? :p

My 3DS XL arrived this morning! Going to need some friends, charging it just now. Are nintendo onto names yet or still friend codes? Last Nintendo devices I used were the Wii/DS but that's going back a year. My GF doesn't have a 3DS yet, and from what I can see having friends with Animal Crossing plays a big part.
Welcome to the community! 3DS still use friend codes, so be sure to find out what yours is. On the home screen tap the orange smiley face above the game icons - that's where you can add and see friends too!

MicH

I can open up for you in a minute. Bring the Jingle Piano while you're at it :p
Thanks. And I will :p

If anyone has a spare Ice Dresser or Chair, I would love to trade for them. I have some spare Ice stuff as well (sofa, clock, shelf, some other stuff). Please let me know.

Audioboxer

I need some signatures for Kid Cat. Can someone open for me? :p

Welcome to the community! 3DS still use friend codes, so be sure to find out what yours is. On the home screen tap the orange smiley face above the game icons - that's where you can add and see friends too!

I created a Nintendo network ID, I put in Audioboxer, is that what people can add me with now? Bit confusing setting the 3DS XL up, I had to create a Nintendo Club ID as well, and then link them. Think it's working properly, I redeemed my AC code and then got a free mario 3D download.

My first impression of the XL is holy batman low resolution. I'm spoiled by the Vitas screen but I got this 3DS XL due to the superior games. It was a 3DS for myself or a Wii U, I think I made the right choice :) I have AC, Donkey Kong, Luigis Mansion 2 and now super mario 3D land to play.

MicH

I created a Nintendo network ID, I put in Audioboxer, is that what people can add me with now? Bit confusing setting the 3DS XL up, I had to create a Nintendo Club ID as well, and then link them. Think it's working properly, I redeemed my AC code and then got a free mario 3D download.
The 3DS recently got the Nintendo IDs, but unfortunately, they are merely nicknames used for Miiverse. We still need friend codes to add each other. Only o nWii U can we add each other using our NNIDs :/

Linius

You should check for that orange square on the homescreen, the one with the smile. There you can see your Friendcode and add friends etc. :)

Audioboxer

The 3DS recently got the Nintendo IDs, but unfortunately, they are merely nicknames used for Miiverse. We still need friend codes to add each other. Only o nWii U can we add each other using our NNIDs :/

You should check for that orange square on the homescreen, the one with the smile. There you can see your Friendcode and add friends etc. :)

Ah right thanks, grrr, Nintendo and their half assed online account management :p Hopefully they allow the 3DS to add by account names at some point. I'll find out my code later and post it here, have work to do just now.

If I have extra pictures of villagers, I'll start offering them on here. No charge, but I think it's nice to have pictures of villagers that most of us may never get.

Big thanks to the AC gaffers for offering their villager pictures to me; only problem is that I need to find room! =D

MicH

I have a few duplicate pictures, too. All I really want are pictures of those I never got. Annalise, Beau, Stinky, Peewee, Cesar and Muffy :3

Animekatt

If I have extra pictures of villagers, I'll start offering them on here. No charge, but I think it's nice to have pictures of villagers that most of us may never get.

Big thanks to the AC gaffers for offering their villager pictures to me; only problem is that I need to find room! =D

I have a few duplicate pictures, too. All I really want are pictures of those I never got. Annalise, Beau, Stinky, Peewee, Cesar and Muffy :3

I'd be most interested ^^. Of course if I get extras too, I will give 'em out as well.

Cocoa

Today I have 16, 20, 41, 42, but I won't be able to get online until ~3 P.M. PST

Also, I'll trade any legit art for a graceful painting, worthy painting, great statue and valiant statue.

Linius

Does anyone have some beginners tips? Don't want any surprises for me ruined, just really some starter points :) Cheers

For starters choose your town layout wisely because it will be permanent. And you may wanna look up the previous OT's who have a more extensive OP with lots of info and mini guides on stuff you can do.

And of course stay with us in the thread so you'll get updated on all seasonal stuff that's happening. I noticed on a Dutch forum I frequent that a lot of people don't know half of what they can do. They didn't know that you can build snowmen or that Toy Day is coming for example. This game is packed.

No idea.

And it doesn't matter because she deleted the thread for some reason. :/

I looked it up, 20 percent up for retail sell prices. So I guess it will be 7200 bells per fruit then. And weird she deleted it :p

Niraj

4, 17, 22, 36

Snowman Bingo December 18

Coldsnap: 2
Roto13: 2
Niraj: 4
Cocoa: 16
Niraj: 17
Wheelhoss1: 20
Cocoa: 20
Roto13: 21
Niraj: 22
Linius: 26
Roto13: 26
Wheelhoss1: 28
Coldsnap: 32
Wheelhoss1: 35
Wheelhoss1: 36
Niraj: 36
Cocoa: 41
Cocoa: 42

so far I need:
Coldsnap: 2
Roto13: 2
Wheelhoss1: 20
Cocoa: 20
Coldsnap: 32
Wheelhoss1: 35
Cocoa: 41
Cocoa: 42

Oh, and I also have ore on premium today if anybody wants/needs to sell.

opening in 2 min

I need 42 for bingo. I can wait.

Also I'd love to buy a cedar in anyone's shop who doesn't need it. My lights still aren't on and I think I need more. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom