• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do villagers change what they want for toy day? Samson wanted something gray and now he's moved on to wanting a toy. I'm guessing he wants a gray toy. Do I have to interrogate my entire town again to see what they want beyond something of a specific color?

They all ask for item + color. They don't change their minds.

Damn it I ruined a snowball trying to make the Snowmama and so I just reset my game without saving thinking I was smart and now they're gone altogether. :(

Can't even get Dung Beetle now for today. :(

Frogstep

Oh neat. Thanks for posting that snowman building tutorial thing, bpb. :p

I was about to go look up a guide online somewhere. AC-GAF always comes through!

Wait what, so you can't reset if you mess up making snowpeople? :/

I would like to know the answer to this as well. Doesn't look like they reset if they come out screwed up.

Nevermind looks like the 3DS reset just moved the snowballs to different places in the town not take them away for the day completely, sorry! lol.

Now lets see if I can do it this time, as much as I want a Dung Beetle to finish off ALL THE BUGS :D .... I have 9 snowflakes in my inventory I want to get rid off first lol.

I'm not sure what happens if you reset AFTER making a Snowperson wrong as I'm still working on getting the balls together. :p

Chopper

Nevermind looks like the 3DS reset just moved the snowballs to different places in the town not take them away for the day completely, sorry! lol.

Now lets see if I can do it this time, as much as I want a Dung Beetle to finish off ALL THE BUGS :D .... I have 9 snowflakes in my inventory I want to get rid off first lol.

I'm not sure what happens if you reset AFTER making a Snowperson wrong as I'm still working on getting the balls together. :p
Where are you man? I'm jealous of your snowballs. I have another 4 and a half hours to wait.

Thanks for the info, Conrad. I'll keep editing the snowpeople post as we figure stuff out. And if you guys remember to take pictures of your snowballs before they become people, I'll replace the pictures. :)

Not sure if Chopper planned on mentioning this or not but when he was in my town a little while ago, he realized we can't post Miiverse screenshots during multiplayer because the home button gets cancelled out.

Of course, you can still take amusing screenshots like this one the old fashioned way.

tumblr_mxmcno1fgV1qa25kqo1_400.jpg

The funny thing is its actually summer here in real life, but I'm in my AC life pushing round snowballs. White Christmas for 3DS world!

Rolling the ball over certain kinds of bridges seems a bit tough, lucky I have a cool flat modern bridge.

Once the ball gets bigger its way easier to control, I guess that is the idea.

I haven't done this stuff since the GameCube lol.

Well I made a Snowtyke by accident haha, now we'll see if you can reset to get another chance at the Snowpeople for the day!

Edit: Yup two snowballs here again after the no save reset.

Chopper

Thanks for the info, Conrad. I'll keep editing the snowpeople post as we figure stuff out. And if you guys remember to take pictures of your snowballs before they become people, I'll replace the pictures. :)

Not sure if Chopper planned on mentioning this or not but when he was in my town a little while ago, he realized we can't post Miiverse screenshots during multiplayer because the home button gets cancelled out.

Of course, you can still take amusing screenshots like this one the old fashioned way.

tumblr_mxmcno1fgV1qa25kqo1_400.jpg
Thanks for that. Such a sweet dress.

Well I made a Snowtyke by accident haha, now we'll see if you can reset to get another chance at the Snowpeople for the day!
I didn't think you could make a Snowtyke until you'd made the others first...?

Thanks for that. Such a sweet dress.

I didn't think you could make a Snowtyke until you'd made the others first...?

You probably don't get a prize from him until then, but you can make him whenever you want by the looks of it.

Just push the big ball too close to the little one and he forms! >_<

zigg

I'm Miiversin' too! zigg00.

Also offloading a bunch of hybrids. Come on by, they're the random flowers around town hall. Please leave the neatly-arranged flowers around houses and other buildings alone &#128522;

zigg

Also offloading a bunch of hybrids. Come on by, they're the random flowers around town hall. Please leave the neatly-arranged flowers around houses and other buildings alone &#128522;
Closing up for the night. Chopper mentioned someone (forget who) wanted black cosmos? I have a few to spare, actually. Look me up tomorrow!

Chopper

Closing up for the night. Chopper mentioned someone (forget who) wanted black cosmos? I have a few to spare, actually. Look me up tomorrow!

Fuck you Chopper! That picture you just posted on Miiverse depresses me :/ I have a massive patch of orange cosmos that I've watered for months and I don't have a single black cosmos.
What a mark.

I can confirm having a Snowmam in your town will make the catchable snowflakes occasionally fall in your town even if it isn't snowing!
Priceless info.

I just posted my dream address on Miiverse. I wonder if the mods will delete it...

Thanks. Some genius in the avatar thread made it for me. I love it.

Has anyone used the Animal Crossing Plaza app thing on Wii U extensively? I like the sound of collecting AC stamps. How feasible is that?

You don't collect them. They're just there. When you make a post in the app, choose the handwriting thing and there's a stamp button that shows you a bunch of them you can use in your post. They're not trophies or anything.

Chopper

You don't collect them. They're just there. When you make a post in the app, choose the handwriting thing and there's a stamp button that shows you a bunch of them you can use in your post. They're not trophies or anything.
Well I'll be damned. I thought you had to earn them. Is that the same as Super Mario 3D World?

Frogstep

I haven't shot down a balloon in like...

I should probably start shooting them down more often, still sitting on a bronze badge over here. D:

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
I shoot them down all the time, but I guess I'm not quite at 200 yet. Hopefully soon so I can retire my slingshot :)

Animekatt

I'm not posting a pic of my badges, because it's pitiful. :p

How'd I miss this post lol. Followed! and made a creeper comment. :p

I thought that was cute. :D

Thanks. Some genius in the avatar thread made it for me. I love it.

Has anyone used the Animal Crossing Plaza app thing on Wii U extensively? I like the sound of collecting AC stamps. How feasible is that?

I've been going to the Plaza to try to favorite all of my villagers. In fact, I need to go in it right now to find Coco, and add her.

Finally hit 500 visitors. :D

Grats!

Wolfe

Gamefaqs is giving me nothing (even though a thread for her a few days ago went to almost 14 million!) so I'm posting it up here again in case anyone missed it but Merengue is in boxes today if anyone wants a strawberry shortcake rhino.

Marvie_3

Banned
I have a few paintings up for grabs:

Amazing
Common
Famous

Would love to trade them for any of the following if possible:

Basic painting
Calm painting
Serene painting
Valiant statue

If not, no big deal.

Guys, don't forget that December 11th to February 24th is also aurora season in Animal Crossing. Check out your night skies at 8:45PM, 9:30PM, 10:15PM, or 11PM and you may see the Northern Lights. :)

Gamefaqs is giving me nothing (even though a thread for her a few days ago went to almost 14 million!) so I'm posting it up here again in case anyone missed it but Merengue is in boxes today if anyone wants a strawberry shortcake rhino.

No one wants Merengue? :eek: Unacceptable.

suzu

I want Merengue.... but I don't have any room, have two normals already, and am too lazy to time-travel to get rid of villagers atm. :v

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom