• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koomaster

The fishing one isn't bad though (in a somewhat selfish way) since a good number of us should be finishing that in March, and there are fishing tourneys through May.

Also, congrats Koo!
Thanks!

And yeah that is true, at the very worst most of us would only have to wait a few weeks for the next fishing tourney when we catch the last fish. That's not as bad as having to wait 6 months till the next Bug-Off in June for the golden net.

Still a little disappointed, but not a big deal in the end I guess. Just something to look forward too. :)

I missed the King Salmon...

:(
D:

It's wonderful! I love it. :D

tumblr_mxncug3PmC1qa25kqo1_400.jpg

Do snowballs respawn or is it just 2 a day?

2 per day.

Linius

Yeah, the salmons won't return before september. Such a shame. And they are way too hard find, all I got was regular salmons :p

Interesting. Saving and quitting (to get a villager off Main Street) moved my untouched snowballs. So I guess if they're in an unfavorable spot, reload your game to see if you can move them to a better area.

Animekatt

At first I made a Snowtyke, but I think i'll go for the Snowman or boy first.

I missed the King Salmon as well, but then again, I missed a lot of fish.

Linius

I think starting with a Snowtyke is the best way to go here. Day one Snowtyke and then the other three in the following days so I have all four on the fourth day for the last Snowtyke gift. Then on day five the snowtyke will be melted.

Animekatt

I think starting with a Snowtyke is the best way to go here. Day one Snowtyke and then the other three in the following days so I have all four on the fourth day for the last Snowtyke gift. Then on day five the snowtyke will be melted.

That's a very good point... *resets the game*

Linius

This really doesn't favor people who have a lot of trees and bush-lined paths. :(

Haha, I was thinking about that. So glad I only pathed the upper right side of my town yet. That place is filled with perfect pear trees and paths. The rest of my town has plenty of snow to roll around in.

Animekatt

I hate how the snowballs like to spawn far away from my snow patch, and I'd have to roll them a long distance. It's annoying when they fall in the water. One time, a ball rolled down a bridge, hit a corner, and exploded. :/

I hate how the snowballs like to spawn far away from my snow patch, and I'd have to roll them a long distance. It's annoying when they fall in the water. One time, a ball rolled down a bridge, hit a corner, and exploded. :/

Hopefully this gets easier. Otherwise, it's going to be a long winter.

Robin64

This all sounds like just far too much effort for me. Having to navigate with a delicate ball and getting the perfect size? Bleh. Are the ice and snowman sets catalogueable at least?

Edit: Though DAMN, I'd love an ice room. That only requires the snow-woman, right?

Linius

I rolled my snowball into a pyramid and it disintegrated

said nobody ever

I laughed way too hard at this, sorry :lol

I guess we have to build the Snowboy a lot, I think only a new build version of it sends you a gift in the mail. And I really hope completing a bingo card isn't too hard. I guess it's going to take a while to complete all these furniture sets :p

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
This all sounds like just far too much effort for me. Having to navigate with a delicate ball and getting the perfect size? Bleh. Are the ice and snowman sets catalogueable at least?

None of that shit is orderable as far as I know

I laughed way too hard at this, sorry :lol

I guess we have to build the Snowboy a lot, I think only a new build version of it sends you a gift in the mail. And I really hope completing a bingo card isn't too hard. I guess it's going to take a while to complete all these furniture sets :p

Sure, laugh at my pain.

At least we have two and a half months I guess.

Chopper

I was gonna do it the other way. I assumed a Snowtyke would only give you a present if the others had been made first.

Koomaster

If you're having a hard time kicking the snowballs around obstacles; I suggest building up the snowball as large as you can where you found it. That way you can roll it instead of kick it where it needs to go.

If it's too large when you get it where it needs to be, roll it around in the dirt to decrease its' size.

Linius

I was gonna do it the other way. I assumed a Snowtyke would only give you a present if the others had been made first.

I think you're right, all four have to be there in order for him to give you a gift apparently. Well then I'll do him on the fourth day. I'll just go for the bingo card then I guess :p

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
If you're having a hard time kicking the snowballs around obstacles; I suggest building up the snowball as large as you can where you found it. That way you can roll it instead of kick it where it needs to go.

If it's too large when you get it where it needs to be, roll it around in the dirt to decrease its' size.

No problems there!

suzu

I made a perfect Snowmam and the snowflakes spawn rate is all right (on a non-snowy day too). Got a few Ice series furniture. They are un-orderable fyi.

It isn't toooo hard to make if you refer to the pictures in bpb's snowpeople post. Just stand next to the snowballs and compare it.

Robin64

Yeah, I'm only going to go for the ice set. Just need to build a snowmam and then collect snowflakes. Seems like the least frustrating of the bunch.

I'm sure someone will let me catalog the snowman set at least, right? ;)

<3 you guys.

Animekatt

I think you're right, all four have to be there in order for him to give you a gift apparently. Well then I'll do him on the fourth day. I'll just go for the bingo card then I guess :p

Well I'm glad that I've been resetting so many times to even find the snow balls. I'll make the Snowpapa first too then.

I made a perfect Snowmam and the snowflakes spawn rate is all right (on a non-snowy day too). Got a few Ice series furniture. They are un-orderable fyi.

It isn't toooo hard to make if you refer to the pictures in bpb's snowpeople post. Just stand next to the snowballs and compare it.

Nice! That furniture set is so lovely. I will turn my Christmas room into the Shiva room after the holidays are over.

Linius

That moment when you realize you have to fill a bingo card ten times to get the complete ski set. That is if that snowman doesn't give us the same item twice.

Too bad we can't have an extra bingo card with our alt. Going to be a lot of traveling. I have number 45 btw.

Linius

Don't know if I have 17, but I do have 19 so I'll have to come to Koo's place too if I have the time later.

Currently updating my 3DS so I can get this Miiverse thing.

suzu

Can't say I really care for the Ski series... I'll have to catalog that from someone. Hah. The snowman series looks cute though so I might try for that.

Nice! That furniture set is so lovely. I will turn my Christmas room into the Shiva room after the holidays are over.

Yeah, its pretty. A Shiva room sounds awesome. Diamond dust! :D

Mecca

*Newish NNID from the past 100 posts

I know I don't post much in AC GAF, but my NNID is M.E.C.C.A if anyone is interested. I'll follow people on the list later this afternoon when I get off from work.

I'm so happy it's snowing!! It feels like I've been waiting forever for this. :) I love how the campsite has turned into a igloo. I want some of that soup irl.

mvai58dlwd5l.jpg

qk3afkq1vf4u.jpg

zxs1p6msrejm.jpg

Koomaster

No 45 on my card :/ I've got 17. Koo, I'll have to drop by sometime for 19.
Don't know if I have 17, but I do have 19 so I'll have to come to Koo's place too if I have the time later.
I have my gate open now and I'll leave it open for a while if you guys or anyone else wants to pop by.

As soon as you exit the train station; head east (right) and you should find him. He's beside the bonfire because I'm mean and that's where I decided to build him.

If you guys or anyone doesn't get a chance to drop by this morning I will open up other times during the day as well.

Linius

I'll come by right away.

My NNID is Linius91.

Now how do I make a bottom screencap? And where can I browse the New Leaf community? Does it have a website so I can look at it on my laptop?

Coldsnap

Whoa, had no clue about the snowman stuff. This game has an insane amount of content, trying to play other games but it seems like theres always an event or something going on in this game!

Robin64

I'll come by right away.

My NNID is Linius91.

Now how do I make a bottom screencap? And where can I browse the New Leaf community? Does it have a website so I can look at it on my laptop?

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/

On the 3DS, going to Miiverse while in Animal Crossing will take you to the AC community by default.

If you want to post a pic, make a new post and hit the button top right to add a shot. There you pick the screen you want to capture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom