• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing PAL boxart

Solid

animalpal.jpg

Alcibiades

This seriously challenged Metroid Prime for GOTY 2002 (was nominated just about everywhere for it).

I hope Europe is going to be very open to this. Considering the Eyetoy was really popular there, less conventional gaming experiences really have a shot there. I wouldn't be surprised if it outsold what it did in America (about 700,000 copies)

Alcibiades

B'z-chan said:
Your fucking kidding me that game is just now getting to Europe or what? I'm confused. HOLY CRAP

well, considering that the game needs very specific localization because it's not like Japan or the US where the whole market is the same country with generally similar customs/holidays (not to mention Nintendo decided not to release it in favor of working on a sequel, then decided to go ahead with it), I think it makes sense for it to take longer to localize. Not THIS long, but I'm sure a fair amount of work went into this.

B'z-chan

Banned
and do they expect you to pay out the equivilant of 50 us dollars for this game in Europe? if so that would be kind of sad. As i'm sure by now people who are interested in it have imported from across seas. I feel bad for you pal users honestly. thats just not cool. but gotta give nintendo cred i guess.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Has this game actually be localised to reflect European traditions/customs/holidays? If it has, I'd be interested in picking it up (have the US version already).

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Considering the Eyetoy was really popular there, less conventional gaming experiences really have a shot there. I wouldn't be surprised if it outsold what it did in America (about 700,000 copies)
Lets don't go overboard. Eyetoy and AC are miles away one from each other, and the game's schedule is laughable.

Your fucking kidding me that game is just now getting to Europe or what?
Nintendo loves us, poor europeans.

well, considering that the game needs very specific localization because it's not like Japan or the US where the whole market is the same country with generally similar customs/holidays (not to mention Nintendo decided not to release it in favor of working on a sequel, then decided to go ahead with it), I think it makes sense for it to take longer to localize. Not THIS long, but I'm sure a fair amount of work went into this.
Ah, the wishful thinking :p

8bit

Knows the Score
B'z-chan said:
and do they expect you to pay out the equivilant of 50 us dollars for this game in Europe? if so that would be kind of sad.

The RRP(£39.99/€55) is nearer 70 USD dollars.

Mr Gump

Banned
Its been out in Australia for ages and there is no localisation (although its not like they'd go to the effort) in the PAL version here. Needless to say the game is beyond dissapointing, and the fact that it was made for kids shines right through in every facet of the game.

Speevy

Banned
efralope said:
This seriously challenged Metroid Prime for GOTY 2002 (was nominated just about everywhere for it).

Challenged? More like destroyed. Check out the AIAS awards for 2002. AC X 3, Metroid Prime = Not so much.. :D

I agree ef. Animal Crossing could very well be considered GOTY for 2002. It was massively addictive, clever, very well designed and most of all fun. But for me, despite the awesome Prime, Mario Sunshine is my GOTY 2002.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Wow... you know you're getting screwed when you get a game months/years after Australia has already got it.

nubbe

Scrow said:
Wow... you know you're getting screwed when you get a game months/years after Australia has already got it.
yeah well.. we get a gift on our card.. and maybe 60Hz and good 50Hz.. maybe :p

Deg

Banned
Havent got the Us version so i'll be getting this. I know its late. Should do ok enough anyway. Wario Ware i imported although i am tempted by the wacky yellow boxart...

efralope said:

I hope Europe is going to be very open to this. Considering the Eyetoy was really popular there, less conventional gaming experiences really have a shot there. I wouldn't be surprised if it outsold what it did in America (about 700,000 copies)
bah, fuck metroid prime, this WAS 2002 GOTY

nubbe said:
yeah well.. we get a gift on our card.. and maybe 60Hz and good 50Hz.. maybe :p
we got a special gift in 2002 too... which reminds me...

DO NOT FORMAT THE CARD THAT COMES WITH IT

i remember a few people did that and lost their gift :D

Shiggy

Yeah! I will buy it. It's much better, because you don't need the e-Reader. I hope SMB and Zelda will there be included.

A HAL developed game - but what did they change?

I'm holding my fingers to my temples and I see the future...I see...That the Europeans won't buy this wonderful title just like they've ignored the greats of the past.

Top Bottom