• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Another Final Fantasy VII project planed?

Ok, we have FF7 Advent Children (movie) and FF7 Before Crisis (Mobile).

Now Vjump says that the black character below (bottom right) will appear in another FF7 project.

Babelfish Quite:
An intense title appears in the "Final Fantasy 7" plan further. (open)

It is the appearance in which the preliminary announcement that the title of FF7 newly
appeared had appeared from "BIFO crisis Final Fantasy 7" of the V jump newest number,
and the report of "Final Fantasy 7 Advent children."

It is the further intense title participation to a FFVII plan!! "FFVII plan" in which AC-BC
cannot look aside!
It is decided that an appearance of what and that man will be the special enlarged title of the schedule announced further soon!!

vjump.jpg

Any clues? Is this guy Vincent? Looks like it... I hope this is no mobile crap, maybe
a FF7 side story?

AC = Advent Children
BC = Before Crisis
and now maybe
CC = ???

belgurdo

Banned
Man, I'd wish they'd make VII-2 already so that I wouldn't have to hear about Final Fantasy "going down in quality" since that title anymore

Belfast

Seriously Square, just make VII-2 or remake VII. Everybody wants it. You know they want it. Advent Children is neat, but quit dicking around!

belgurdo said:
Man, I'd wish they'd make VII-2 already so that I wouldn't have to hear about Final Fantasy "going down in quality" since that title anymore

That comment really isn't coming from FF7 fanboys though. :p

A Vincent based FF would rock. He along with Sephiroth were my favorite FF7 characters, and pretty much the only ones I liked.

Shiggy

This makes sense:

A-C: Advent Childeren
B-C: Before Crisis
C-C: Chrystal Chronicles

Accroding to Cube-Europe SE plans a FFCC sucessor

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
All this FF7 hype that Square is generating has got to be leading up to something big, a la a remake or an FF7-2. They're not stupid - they realize such a game would move some substancial numbers, they just want to make sure they can get a maximum amount of interest going first. Here's hoping, anyways.

Belfast

Shiggy said:
This makes sense:

That doesn't make ANY sense. What the heck does Crystal Chronicles have to do with FF7 at all?

Shiggy said:
This makes sense:

It doesn't make any sense. If they were to put it on the GC they will oneup Sega as the company that makes the worst business decisions in the industry.

jarrod

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
It doesn't make any sense. If they were to put it on the GC they will oneup Sega as the company that makes the worst business decisions in the industry.
Why would a FFCC successor on GC be a bad idea again?

jarrod

Banned
Shiggy said:
I know, but the GDS also works on a new game for the GameCube. I believe FFCC2
I hope not, unless they drop the connectivity aspect. I'd rather get a full blown SaGa RPG from Kawazu though instead...

jarrod said:
Why would a FFCC successor on GC be a bad[/] idea again?

I thought he was suggesting that the FFCC successor would be the sequel to FF7 (which he mentioned in his first post). That's what I was talking about. Square's not that dumb.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
SolidSnakex said:

Why? The Gamecube has a bigger fanbase than the PSX had when they made FFVII for it. A FFVII remake would sell well on it. Besides, FFXII is coming out next year for the PS2. The PS2 will have gotten 4 Final Fantasies (plus a couple of expansions for FFXI) before the gen is over. SquareEnix might just want to spread the love.

Also, if they decided to use FFVII characters in the FFCC successor it would not be the end of the world IMO.

yeah i would like a remake of VII, but why dont they make a remake of the bets FF game ever, Final fantasy VI!

man wouldnt that be sweet!

Belfast

So? The market isn't what it was in 93/94. Sure, Square had some success on the NES/SNES, but they had even MORE success with Sony. I don't see any reason for them to port new games in their most lucrative franchises to a Nintendo system. FFTA was kind of a surprise, admittedly, but its still just a spin-off, a la Crystal Chronicles.

jarrod said:
A FFVII remake would make sense on GameCube or PSP, FFVII-2 would make sense on PS2.

FF7-2 makes sense on the PS2. Period. Anything else is stretching it when it comes to the sales potential of the series. Enix has the best philosophy on this stuff, you put your biggest series on the biggest userbase. No questions asked. This is so you get maximum sales out of it.

jarrod

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
FF7-2 makes sense on the PS2. Period. Anything else is stretching it when it comes to the sales potential of the series. Enix has the best philosophy on this stuff, you put your biggest series on the biggest userbase. No questions asked. This is so you get maximum sales out of it.
I agree with FFVII-2, anything else would be a huge mistake. Enix's platform philosophies are also likely the reason for Square Enix's overly cautious PSP "support".

human5892

Queen of Denmark
You can already play FFVII on a PS2. I think a remake for GC would make a lot more sense based on that alone.

Then again, I'm sure it would sell a lot more on the PS2, anyway.

Belfast

Then what would be the point in a remake? If people were content playing it on a PS2, what the hell is the point? If you don't have one, just go buy a used copy and an old PS1 for about 50 bucks total and there ya go. Besides, if you haven't played it by this point, I doubt putting it on the GC is going to give it "more exposure."

human5892 said:
You can already play FFVII on a PS2. I think a remake for GC would make a lot more sense based on that alone.

Then again, I'm sure it would sell a lot more on the PS2, anyway.

If they did a remake it'd likely be for the PSP since they're making a FF7 Advent Children version for it. They said a remake wouldn't make sense on the PS2 since you can play FF7 on it, so the PSP opens up that possibility of putting it on a system that can't play FF7.

RiZ III

Isnt this the stupid cell phone game? The-Magicbox.com talked about it last week I think. According to some people here, that was old news.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
Belfast said:
Then what would be the point in a remake? If people were content playing it on a PS2, what the hell is the point? If you don't have one, just go buy a used copy and an old PS1 for about 50 bucks total and there ya go. Besides, if you haven't played it by this point, I doubt putting it on the GC is going to give it "more exposure."
Because it would be easier to play it on your GC than to go out and buy another piece of hardware. Also, it would look better.

It's pretty much like what SolidSnakeX inferred that Square-Enix themselves said when he quoted me:

SolidSnakeX said:
If they did a remake it'd likely be for the PSP since they're making a FF7 Advent Children version for it. They said a remake wouldn't make sense on the PS2 since you can play FF7 on it, so the PSP opens up that possibility of putting it on a system that can't play FF7.

So you can see how even to Square-Enix, a FFVII remake would make more sense on some other system (PSP, GC) than it would on the PS2.

I don't even think such a remake is coming to any system at all, though, so the point is pretty moot. I'm just saying that if it did, by Square-Enix's own admission, the PS2 would be a less likely candidate to receive it.

Yah I don't think a remake will come anytime soon. But if it did, I actually think there's a good chance that it'd outsell the newer FF's.

neo2046

jarrod said:
Maybe that rumored DMC-ish action game starring Cloud?
starring Vincent
I heard this rumor before FF7: AC officially announced
(likely that rumor FF7 action game is started from Quiter)

GameCube Peripheral at E3

New device will add more functionality to the console.

April 09, 2004 - The Kyoto Shimbun today reported that Nintendo plans to show off a new peripheral for its GameCube console at the Electronics Entertainment Expo 2004 this May in Los Angeles. The device will add entirely new gameplay functionality to the company's home system.

Earlier this year Nintendo revealed that it would offer new peripheral devices for GameCube in an effort to extend the life of the system and attract more gamers.

Nintendo will also unveil its new portable the DS, a dual-screened handheld with a touch-screen interface and a stylus input device, at the E3 2004 show.
God I hate Ninty sometimes.

jarrod

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
Unfortunately, Square Enix isn't sold on PSP's market viability. If a FFVII remake is currently being made, PSP isn't the likely platform.

Also, Advent Children isn't being made for PSP, it's just getting a UMD release (in addition to DVD). According to SCEI, UMD goes beyond just PSP... Square Enix has yet to announce any PSP games, or general support for that matter (quotes from Square Enix officials sort of fly in the face of SCEI sticking their name on every developer listing).

human5892

Queen of Denmark
Shiggy said:
Yes, Cube-Europe said this.

The peripheral will be shown this year!
Cube-Europe is not a terribly reliable source.

Doth Togo said:
VII-2 will come out on the 10th anniversary of FFVII. Not sure if it'll be a new game or remake.
How do you know this?

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
AC: Advent Children
BC: Before Crisis
CC: Crystal Chronicles
DC: Dual Clouds <--- :O

Top Bottom