• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

another great bushism!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
boo wmv is banned on my connection.

someone type it up?

xabre

Banned
That just didn't look good.....at all.

And there is no possible way that could be spun so that it looked anything other than as bad as it was.

"Tribal sovereignty means that -- it's sovereign. You're a -- you've been given sovereignty, and you're viewed as a sovereign entity. And, therefore, the relationship between the federal government and tribes is one between sovereign entities."

The above transcript doesn't sufficiently express the numerous uncomfortable pauses and Homer Simpson brain mechanisms involved in getting out that sentence.

Socreges

Banned
xabre said:
That just didn't look good.....at all.

And there is no possible way that could be spun so that it looked anything other than as bad as it was.
IIRC, someone named Fjord continues to identify how Bush is ad-libbing. As if, therefore, we should excuse the fact that he constantly makes a complete ass out of himself.
Ninja Scooter said:
LMAO! Is that people laughing at him hysterically in the background?
Haha, yes. I turned the volume up after you mentioned that and you can hear lots of people laughing during his pauses. That is so fucking funny.

Triumph

Banned
Sweet Jumping Jesus on a Pogo Stick...

How long, O Lord, how long will we be subjected to this half bright, language mangling mean spirited rich kid running these barely United States of America? Will it actually be FOUR MORE YEARS? For the love of God. The man is just not acceptable to run a Denny's much less the Entire Free World.

xabre

Banned
Haha, yes. I turned the volume up after you mentioned that and you can hear lots of people laughing during his pauses. That is so fucking funny.

Yeah lol.

Half of me sort of felt pity for the poor bastard. The other half reminded me that this IS Bush after all.

Lathentar

Looking for Pants
Diablos said:
I cannot BELIEVE people want someone this fucking STUPID representing their country for another four years.

Could you please answer the same question without looking up anything? I have no idea how to answer the guy's question either.

Anways, the guy went to Yale as a Legacy and was a C student, I believe.

Mustang

Banned
yawn.gif

I have to admit, even though I'm voting for that guy (so far), I think that he's an absolutely horrible public speaker. You can tell that just about each and every time there's a camera on him, he's as nervous as a nerdy kid asking a cheerleader out.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Lathentar said:
Could you please answer the same question without looking up anything? I have no idea how to answer the guy's question either.

Anways, the guy went to Yale as a Legacy and was a C student, I believe.

we are not the president.

Haha... that reminds me of high school or something. Kid gets called on, has no fucking clue what the question is about, but tries to spin some bullshit answer anyway. Everybody laughs.

-hahahaha that is funny as hell, and i agree, the president SHOULD know this kind of stuff. the fact the he doesn't (or it strongly seems that way) and even further that he plays it off as he does, makes me feel apprehensive and almost ashamed about him as our leader.

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
The Promised One said:
I have to admit, even though I'm voting for that guy (so far), I think that he's an absolutely horrible public speaker.

That clip had nothing to do with public speaking. Bush simply had no idea how to answer the question. Instead of asking for clarification or a dictionary so he could determine what "sovereign" meant, he just made up a completely bullshit answer.

NLB2

Banned
Raoul Duke said:
Sweet Jumping Jesus on a Pogo Stick...

How long, O Lord, how long will we be subjected to this half bright, language mangling mean spirited rich kid running these barely United States of America? Will it actually be FOUR MORE YEARS? For the love of God. The man is just not acceptable to run a Denny's much less the Entire Free World.
That depends on what side of the civil war you're on.

roll.gif
roll.gif

There really are no words for that pathetic display of feigning intelligence. I nearly bust a gut when the crowd started to laugh and then you see Dubya sorta halfway turn to the audience thinking, "fuck, are they laughing at me...?"

Brings back memories of being at the chalkboard in middle school and fucking up an answer.

he said soveriegn entities not soveriengnentity.

Regardless, if you don't know the answer to the question, don't try to answer it. Instead you just end up looking stupid. Have the balls to just say that you don't know too much about it but if there is something that needs to be resolved or discussed, the door is always open to the first people of this great nation.

capslock

Is jealous of Matlock's emoticon
I actually felt sorry for the poor bastard, dumb or no, I don't think the audience should have laughed, the position he occupies should be shown the proper respect.

btw: me = lib + anti-bush.

xsarien

daedsiluap
capslock said:
I actually felt sorry for the poor bastard, dumb or no, I don't think the audience should have laughed, the position he occupies should be shown the proper respect.

Perhaps he should start respecting it, then.

capslock

Is jealous of Matlock's emoticon
xsarien said:
Perhaps he should start respecting it, then.

I expected something like that...however, respect for a high office is not contingent upon the behaviour of the individual occupying it.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
ManDudeChild said:
I'm too lazy, but long story short, he kept saying sovereign and made up a word.
he doesn't really make a word up, he just mashes sovereign and entities together.

But essesntially he defined a word by using the word.

ie. define orange : Orange is a color that is orange or the same as oranges.

3phemeral

capslock said:
I expected something like that...however, respect for a high office is not contingent upon the behaviour of the individual occupying it.

I would think that partly the reason why the position of presidency has respect is because of the qualification of the person holding it. If anything, I think he's leaving people no other option but to associate the presidency with the sort of ineptitude he presents on a daily basis.

"I expected something like that...however, respect for a high office is not contingent upon the behaviour of the individual occupying it."

That is absolutely ridiculous. Noone deserves blind respect no matter what they do.

Socreges

Banned
The Promised One said:
I have to admit, even though I'm voting for that guy (so far)
For people such as you, I'm convinced that if you haven't changed your mind yet, absolutely nothing will make a difference. And there are millions like you. *boggle*

Diablos said:
Fool me once... shame on... you?
"There's an old saying in Tennessee. We have it in Texas, they probably have it in Tennessee. It says 'Fool me once, shame on... shame on you......*hand gesture* Ifoolme can't get fooled again!"

Bob White

"There's an old saying in Tennessee. We have it in Texas, they probably have it in Tennessee. It says 'Fool me once, shame on... shame on you......*hand gesture* Ifoolme can't get fooled again!"

Man, that one gets me every time. Too fucking funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom