• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Another "I need a new monitor" thread.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Ok I need a new monitor and am looking for a decent 23-24" LED monitor with deep blacks and 1080p resolution. Under $200

I am not interested in 1440p, 4K or Gsync. Those features are outside my budget and I don't do enough PC gaming for them to be a big deal. I've seen a few from Samsung and ASUS that seem good, but I need some suggestions from GAF.

Firebrand

Really happy with my S27D590P, which is available in a 24 format as well in the S24E390. It does have some "IPS glow" in the corner, but I'm not sure that's avoidable on lower-end IPS panels (there was one youtube video which seemed to demonstrate a comparable LG display had less of it, but I've also seen opposite cases). The lagom.nl gamma tests were nearly spot on right out of the box, though the picture does have a bit of a saturated look to it.

One drawback is that the stand (which does not have height adjustment) doesn't allow the display to backwards very much at all.

jblank83

www.amazon.com/dp/B01A0ZRQTM

I've been keeping my eye on the ViewSonic XG2701 27-inch 144Hz with FreeSync.

It has really solid reviews and is currently a lightning deal for $315. Wish I had the money for it, but maybe someone else can take advantage of a good deal.

The 24" version is $228.

Best monitor for under $200 that I've used myself is a BenQ. I think the 24 inch is like $175, though may be found on woot.com frequently for cheaper.

Edit: oh, OP already ordered a BenQ. Disregard.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Let me know how it is. I've been looking at this one and really interested in what people think of it.

It's here and it will take some getting used to, but I like it so far.

Going from a 40 inch Samsung LED to a 24 inch LED monitor is a bit of a change, but so far so good.

Very much worth what I paid ($140)

Thanati

It's here and it will take some getting used to, but I like it so far.

Going from a 40 inch Samsung LED to a 24 inch LED monitor is a bit of a change, but so far so good.

Very much worth what I paid ($140)

Cool! If you can post some more updates after using for some time, that would be great.

Top Bottom