• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Another Shining Force

Culex

Banned
He explained that he hopes to see no breaks between continuing releases in the series, so that fans can keep following it through the near future.

Am I reading this wrong, or does that mean the Shining Force series is pretty much locked with the PS2 now?

WarPig

Culex said:
Am I reading this wrong, or does that mean the Shining Force series is pretty much locked with the PS2 now?

The fourth one isn't attached to a platform yet. I figure it could just as easily be a new handheld game.

DFS.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
unless i'm missing something in the quotations, it sounds like he's announcing a new game under the shining umbrella, not specifically a new shining force.

Ill Saint

Fantastic. I hope these new Shining additions capture some of the magic of the 16bit games (Never did get to play the SF 3 series).

Soul4ger

Someone tell these people to make a new fucking Dragon Force.

*Edit* - The irony of this post is simply, a couple months ago I would've let someone pee on me for a new Shining Force game. Oh, how spoiled we become.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
as long as you're indulging nitpicky corrections, shining in the darkness was the first game in the series, not shining force.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Wasn't this supposed to be known months ago back when Sega first showed off Shining Tears?

Personally I'm hesitant in a new Shining Force. If Camelot aren't behind it (and more than likely never will be again) then I have a bad feeling it won't live upto the greatness of the SF series.

jiggle

speedpop said:
Wasn't this supposed to be known months ago back when Sega first showed off Shining Tears?

Personally I'm hesitant in a new Shining Force. If Camelot aren't behind it (and more than likely never will be again) then I have a bad feeling it won't live upto the greatness of the SF series.

This is in addition to the SF revealed along with Shining Tears

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Yeah that's what I meant, they showed Shining Tears as well as a brand new Shining Force - detailing that ST would be on PS2 whereas the new SF had no console named for it. Whether or not a developer was assigned to the game, I wouldn't have a clue or have forgotten.

Ill Saint

Yeah that's what I meant, they showed Shining Tears as well as a brand new Shining Force - detailing that ST would be on PS2 whereas the new SF had no console named for it. Whether or not a developer was assigned to the game, I wouldn't have a clue or have forgotten.
New Shining Force is for PS2 , and being developed by what used to be Amusement Vision (http://shining-force.jp/).

jarrod

Banned
speedpop said:
No, that nerw Shining Force is for PS2 and developed by Amusment Vision (who also handled the GBA SF Remake). The new Shining game is in addition to that... I'm betting it's a NDS or PSP game. :)

ferricide

shame that camelot can't come back. shining is better than golden sun, i think, despite my initial enthusiasm for GS. probably because it's less kid-friendly on the story, but that's just my taste i suppose. shining force III r0x0r3d.

still, i'm eager to see what amusement vision makes of it. hell, i'm eager to see what amusement vision is up to in general, especially as they absorbed the panzer people.

Top Bottom