• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Another terrorist sets fire to another Planned Parenthood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://time.com/4058001/california-planned-parenthood-fire-arson/

Authorities have determined that a fire at a Planned Parenthood facility in California was a work of arson.

Ventura County sheriff’s Capt. John Reilly says someone used a rock to shatter a window at the Thousand Oaks facility Wednesday night, then doused the office in gasoline and lit it on fire, the Los Angeles Times reports.

Firefighters arrived on the scene late Wednesday night and found the broken window. The building’s sprinkler system had taken care of the fire, and no one was inside the facility at the time.

This is the second terror attack on Planned Parenthood in the last month with a Planned Parenthood in Washington being set ablaze in early September:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1107917

If the sprinkler system was able to take care of the fire by itself, then hopefully the facility will be up and running again in the near future.

JDSN

Banned
What a piece of shit terrorist, I hope they capture him a throw his terrorist ass in a terrorist cell. Glad no one was hurt by this act of terrorism.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Ridiculous this is happening in 2015.

After watching the Republican debates though, crazy fuels crazies.

I've never heard of Planned Parenthood until today. Can someone please explain what this is about to me? :)

Planned Parenthood is a major women's health clinic that also does abortions.

The GOP has been trying to defund them to earn political points from anti-abortion Republicans and the GOP has used ridiculous, over the top language to attack PP.

And now people are trying to burn the PPs down because they feel that abortion is some sin against God or some other crazy shit.

grumble

I've never heard of Planned Parenthood until today. Can someone please explain what this is about to me? :)

It's at American non profit that provides reproductive health services to women. This includes birth control, cancer screenings, medical check ups, community outreach, advice, and yes they will perform abortions. There is a large and very aggressive anti-abortion movement in the us. It is mostly religiously based, as the us is an extremely religious country.

Well, at least no one was injured.

Seems like these assholes just seem like they want to destroy property, not actually kill people.

They're still huge assholes.

Planned Parenthood is a major women's health clinic that also does abortions.

The GOP has been trying to defund them to earn political points from anti-abortion Republicans and the GOP has used ridiculous, over the top language to attack PP.

And now people are trying to burn the PPs down because they feel that abortion is some sin against God or some other crazy shit.
It's at American non profit that provides reproductive health services to women. This includes birth control, cancer screenings, medical check ups, community outreach, advice, and yes they will perform abortions. There is a large and very aggressive anti-abortion movement in the us. It is mostly religiously based, as the us is an extremely religious country.
Rightio, thanks for the answers!

That's just really shitty.

Why can't more idiots disagree without thinking that they have to resort to violence. The narrative that you'd have to tell yourself about how you're some kind of holy crusader is just fucking absurd.

Attacks on abortion clinics and doctors aren't anything new in the US, are they though? I guess the recent debate might have aggravated some, but it seems to me that element has always been there since abortions became legal.

They think they're on some holy crusade.

Pro-lifers in the authorities will probably not pursue the case with much vigor and just shrug their shoudlers, the hive runs deep.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Is someone going to change the thread title to remove the word terrorist again?

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Attacks on abortion clinics and doctors aren't anything new in the US, are they though? I guess the recent debate might have aggravated some, but it seems to me that element has always been there since abortions became legal.

They are not sadly.

User1608

Banned
The GOP and their toxic, dangerous rhetoric.
Yup, why I will never ever respect this party. If I can legally become part of this country, I won't ever forget their rhetoric, for sure.

Cannot believe at one point I had the mindset many of these people have, pretty ashamed tbh. This is just so frustrating.

Oersted

Why the use of the word though? Does it have to be new or something?

Pastry

Banned

I'd like to point out that they also provide some services to
men, STD tests. I've gotten my annual tests done at a PP before and it was very easy.

So, let's see what's been going down. Racist white guy hats on scared brown people. Man shoots up school, and gun lovers run to protect their metallic tools of murder. And a medical facility, known to help treat the young, old, uneducated, and poor gets lit on fire in the name of Jaysus and his beloved babbies.

Just an another day...

Dryk

The sort of inflammatory rhetoric that encourages this sort of behaviour is one of the many, many things on the list of reasons why the Republicans aren't fit to lead the US

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom