• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Another Windows Problem: Whole Programs Folder Displayed in Start menu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to bother you guys again, this windows installation is killing me...

My whole "Programs" folder is displayed in my start menu. This includes all the DLLs and all that. My Start Menu Programs list (the one with just icons) is now in the top half menu, and the Programs folder is now in the bottom. This happend after I changed the default Program's folder. Is there any way I can fix this while retaining my altered default programs...

Pic explains what i mean

scrn3.jpg

Vlad

Did you tell your Start/Programs menu to just point to the C:\Program Files directory or something? If so, that would explain your problem.

The Start Menu is just a bunch of shortcuts that are stored in Documents and Settings/[user]/Start Menu. That's how it determines what is shown. Thus, if you want to edit your start menu, it's better to just edit the different shorcuts there instead of redirecting it.

Not only that, but if you delete something from your start menu now, it's going to delete the file itself, instead of just a shortcut.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom