• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ANT-MAN | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
So Hayley Atwell confirmed her cameo, set in 1946.

No.

How important is Peggy Carter to the "Ant-Man" film? "She crosses over, but it's more of a cameo," Atwell answered. "It's not a flashback -- well, it is, but not to the point where it's 1946."

It would make sense that Attwell's cameo would take place in the 1960s, considering that John Slattery, not Dominic Cooper will play Howard Stark.

ant-manprelude1.jpg

ant-manprelude2-3.jpg

ant-manprelude4.jpg

shield

It would make sense that Attwell's cameo would take place in the 1960s, considering that John Slattery, not Dominic Cooper will play Howard Stark.

I can't speak for the movie, but the prelude comic is set in the mid 80s

The time period it takes place in is generally about the mid '80s. We don't have a specific time stamp because we tend not to do that in the MCU, but it' definitely around the time when Gorbachev was the leader in Russia. There's definitely a Berlin Wall, which plays a large role in the story because Hank's mission in the comic is to get through the Berlin Wall and get into East Berlin; just off the Death Strip is where he needs to get to. They need to do it covertly too, which is not an easy task at that time.

From an interview with Will Corona Pilgrim

Quick

Banned
Yeah, there really hasn't been much content released. Marvel probably wanted to keep the focus on Age of Ultron until its release.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Between Bats vs Supes, Age of Ultron, Deadpool, Age of Apoc, Aquaman, Daredevil and Jessica Jones, I almost forgot this even existed.

S1kkZ

they will probably have new trailers/marketing stuff in mid may, after ultron is "done".

and lets not forget: the film is/was on a very tight schedule (less than 9 months from filming to post prod to release). they probably have none of the big vfx scenes finished they could use for a trailer.

Neoxon

Yeah there is almost zero buzz for this film. Surprised all we have is that first teaser still when the movie is out in what... 4 months?
Something similar happened with Guardians. Marvel likes to focus on one movie at a time beyond the initial trailer. Expect more Ant-Man either at or after Age of Ultron.

Yeah there is almost zero buzz for this film. Surprised all we have is that first teaser still when the movie is out in what... 4 months?
What better way to drop the first trailer than with AOU which will probably have one of the biggest audiences, ever? No need to spoil the goods just yet. Marvel knows what they're doing.

S1kkZ

What better way to drop the first trailer than with AOU which will probably have one of the biggest audiences, ever? No need to spoil the goods just yet. Marvel knows what they're doing.

they will have the star wars trailer in front of ultron. if they place ant-man in front of aou next to star wars, it would just not work.

if they have a post credit scene that teases/introduces ant-man (the film takes place mostly after aou, right?), now that would be good.

edit: and i have the feeling marvel doesnt really "care" about the film. if it is a hit, cool. if not, thats cool too. they already have their plans until 2019 unveiled, and ant-man is nowhere to be seen. aou will make a ton of money, star wars will make even more and avengers 2.5/civil war will also make a shitton of money.

they will have the star wars trailer in front of ultron. if they place ant-man in front of aou next to star wars, it would just not work.

if they have a post credit scene that teases/introduces ant-man (the film takes place mostly after aou, right?), now that would be good.

edit: and i have the feeling marvel doesnt really "care" about the film. if it is a hit, cool. if not, thats cool too. they already have their plans until 2019 unveiled, and ant-man is nowhere to be seen. aou will make a ton of money, star wars will make even more and avengers 2.5/civil war will also make a shitton of money.

I really think they'll save the post credits scene for;

- Civil War tease (Don't think it'll be this, as they'll probably naturally tease Civil War with Cap's reaction to Tony creating Ultron, we've seen this in the leaked Comic-Con footage)
- Avengers 3 tease (Thanos again, would make sense since he was at the end of the first)
- Spiderman tease (Unlikely, but they don't have to even have cast Spidey and the reaction would be AMAZING)

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
That sounds the best way to make it work. People are going to see that movie for the movie and the SW trailier. Why would having the Ant-Man trailer get about as much exposure you could possibly get as a trailer not work?

tomtom94

That sounds the best way to make it work. People are going to see that movie for the movie and the SW trailier. Why would having the Ant-Man trailer get about as much exposure you could possibly get as a trailer not work?

I think the issue is that compared to Star Wars everyone will be underwhelmed by Ant-Man.

What other big studio releases are due out between AoU and Ant-Man? Should be fairly easy for Marvel to get the Ant-Man trailer attached to one of those instead...

TDLink

I think the issue is that compared to Star Wars everyone will be underwhelmed by Ant-Man.

What other big studio releases are due out between AoU and Ant-Man? Should be fairly easy for Marvel to get the Ant-Man trailer attached to one of those instead...

Ant man and star wars aren't really going for the exact same audience. Plus they are 6 months apart. AoU will give the movie the best exposure it can get. They would be stupid not to attach it.

mreddie

Didn't Guardians have the first trailer attached to Winter Soldier or a new one?

I just want this movie to be good. I like underrated heroes and Ant Man and Wasp are vastly underrated.

So yeah, I believe we'll see a trailer as the movie gets released in Europe first.

The goal is I think more to bring exposure to the movie and the character, not to excite them like the Star Wars trailer would be for. The first GoG trailer dropped before Winter Soldier (though it was released online before that) and I remember the audience I was with seemed to be pretty muted too, especially since there was a better X-Men: DOFP being released at the same time and got those people talking. Evidently though that trailer did serve its purpose.

Neoxon

Didn't Guardians have the first trailer attached to Winter Soldier or a new one?

I just want this movie to be good. I like underrated heroes and Ant Man and Wasp are vastly underrated.

So yeah, I believe we'll see a trailer as the movie gets released in Europe first.
The first GotG trailer was attached to Winter Soldier, with a new trailer coming out a few weeks later.

AoU and Ant-Man are probably releasing a little too close together, but they can make up the short time schedule pretty easily. Expect a marketing juggernaut to start taking off mid-to-late-May for it.

Pachimari

I'm seriously gonna faint soon. I can't take anymore.

First Deadpool set images, The Thing reveal, awesome Vision poster, Daredevil premiere tomorrow, Archangel design revealed and now an absolutely stunning image of Yellow jacket.

Take my breath away.

Prompto

Banned

First Deadpool set images, The Thing reveal, awesome Vision poster, Daredevil premiere tomorrow, Archangel design revealed and now an absolutely stunning image of Yellow jacket.

Take my breath away.
We're getting Age of Ultron impressions tonight as well!

I have been wondering about the silence surrounding this movie. I was expecting a second trailer by now. One before AoU would be cool.

That Yellowjacket shot is awesome, though. Hardly noticed the little Ant-Man jumping at him.

mreddie

Take my breath away.

On top of LEGO Dimensions revealed and ending with Daredevil.

Fine day indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom