• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anti-Buyer's Remorse Thread

What's a game you spent a good amount of money on that was worth every penny?

For me, I spent $85 on a physical Switch copy of West of Loathing, but I don't regret it at all because I really love West of Loathing.

FunkMiller

On My Way Link GIF by GIPHY Gaming

Would have paid double.

StereoVsn

P4 Golden. Bought the Vita Golden Edition, Physical Vita Cart and picked up digital on sale down the road. No regrets, one of my favorite games of all times.

Edit: Of course I have PS2 version as well, but somehow P4G on Vita just clicked.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Streets of Rage 2.

Hands down best beat em up game. At the time, games like Final Fight or Double Dragon were the top dogs. SoR 2 blew them away.

3098481c9164bb5f33069b37e49fba1a572ea3b89971ee7b.jpg

And I've bought it twice. I own it on PS5 and PC. I'll probably buy it for Switch 2 if a version of it launches there. Lol.
This is my only gaming purchase regret. I paid full price on Steam, played for four hours, and gave up. Never again will I pay full price for a digital game.

simpatico

I recently got a bro deal on a boxed copy of Castlevania Bloodlines for Genesis. Man, graphically, this is among the top tier on the system. Really the Crysis of it's time. Some of the effects they achieved I didn't think possible. It was pretty crazy release when I was a kid. It was Uncharted 3 before Uncharted 3. How did they pull it off on that hardware? Most underrated 'Vania title.

BMbNFGr.png

Last edited:
I bought the $100 extra Vita bundle to get Hot Shots Golf a week early. I played that game online for months and months and months.

And won the weekly tournament 4 out of 7 weeks I entered which was against hundreds of players. Go BJ! I mean Alex!

Aenima

As much as i hate how greedy Sega became with the monetization and DLCs, i paid 60€ for the physical PS5 version of LaD Infinity Wealth day 1 and its worth every cent.

LordOfChaos

For a few bucks, this is honestly one of my most played games, whenever I want to be playing something but not in the mood to really dive into something it often goes on, I find the speed somehow relaxing like it's all you can focus on for a while. A small gaming meditation, though once you get to the later levels it does get hairy. Even been in the top 100 for some days.

I'm glad people gave Revengeance a second chance years later after dismissing it at first. It's a very replayable game.

metal-gear-rising.gif

zandatsu-metal-gear-rising.gif

Another one worth every penny imo.

MrA

bought my Neo Geo collection between around 2005 to 2010 paying between 20 and 400 dollars a game, still enjoy it to this day

ReBurn

Gold Member
I spent a hundred bucks on Tekken 8 and I'm loving it. Usually I wait to buy new games. Back in the stone ages I spent eighty bucks on Street Fighter 2 on SNES and that was a lot for me back then. But it ended up saving me money considering what I was dumping into the arcade cabinet every week.

april6e

I was worried that Life is Strange 1 would be just a typical coming of age high school story I've seen a million times. Instead I got one of my favorite games of last generation with plenty of thrills in the second half of the story and memorable characters.

On My Way Link GIF by GIPHY Gaming

Would have paid double.
This one is hard for me. I don’t regret my purchase at all. I love this game but at the same time I don’t like it.

I love Zelda and I don’t think you can release one I straight up don’t like but I don’t care for the depths and the sky islands are disappointing. However I still rebought a Switch just to finish this damn game so technically I spent $210 on it and I don’t regret it.

Still haven’t finished it though lol

If Stellar Blade has a parry as good as either of these....
Honestly from looking at the gameplay, it reminds me the most of this game
81l-g1UUIEL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg
Stellar Blade even does the same zoomed in camera-swoop-slomo every time she goes in for the kill, just like NB.

kungfuian

PSVR1 was essentially a resident evil 7 delivery system for me and worth every penny for that game alone!l Although I do feel like I'm kind of cheating w that one because there's other good games on that system.

For recent games I would say Elden Ring for sure. I feel like I got multiple games worth of content for the price of one! Add to that the fact that had they broken it up, each one of those games would have been game of the Year contender for me. Such an amazing game and a hell of a deal for how much content it's packed with!

Maddoxswe

Loop Demon GIF by Xbox

(Diablo 4)

I've spent so much time in this game, and for every season it gets better and better! No remorse here..

manfestival

Funny enough

New World for me.
Spent a stupid amount of time obsessing over it after giving it up on it around launch time. For some reason I wanted to justify the $40 I spent having that regret. I gave the game a shot and became obsessed with it to the point it was bad for my life since I wanted to not do anything else outside of playing the game. 1700+ hours on a $40 game is pretty good.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Gravity Rush the Thread.

I got more of 5 copies... And I could get more 😏.

I love Gravity Rush so much that I wouldn't mind buying a physical copy at any price.

Last edited:

Kenpachii

They are billions

3500 hours and counting, paid like 20-30 bucks for it. Absolute blast of a game.

7A7C3F6173C0577CF3A5B62206AC16559ECD28D9

Divinity original sin 2:

giphy.gif

650 hours and counting. Honour mode solo lonewolf runs ( permdeath ) are my thing.

Riftbreaker:

Small game but 115 hours in it and absolutely a blast with it.

riftbreaker_gamejolt_gif-p84jujqu.gif

Top Bottom