• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

any advice on a good psx to usb cable?

neptunes

I've been searching around but I want some input from people who probably have one of their own.

I also live in canada so if any could help me out It would be greatly appreciated :D

Are you talking about controllers?

SmartJoy Plus is the one to get - it's easily available through Lik-Sang or Ebay. I managed to buy one over ebay, shipped from australia to alberta and it only took 5 days. The sticker on the adapter peels off but otherwise it works extremely well.

neptunes

I'm currently looking at this one

Super-Dual-Box.jpg

though I don't know if it's good or not, but you live in canada right? how much did you pay in shipping and handling?

Hey, go with whatever works. Can't argue with cheap.

I picked up this one, probably ended up costing $30 CAD when all was said and done (customs fees). It seems to be the most solid one out there, with dance-pad mode, dualshock feedback support, and a really nifty driver setup.

smartjoy-plus.jpg

davis

also download the JoyToKey program if it doesn't come with it you can map any of the 16 PS2 buttons to any keybord buttons & can enable the 2nd joystick in options, works out well once you mess around with it.

Scoobert

davis said:
also download the JoyToKey program if it doesn't come with it you can map any of the 16 PS2 buttons to any keybord buttons & can enable the 2nd joystick in options, works out well once you mess around with it.

I bow down to you sir! I've been looking for something like this for ages. It's just what I always wanted. :)

Thanks!

BTW: I highly recommend this place: http://www.electricquarter.com/contadapt.htm

Prices are fair and they ship to Canada pretty cheap. Shipping has always been fast for me too. The site might not look to hot, but they really are great.

Top Bottom