• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Any decent Diablo clones for current PlayStation systems?

Windforce

Well, so I have returned my desktop PC after finding out I have no room for one in my apartment... :( Thing was huge so maybe later I'll get a decent laptop.

So my only platforms for running games are the consoles, PS3, PS4 and PS Vita. I have already played:

- Diablo III (PS3)
- Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition (PS3 and PS4)
- Dungeon Hunter Alliance (PS3 and PS Vita)
- Lord of the Rings War in the North (PS3)
- Gauntlet Slayer Edition (PS4) - loved this one!

So much I got to Platinum on them all. I have even played a small simple game called Heroes of Loot on PS Vita that was Diablo-ish.

Which other Diablo clones or similar games should I look for? I really need more of action hack and slash RPG/dungeon crawler.

Suggestions welcome, thanks.

does it got to be top down? borderlands is pretty much a fps diablo game.

WOOPS read the op and still missed the 2nd to last line, :x idk let me do some googling

not hack and slashy but helldivers is actually pretty similar to diablo from what i remember playing, it was a free ps+ game too

Unicorn

Is Grim Dawn coming? It has some light controller support on PC, so I think it may be in the works. More Diablo 2 or Titan Quest than Diablo 3.

Corpekata

Banned
There's not a lot of options. Almost all the recent ones I can think of like Victor Vran are "maybe get ported eventually" sorts of situations.

Kudo

Not really, I wish they would bring back the Baldur's Gate games. Those were awesome on PS2.

Now imagining Dark Alliance 1-2 released for PS4 through the PS2 emulator, those are games I'd buy without blinking an eye.
So much co-op fun to have in those games.

Fat Princess Adventures (PS4)
Sacred 2 (PS3)
Bastion (PS4)
Gauntlet: Slayer Edition(PS4)
Dungeon Siege 3(PS3)
Lord of the Ring: War in the North (PS3)
Helldivers (PS4) Sci-fi but Diablo like.
Alienation (PS4) Sci-fi but Diablo like.
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 and 2 (PS3)

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
Would Divinity: Original Sin count? I haven't played it myself but supposedly the controller input works super well.

Alienware Steam Machine and Torchlight 1 & 2, Titan Quest, Path of Exile, and Sacred 1 & 2. If you like ARPGs just comeback home to PC. The steam machine pays for itself in energy savings at like 130w max draw. There is too much awesome to deprive yourself.

jkanownik

Sacred 2. My wife and I played all of the coop ARPGs on PS2 together and that fits the same mold. Some people don't like it but we easily put over 100 hours into it.

Alienation is coming out soon, and while it's not a hack n slash, they did say it would involve a lot of loot. Might be similar to a twin stick Diablo.

Syril

With a PS3 you could play the PS1 version of Diablo 1 and also not have to deal with its insane 10 block memory card requirement.

Zen Mu

Sacred 2. My wife and I played all of the coop ARPGs on PS2 together and that fits the same mold. Some people don't like it but we easily put over 100 hours into it.

I put in a ton of hours on this one myself. Great dungeon crawler IMO, the Blind Guardian quest alone makes it worth the 10-20 bucks you'll pay for it.

orochi91

Alienation!

The devs behind Resogun are making the game, and it's basically Sci-fi Diablo.

DB3:UEE is one of my all-time favourite games, and I'm very much so looking forward to Alienation.

Windforce

Thanks for the quick replies guys, I'll quote some:

does it got to be top down? borderlands is pretty much a fps diablo game.

WOOPS read the op and still missed the 2nd to last line, :x idk let me do some googling

not hack and slashy but helldivers is actually pretty similar to diablo from what i remember playing, it was a free ps+ game too

Thanks, I own Borderlands 1 and 2 but it's not really my cup of tea. I'm just not much into FPS. I'll watch some videos and I might give Helldivers a go, I own it from PS Plus but haven't downloaded yet.

Dragon's Crown

I second Dragons Crown on PS3/Vita.

If you end up getting an Xbox 360 at some point get Torchlight.

I own that one (I like it) but it feels more like a beatem up than a Diablo game though.

Fat Princess Adventures (PS4)
Sacred 2 (PS3)
Bastion (PS4)
Gauntlet: Slayer Edition(PS4)
Dungeon Siege 3(PS3)
Lord of the Ring: War in the North (PS3)
Helldivers (PS4) Sci-fi but Diablo like.
Alienation (PS4) Sci-fi but Diablo like.
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 and 2 (PS3)

Alienation is coming out soon, and while it's not a hack n slash, they did say it would involve a lot of loot. Might be similar to a twin stick Diablo.

Thanks a lot! I actually forgot to mention in the OP that I platinum'd Gauntlet on PS4 (man, it was so much fun playing a Valkyrie! wow). I have also beaten War in the North and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 on PS3 long ago, all of them to platinum. ;)

Will definitely look into the others. Bastion, Sacred 2 and Dungeon Siege 3 especially, I hope I can find the discs for the PS3 games though as some are not on the PS Store unfortunately. Alienation could be good considering I liked Dead Nation and overall love Housemarque games.

Would Divinity: Original Sin count? I haven't played it myself but supposedly the controller input works super well.

I watched videos of it yesterday and it's interesting but turn based. Nothing against turn based, just looking for aRPGs.

Sounds good, will look for this.

Doooooo the Ys series count?

I have to watch videos, etc. I own Ys Celceta on PS Vita and never downloaded it.

With a PS3 you could play the PS1 version of Diablo 1 and also not have to deal with its insane 10 block memory card requirement.

That's an idea too I never considered.

I recommend Gauntlet: Slayer Edition. It was on ps plus before so maybe you might have picked it up?

Forgot to mention it, but I've played it to hell and back. lol, got platinum trophy even. Absolutely LOVED it, thanks for the suggestion, will update the OP accordingly.

The Division is 3rd person over the shoulder Diablo.

Really? I might look into it, I thought it was just 'another generic shooter'. lol

Windforce

Is Dungeon Hunter Alliance any good?

I'd kill for something from this genre on Vita that's half-decent.

Well, it does copy the whole class trinity (Warrior / Rogue / Mage) and difficulty unlocks, loot, 4-player coop. Sadly it's not even close to what Diablo games offer in terms of depth and 'feel'/'atmosphere'. The game feels and screams 'budget'.

That said, in my thrist for a Diablo clone, I played both versions (PS3 and PS Vita) until unlocking every single trophy. It is still pretty fun in coop despite all shortcomings.

yeah, sacred 2 ps3 version is alright.

I'll have to look for the disc then; all I see on PSN store are Sacred 3 and Sacred Citadel. Are those too terrible, seeing everyone only recommended Sacred 2?

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I love ARPGs, but sadly they're few and far between on consoles.

Dungeon Siege 3 isn't too shabby, but after playing Diablo UE, you're going to go from Filet Mignon to frying steak.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Alienware Steam Machine and Torchlight 1 & 2, Titan Quest, Path of Exile, and Sacred 1 & 2. If you like ARPGs just comeback home to PC. The steam machine pays for itself in energy savings at like 130w max draw. There is too much awesome to deprive yourself.

How many shares do you own?

Olli128

There's not much decent - Keep your fingers crossed the champions of norrath games come out as ps2 classics.

How many shares do you own?

They weren't wrong, PC's are the best place to play aRPG's at this point. I'm assuming the Alpha suggestion was because it's around the same price and specs as a PS4. (I have one and I love it btw.)

OT: Most games I'd have named off have already been said, there aren't too many on consoles unfortunately. :/

Top Bottom