• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Any fellow Armored Core versus-play enthousiasts?

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
I wondered, I've seen people mentioning Armored Core, but are there actually people out there playing it with friends? I started playing AC with some friends with AC: Project Phantasma which, ironically, still has some of my favorite maps: a quite stupid tree-plantation-like level which is, however, spread with mines which provides endless fun (blowing up clusters of mines with huge cannons). An other favorite level is the one with an enormous river-gorge in it, ideal for lurking. Ther were also some cool indoor levels with lots of corridors, doors and crossing sections/sewers.

Now I'm playing AC3, and it's multiplay level do suck. They seem smaller then the levels from the old PSOne AC's, and they aren't half as fun to play. The only classic is the Arena, in which you don't really benefit from the enviroment. It's as pure as AC gameplay comes, the one controlling his customized AC best wins. The game does have more of'n Beat'm Up feeling then a FPS feeling in the Arena IMO.

Anyway, with AC3's multiplay levels lacking big time I'm looking forward to Nexus with hopes they're gonna do better this time. Online gameplay = something to look forward to, but if the levels suck hard it's not gonna be enjoyable, and right now the chances of From Software designing good levels seem to be totally unpredictable to me :/

nathkenn

Borg Artiste
I agree the multiplayer maps in the new armored cores arent nearly as good as the psx ones. The whole balance of the game seems a lot less fun to me as well. I loved that stage with the huge moutain in the middle surrounded by a water filled gorge

There is no on-line play in Nexus. Enjoy! ^_^

Personally, I've given up on new AC games. I'll stick to PS AC games, back when From Software still had a clue and the Versus stage designs didn't suck massive cock.

If you want on-line mecha on PS2, get in line for:

ffo1.jpg

It would help if the mechanical designs in PC2050 didn't look like a hybrid of a Fuchikoma and American Standard toilet bowl.

If it plays well, I'll likely buy both, but right now FMO is the front runner.

If the can make a game like Socom with robots and none of the crap that plagues Socom, I'll be all over it. ^_^

That's secondary to the fact that From Software has experimented with on-line play three times with AC in Japan. The game is a fabulous multiplayer title, and the absolute lack of on-line play in Nexus across the board, and subsequent previous US releases, and From Software is really missing out on a huge sales opportunity.

I know, they may have to ease up on Xbox projects that are destined to fail in order to focus all of their efforts on their best selling franchise, but you know - something tells me it would be worth it in the long run.

I'm sure FMO will have full DS2 control and on-line play.

Get back to me when From Soft is paying attention to what their fanbase wants. >:|

Top Bottom