• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Any Gmail users here? How is the spam filtering?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Finally was given an invitation to get a Gmail account from the missus(damn holdout), but I'm curious to know how the spam filtering is? I'm actually really happy with how improved the spam filtering is on the free yahoo mail accounts and I'm trying to see if this gmail account is something I should look at really using.

Any thoughts?

Azih

well I have gmail, but It's a new email account and haven't encountered spam yet. Never used the filter yet.

Nerevar

they call me "Man Gravy".
DarienA said:
Finally was given an invitation to get a Gmail account from the missus(damn holdout), but I'm curious to know how the spam filtering is? I'm actually really happy with how improved the spam filtering is on the free yahoo mail accounts and I'm trying to see if this gmail account is something I should look at really using.

Any thoughts?

I forwarded an old account to my gmail account. I've noticed that spam filtering is really good (better than yahoo's spam filtering). It used to be pretty bad, but I never get spam in my inbox anymore.

I use one as a personal email address and another for signing up for things online. the personal one has gotten no spam whatsoever. I didn't even think about spam on the other one until I hit the Spam link on the sidebar and apparantly I'd gotten over a hundred spam messages that I never even knew about. That was just from signing up on cnn.com, bofa.com, amazon.com, fandango.com and this forum, so maybe that says a little something about how well protected our info is when we put our email address online.

but, to answer your question, the spam filtering works great in my opinion. never knew I had ay until I checked.

~Cris

impirius

Gmail is incredible. I'm considering just forwarding my IMAP accounts to my Gmail address. If only they'd implement a better Contacts list with groups (labels?) for mass emails...

Deku Tree

It's pretty good. I've had gmail for more than a month now. Almost all my spam gets sent into my spam folder.

But you have to check your spam folder because sometimes it's too good and stuff gets thrown in there that doesn't belong.

I'm actually thinking about using it as my main email account because the spam filter is so much better than what I have with my ISP.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I've had one piece of spam with gmail (with no forwarding from an old account, and I've never used the address for any registrations or anything), but a quick click on the report spam button saw it gone. None since.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom