• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Any Golf players out here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been invited by the lady next door to play golf with her and i was just wondering are there any cool stuff to look forward to like fine young women etc?

Brendonia

"Edge stole Big Ben's helmet"
If this is the first time you've ever played before the only thing you should be preparing for is to be embarassed. I've played for about 6 years and I still suck, it's a really hard game to get good at. I've seen some hot girls that play golf, in fact I'm taking a golf class right now at college and there's 2 really hot girls in it, but the majority of pro female golfers are lesbos. Either way if you're patient you should have a good time, if you get frustrated easily forget it.

bionic77

There are lots of hot girls that play golf. I don't recommend going on to the golf course if you don't know what you are doing, you will just end up being very frustrated. Before you go, make sure to hit a couple hundred balls on the range with your driver and some irons. If you can, get a quick 30 minute golf lesson from someone before you go. It is really important to learn the proper grip and stance from the beginning before you can fuck up your swing with bad habits.

Golf is an awesome game to play if you have the time. And to repeat, there are plenty of hot girls who play golf, but honestly it isn't that fun to play golf (or most sports) with women. I always had more fun playing mixed doubles then golf with women, I get too self absorbed when I am playing golf to appreciate a hot playing partner.

Dyne

I started at a younger age and I'm pretty good. My handicap is considerably lower than your average golfer. I got a set of new clubs last year; I was playing without cavities for a long time with my old Spaldings. I knocked off a good 10 points with the new clubs. I think most, if not all, new clubs have cavities now.

Anyways, the key is to relax. Learn this and you will do well. Oh, and get some books.

explodet

It can be a very relaxing game, until you slice your ball into the water hazard for the 3rd time. I'd like to improve my game, but driving range fees in the city are outrageously high and I don't have as much time anymore.

And those Maxim/Coors Light commericals are filthy stinking lies.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
I've been playing since I was about 14, my handicap is still around 9 or so. It's a classic example of easy to learn hard to master and its one of my favorite hobbies.

I just played for the first time yesterday.. I'd be doing pitch and putt for a few months, so my chipping and putting was fine, but I hadn't been to the driving range at all this year, so this was the first time using my drivers and any iron below a 9 (or is that above a 9?).

Ugh. Just... ugh.

Shot a 99 on a 61.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom