• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Any good Disgaea type games for PC?

DHGamer

Just picked up Phantom Brave to round out the trilogy. Took a few hours to get into it but I'm liking it alot. If Makai Wars is like these games it's gonna be a PSP system seller for me.

Anyways, I'm wondering if anyone knows of some good SRPG's for the PC. Something like these PS2 games in looks and playability.

MoxManiac

Well, Disgaea-esque games are probably rare on PC, but I recommend Disciples 2 + expansions as a really good and easy to get into turn based strategy game.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
apparently japan produces a shit load of homebrew pc strat rpgs, but i have no evidence of this.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
The War of Genesis 1-3, but that's only in Korean... those games look really good though

Also, check out Vantage Master.. a Falcom game translated to English, and released for free! Not sure where to get it but 1up.com has a link in its 'freeloader' section.

DHGamer

Vantage master looks interesting. Disciples 2 isnt really what I'm looking for I guess. I want more of a grid system on a perspective like Disgaea. Disciples kinda reminds me of Might and magic graphic-wise.

Thanks for the link, going to download that one. :)

Top Bottom