• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Any good way to stream games from PC around the house?

When I used my Xbox I used to sit out on my porch by a fire and play game pass. Is there anyway to stream your PC while on the same wifi? I know steam deck is an option, but if streaming is possible somehow on a table or my phone I'd try to do that.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future

drotahorror

Haven't had a chance to check it out yet, but is it a free service?
Yes. Look into Sunshine + Moonlight.

When I'm downstairs I can be streaming my PC to my shield in the living room within seconds, great latency as well. Or can just turn on my steam deck anywhere and be streaming and playing my PC within seconds

Moonlight for your devices and Sunshine for the host (your PC)

SoloCamo

Steam box. I still have one works great.

Does it though? I bought two and never used them... 1080p only though right? That said I usually have another desktop in the room or use my laptop if outside the house with Steam streaming and it works well.

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23
Does it though? I bought two and never used them... 1080p only though right? That said I usually have another desktop in the room or use my laptop if outside the house with Steam streaming and it works well.
It is 1080p. But I am playing stuff like Dave the diver. If I want graphical fidelity I use my console or at my monitor.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Hell, turning on and off my PC alone is worth it.. you can turn it on with it I assume?
Yep you can send a wake on lan packet. I would set it up so the phone screen acts as a track pad, because windows scaled for 4K on a phone is basically inoperable using a touchscreen. Click with 3 fingers to bring up the keyboard for logging in.

Top Bottom