• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

any impression of smt nocturne or nine ?

reriel

anyone has played shin megami tensei nocturne ? and smt nine for xbox ? any impression of these games ?

"DDS: Coo"

You've played DDS? Impressions please. :) Everyone seems to rave about SMT3 and hwo good it is, but I haven't heard much on DDS at all despite it being playable at E3 and with that recent demo.

Bebpo

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
"DDS: Coo"

You've played DDS? Impressions please. :) Everyone seems to rave about SMT3 and hwo good it is, but I haven't heard much on DDS at all despite it being playable at E3 and with that recent demo.

Playable at E3? Maybe only to the press.

When I checked out Atlus's room the only DDS setup was running a trailer and had no controller plugged in :(

Well the game will be out in less the 9 days, so impressions/reviews should start popping up soon.

lordmrw

Is that for America or japan? Because I've seen differing release dates for every game I've looked up on every site. I still don't know if that Phantasy Star Collection comes out next month or next year, orif SMT Nocturne comes out next month or september.

"Playable at E3? Maybe only to the press."

Hmm I thought I remember some reports that it was playable at E3. Guess it was just SMT3 then.

lordmrw, it's for Japan. DDS doesn't come out till November 16th in the US.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
SolidSnakex said:
"Playable at E3? Maybe only to the press."

Hmm I thought I remember some reports that it was playable at E3. Guess it was just SMT3 then.

lordmrw, it's for Japan. DDS doesn't come out till November 16th in the US.

I remember hearing the same thing, that it was playable but only had 1 random fight. Maybe I'm thinking about something that came after E3.

ferricide

DDS was given to print press at the show, but not demoed. someone recently posted impressions of a demo that came with a dengeki magazine in japan.

there's a 2 page preview of DDS in the kingdom hearts GMR, if you're looking for some coverage and happen to get/have access to that magazine.

SMT3 is more gameplay focused, and DDS is more story focused, trying to wow the FF audience. granted, they both have good stories and good gameplay, but the balance is different. of course, final judgment awaits the review copies.

SMT3 will be out in september in the US. DDS supposedly will be out in november but i don't think that's rock solid.

I honestly expect DDS to be delayed... no real concrete reasons, just a feeling.

When I asked about DDS during E3, I was told it was just being shown through video at Atlus's section. It's a shame that so many bigger sites have practically ignored these games... SMT:N was mostly just a dorky blurb after E3 had already concluded.

Strangely, Gamespy has had the best articles on SMT:N, in my opinion.

Top Bottom