• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Any Impressions of The Bard's Tale yet?

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
I know, I know...sandwiched between the likes of San Andreas and DOA Ultimate this week, who has time to pay attention to the little guy? Well, hopefully at least a few of you supposedly hardcore gamer types...Any impressions?

Also, Interview with Brian Fargo at Gamespot:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/10/27/news_6111481.html

GS: Are you having any next-gen system thoughts?

BF: Well, since development times are roughly two years, I think that a next-gen machine is the obvious choice for us. If we do a sequel, I hope those crazy peripherals are available like microphones and drums. I would love for the Bard to need to sing or dance. Imagine making the player drink beer and then have to sing and dance in key.
:lol GOTY 2006!

Edit: Oh, and as for why I don't have the game yet questioning your gamerhood in the meantime ;) ...waiting to pick it up later this week once I have a chance to get to a Toys 'R Us.

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
I bought the Xbox version today... and played GTASA all afternoon, and now I have to write stuff all evening.

I intend to post impressions sometime, though.

i read a couple more reviews (gamespy and gamespot) that didn't have the most glowing of impressions. The game sounds liek fun, but they describe the combat as being kinda broken. I think i might wait for a price drop or two now.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Man I don't even WANT this game and I feel like I almost have to buy it to support what they're doing for the biz.

Edit: Same as I've been doing for most Nintendo games since 1999 :D

Top Bottom