• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Any interest some sort of "Arcade Culture" OT?

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
(Culture lol)

This is mostly to serve my own nonsense desire to post about new Japanese arcade games no one cares about, but would there be any interest in this? I'm thinking it would be useful / interesting for a few things:

- New arcade games releases / news / ports / whatever (this might be more Japanese focussed)
- Arcade openings / closings, new game pickups, events, etc. (this would have more worldwide interest as there are still handfuls of active arcades in lots of places)
- This might tie in with the above point, but some more specific info / advice either about locations or game specifics? ("I'm visiting _____ this weekend, anything close-by?" "How do I register this konami e-muse pass in Japan?" etc.)

Anyway this shouldn't be the thread but just gauging interest. For some images so it's not completely boring:

Groove Coaster (the iOS otoge) came out in arcades sort of recently. I think it's pretty fun but it made me finally get a Nesica card so my wallet is now bigger :(

0vWNL8i.jpg

O8cXZII.jpg

Also since EXVS Full Boost's PS3 port is coming out really soon, here is the audience on Friday night:

nUcuQwd.jpg

RIP. Used to be lineups!

PK_man

Banned
i was in hongkong last month and i noticed a couple of new touch based music games. (sorry dont have pics). i mostly play jubeat and senjou no kizuna.

Just do it. Make the thread. Either it'll disappear or not -- a better way of gauging interest that making a pre-thread thread.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I haven't been inside an actual traditional arcade in many years, they all are gone around where I live. :(

xk0sm0sx

Don't really play arcade music games, until Dance Evolution Arcade came out. Screw music games where you just remember note charts XD.
Though I also play Taiko and Music GunGun.

I also played some Gunslinger Stratos the previous time I was in Japan (near the closing time when people were gone). Really interesting game and controls.

gngf123

I used to really enjoy playing in arcades, it's a shame there aren't many of them around any more.

I think it'd be cool. Particularly the stuff about arcade locations.

Talking of which, anyone know of any traditional arcades in London (UK)?

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Just do it. Make the thread. Either it'll disappear or not -- a better way of gauging interest that making a pre-thread thread.

My self-esteem has already been shattered by too many unsuccessful threads ( ≖‿≖)

But looks like there might be some interest so ok.

Top Bottom