• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Any Old School Runescape players here?

Senua

I wasted so many years of my childhood playing runescape from 2004-2012ish, the game turned to an MTX infested sack of shite, but with old school they brought back into the fold. Kinda fell off it but I go back from time to time when I'm feeling depressed and want to make myself even more so. The dirge of the newbie melody sends a signal to my brain saying, yes you are worthless in real life, but in runescape, you are a strong warrior wielding an abyssal whip.

I also found an old thread I made about it back in the day, showing my passion for said game https://www.neogaf.com/threads/runescape-thread.411128/

Anyone else play?

Portugeezer

I was a Habbo hotel kid back in those days, I know it's not MMO but some Habbo kids tried to get me to play runescape and when I tried I remember just thinking these graphics suck ass and didn't play much more.

Probably for the best as I would have definitely become an addict.

I play from time to time now casually. not as much as i would like due to me not wanting to grind so much. Started in 05 and have been playing on and off forever.
Recently started a RS3 ironman knowing nothing about the game as i just went over to old school when it came back. Its recommended for sure if you make an ironman in rs3, no mtx at all as you cant do it. But old school is still the best!

Is there any interest in a NeoGaf Clan Chat in Old School?

TNT Sheep

I started playing Runescape just after they got rid of PK'ing in the Wildy.... Played it for a few years then lost interest around the time they introduced the skill dungeoneering.

I then played Oldschool a fair amount back in 2015 together with a friend, but I could not keep up with his no lifeing, so I slowly lost interest. When they introduced the mobile client I played again for a bit.... and subsequently lost interest.

Sometimes I still log in to do some casual mining/fishing/woodcutting.

I guess it's true what they say: "You never really quit Runescape, you just take a long break."

TNT Sheep

I was a Habbo hotel kid back in those days, I know it's not MMO but some Habbo kids tried to get me to play runescape and when I tried I remember just thinking these graphics suck ass and didn't play much more.

Probably for the best as I would have definitely become an addict.
Also 'played' that glorified chatroom. One of my first experiences with MTX, and I'd argue it's one of the worst of its kind. Eventually got locked out of my account when they required you to login with an email.

Senua

I play from time to time now casually. not as much as i would like due to me not wanting to grind so much. Started in 05 and have been playing on and off forever.
Recently started a RS3 ironman knowing nothing about the game as i just went over to old school when it came back. Its recommended for sure if you make an ironman in rs3, no mtx at all as you cant do it. But old school is still the best!

Is there any interest in a NeoGaf Clan Chat in Old School?
Man I haven't tried RS3 in many years, I jumped out after EoC. Wen't back a few times just to check up on it but it's just so foreign to me now. I might try again on an ironman that's a good idea.

On the chat front, that would be cool but not sure how many gaffers play.

Top Bottom