• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Any other Sat. radio owners out there? (XM/Sirius)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
I've had my XM since Father's day... Hell we even took it with us on our vacation last week because we had to do alot of driving and put it in our rental PT Cruiser Convertible...

I friggin love this thing... besides new R&B and Hip, there's channels for classic R&B, Funk, classic Hip Hop, Comedy, News, Local Traffic reports.... hell there's even a channel that plays nothing but movie soundtrack music... on the way to the airport Sat we spent some time listening to different James Bond movie themes.... even the DJ's that come on during the day on the Hip Hop channels have some surprisingly good mixes... and funny to boot...

I took WAY too long to get one of these.

DarienA

Suranga3 said:
The deck i have is sirius compatible, how is the quality of these stations? Just like regular radio?

With a compatible deck you should have as good if not better than regular radio sound quality. You should have more like CD quality sound.

DarienA

bionic77 said:
What about reception?

The placement of the antenna is very important to reception as expected you'll lose it in tunnels and such, and occasionally I'll lose it for a few seconds on the highway in certain spots, for the most part it's all good. The appeal of having the same stations wherever you go in the US was a strong one for me... and so far I've used it here in MD, and down in FL with no problems whatsoever.

XM is awesome. My ex sent me his XM PC when he moved out of the country, but I had to send it back when he returned to the US, the bastard. Great service, and definetly worth the investment if you spend a lot of time in the car too.

DarienA

Jugendstil said:
XM is awesome. My ex sent me his XM PC when he moved out of the country, but I had to send it back when he returned to the US, the bastard. Great service, and definetly worth the investment if you spend a lot of time in the car too.

The one thing that Sirius does that I wish XM did is let you listen to it through your PC. If you have a Sirius account I believe you can listen to any of the channels straight from their website... come on XM... add that feature!

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
you can always get the XM PC radio for $40. It's alot of neat software fans have come up with.

DarienA

jobber said:
you can always get the XM PC radio for $40. It's alot of neat software fans have come up with.

Where do you see it for $40? XM sells it for $50 at their site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom