• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Any tool to change text so is unsearchable?

cormack12

Gold Member
Sure there used to be a guy/leaker on here that used to post stuff with random separation and full stops in words to protect their identity.

My workplace has a 7yr retention policy on chats, and the backend audit tool is poor. So are there any online tools where you can paste a sentence in and it will apply formatting to break up words?

E.g. Rebecca is a real bitch man, I dunno why she doesn't crack on with the work we need instead of choosing something unimportant

Would become:
R.ebe-cca is a real bit ch ma.n, I dunno why she doesn't crack on with the work we need instead of cho..osing som ething unimpor.tant

nush

My workplace has a 7yr retention policy on chats

Did you just find this out?

giphy.gif

Ophiuchus

Banned
I haven't come across any specific online tools that automatically format sentences like you described, but you might try searching for text manipulation or obfuscation tools.

m33pm33p

Banned
Yep, there are tools online that can break up words like that. Just search for "text obfuscation tool" and you should find what you need.

calistan

A really simple way to do it in any text program would just be to find and replace a vowel, so find e, replace *, and your example would become:
R*b*cca is a r*al bitch man, I dunno why sh* do*sn't crack on with th* work w* n**d inst*ad of choosing som*thing unimportant

Your IT department might figure it out though.

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23
Sure there used to be a guy/leaker on here that used to post stuff with random separation and full stops in words to protect their identity.

My workplace has a 7yr retention policy on chats, and the backend audit tool is poor. So are there any online tools where you can paste a sentence in and it will apply formatting to break up words?
My workplace deletes all email after 60 days.

willothedog

can you run python scripts locally at work? If so quite easy.

W:\>python gaf.py
Enter the text to obfuscate: the quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog
Obfuscated text:
t/he% qu@ick |brown# fox jum?pe_d over the la>z-y do(g

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
Never use corporate communication tools to express negative thoughts and opinions about colleagues or the employer. Don't put yourself in a vulnerable position by saying things that can be used against you at some point.

Be smart.

Last edited:

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
It kinda freaks me out that you've got pricks with nothing better to do than look back through someone's twitter history to see that someone once found a picture of Hitler tripping over a watermelon funny so left a smiley and 10 years later this can ruin their life.

StueyDuck

I mean... the best thing to do is to just treat most scenarios like business chat and treat them as formal and don't say anything that would get you into trouble 🤷‍♂️.

I know the way modernism is going where everything is offensive now is tough to predict 7 years ago but yeah, rather use grammarly or AI to formalize your statements than text formatting to get away with it.

Hudo

E.g. Rebecca is a real bitch man, I dunno why she doesn't crack on with the work we need instead of choosing something unimportant

Would become:
R.ebe-cca is a real bit ch ma.n, I dunno why she doesn't crack on with the work we need instead of cho..osing som ething unimpor.tant
You mean CBOAT?

*Nightwing

Banned
Dang….. 7 years!?!

My company apparently doesn’t do anything at all to monitor or they approve of me logging in daily and just moving my mouse cursor every 10 minutes to avoid computer locking without doing a single second of work for the past 5 months…. I work at a tech company

Last edited:
Top Bottom