• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anybody notice the new functionality added to ebgames.com?

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Go to the website, click on a game and go to the description page of the game. Now you can enter your zip code and you'll immediately right on the page see what stores local to you 'have' the product in stock but no count.

Gamestop.com has had a similar manual search that pops up an additional page with approximate #'s of the item place for awhile.

Neither is realtime from what I see, I'm guessing each is just updated overnight based on that store's broadcast of the days sales. Still a nice helper for both if you ask me.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Scoobert said:
Good catch, never noticed it. Added today? Yesterday? Also shows for pre-played games.

I didn't notice it yesterday so I'm guessing today, and no belgurdo I doubt they are shipping from local stores, but considering you can now pick up pre-ordered products from local stores that MIGHT be coming.

At the very least I'd be able to pick up a title I just purchased online from my local store, but the shipping part would be additional work for employees so I'm not sure when/if that'll ever come.

AirBrian

IIRC, GameStop updates their lists a couple times a day. They definitely update it around Noon (CT) and again around 5 PM. I'm sure there are nightly updates as well.

ChrisReid

AirBrian said:
IIRC, GameStop updates their lists a couple times a day. They definitely update it around Noon (CT) and again around 5 PM. I'm sure there are nightly updates as well.

That'd be meaningless, because in-store computers don't connect to anything to report what they've sold until the nighttime.

Top Bottom