• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone at E3 for fun?

Creasy

Hey guys,

E3 is supposed to be a "non public" event, yet I was really surprised to see how many "regular" people (non press) were there last year when I was at the show for the first time.
Just out of curiosity - anyone knows if all those people actually are paying the fee (900$ or whatever it is) - or is this some kind of "i know some guy" deal?
I thought there would be 90% press or something, but it basically was the other way around (according to the color of the badges I saw).

Anyway, I also didn't know how easy it was to get to E3. I run a pretty small blog about one game and got the "press badge" last - and this year again. Are there others here as well who will be going to the show in more of a "private fassion"?

It's kinda fun to be there just for fun while most others obviously have a "job" to do (and write the same stuff as any other gaming website). I don't even know yet how long I will be there (gets boring after a while, since it isn't that big anyway).
Since I have no knowledge about this stuff whatsoever (again, just running a private blog) - I'd assume it's all about "who you know" with this kind of events, right?
I got invited to the EA press conference, but obviously not the "real" stuff (Sony, MS)

Does anyone know here if there is any way to get into the meeting rooms (outside of the show) and/or E3 partys without an appointment - or is this all just for the "big press only" (as I'd assume).
Last year near the end there was a large group of people forming around the Sony rooms - seemed to be some kind of "public invitation" or something like that? Does anyone know anything about this?

Long story short ;) - is anyone else here going basically "just for fun"?

DarkFlow

Banned
When my Gf worked at GameStop, the managers mostly all got a pass and could take someone else. A lot of retailers send people to see what they should stock up on come Christmas or whatever.

Top Bottom