• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone else here play Red Dead Revolver?

robot

So I picked this up at gamerush using thier trade 2 games get one for $10 deal, and I'm suprised how fun it is so far. They nailed the whole Wild West theme from the music, grainy effects to deuling with the occasional bounty. Playing as different characters mixes up the potential repetitiveness (is that even a word) and you can even ride bulls! I saw some mediocre reviews and never read any impressions on here, but if anyone is even slightly interested in a fun tps or has a hankerin for some cowboy antics, it's definetly worth a rent (or buy if you can git it cheap). Yeehaw!

Target has this game for $30 starting tomorrow. I think I'll wait until it hits $20, which I'm sure will happen soon, thanks to it's complete bomb-like status.

signet

Error Macro said:
Target has this game for $30 starting tomorrow. I think I'll wait until it hits $20, which I'm sure will happen soon, thanks to it's complete bomb-like status.

it bombed?

It has been in the top 10 since it was released hasn't it?

pcostabel

Gold Member
robot said:
So I picked this up at gamerush using thier trade 2 games get one for $10 deal, and I'm suprised how fun it is so far. They nailed the whole Wild West theme from the music, grainy effects to deuling with the occasional bounty. Playing as different characters mixes up the potential repetitiveness (is that even a word) and you can even ride bulls! I saw some mediocre reviews and never read any impressions on here, but if anyone is even slightly interested in a fun tps or has a hankerin for some cowboy antics, it's definetly worth a rent (or buy if you can git it cheap). Yeehaw!

I agree. This game is very underrated. I had lots of fun playing it. The final scene on the train is great! I think people expected a different kind of game, but for what it is, it deserves more respect.

evil ways

Great game that could use a bit of polish but it nailed the Sergio Leone western theme perfectly. I still play the multiplayer from time to time, very fun and addictive, especially since there's like 20+ characters to play as and some even have their own crazy skills and styles.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Error Macro said:
Hey Willis - go check the top sales lists before posting, it'll help your credibility. RDR has been kicking ass on PS2 and Xbox since release.

Yeah the PlayStation 2 version was the best selling game in May, and the Xbox version was also in the top ten. And yes, I just picked up the game today actually. I'm fighting Pig Josh or whatever his name is. Fun so far! They really did nail the Western theme with the music and feel of the game.

Bomb = not living up to expectations in this case. It is a bomb around here, for sure. Why are stores cutting the price so soon?

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Expectations? After sitting in development hell at Capcom for God knows how long, nobody expected it to do as well as it has, never mind staying at the top of the charts. As for "around here", a sales sample from East Bumblefuck, Kansas doesn't equal sales overall.

I'm just saying.

I sorry, but I don't live in East Bumblefuck. Or Kansas for that matter. In stores around here (Southern California, by the way), the copies are just sitting on the shelves. The stores are discounting the game already, which leads me to believe that it's not doing so hot.

Floater

Banned
I believe that the "Heavy Discounting" you are talking about is actually some kind of promotion to keep Red Dead Revolver in the store ads. It's quite common for Rockstar to do this, I remember them doing it for Midnight Club 2 and Max Payne 2 as well. If it was discounting, I believe the price would remain reduced once the promotion is over.

NPD figures for May seemed to suggest that Red Dead Revolver has actually been quite a "sleeper" hit this summer. I really enjoyed it - right up there with The Suffering and Psi-Ops as "Games I expected to suck, but were actually awesome."

jedimike

I've enjoyed it. I loved fighting the magic circus guy when he would send his midgets to attack you.

Any game with midget clowns is worth buying!

Top Bottom